DM's Guild releases

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

DM's Guild releases

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

With the advent of DM's Guild for Ravenloft, we expect that several of our friends will be putting up products there. This thread will be the place to announce new DM's Guild releases and discuss them. (thanks for the idea, alhoon)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Quickleaf
Conspirator
Conspirator

Re: DM's Guild releases

Post by Quickleaf »

Good idea. Would you like me to delete my Beast of Graenseskov post (if the boards let me do that) and put my announcement here so as not to clutter the forum?
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Nah, just repost here if you like.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Jimsolo
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jimsolo »

Since it seemed like this would get stickied, I know I'd rather it stayed as an index of sorts, leaving individual threads for releases to still serve as formats for feedback, reviews, and Q&A. That would be my personal preference, at any rate.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Jimsolo wrote:Since it seemed like this would get stickied, I know I'd rather it stayed as an index of sorts, leaving individual threads for releases to still serve as formats for feedback, reviews, and Q&A. That would be my personal preference, at any rate.
Yeah, I don't expect detailed discussion here. If you want to go in-depth, go ahead and break off, but I'm not going to lock it down to announcements only. A bit of discussion is fine.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Steve Miller wrote:... you might find Monster, Monster: Soul Drinkers, new release from NUELOW Games, interesting.

It's got two new monsters and adventure seeds, designed by a long-time Ravenloft fan and haunter of these forums that were inspired by a chilling comics short by Marv "Tomb of Dracula" Wolfman & Pablo Marcos... and it was all edited by a one-time Ravenloft contributor--yours truly.

Click here to see previews and to get your own copy. Support the game design efforts of Andrew Pavlides so I can con.. um, convince him into doing another book for me!

(While I'm here, I need to mention Monster Monster: Werewolves, a similar book from NUELOW that also features work by Andrew and Pablo. It's got offbeat werewolf variants and a tale of a werewolf who comes back to even the score with the bullies who tormented him as a child.)
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

The next three Curse of Strahd Adventurers League modules are now up on the DMs Guild:

4-06: "The Ghost" by, um, some guy
4-07: "The Innocent" by Mike Shea (best known for his Sly Flourish blog)
4-08: "The Broken One" by Joshua Kelly

I'm very happy to see that this official version corrected some of the errors I saw in the PDF last week.
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Not exactly Ravenloft (like at all) but I'll put it here cause it's a personal achievement:

http://www.dmsguild.com/product/185071/ ... lider_view

I made, the biggest hex map ever made. 1+ million hexes. It vastly surpasses the hex map given in Rules Cyclopedia 1991 that was (to my knowledge) the biggest hex map before mine.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Here is a Ravenloft product similar to the adventurer's guide to the sword coast.

http://www.dmsguild.com/product/186278/ ... ters=45469

I don't know if that person is from the FoS or not, but the title certainly seems interesting and the price very good for the time. Not everything is to my taste, but there's enough material there, in a style similar to Ravenloft products of old that I do like.
All in all, the "fluff" in the product + Jester's rules is more or less what you would need to run a Ravenloft campaign even if you're new to the setting.

And the art is good (I don't know if it's open domain art self-made or plagiarized).
My DMGuild work!
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Semi-related, the DMsGuild has started adding some Print on Demand items to it's catalogue.
They have two 3e Ravenloft books up so far:
http://www.dmsguild.com/product/2478/Ra ... _0_45547_0

http://www.dmsguild.com/product/701/Rav ... _0_45547_0

If you want to see what I've been doing, it's here:
http://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?x=0& ... d%20Gibson

Next up is spellscars, but I'm eventually going to have to do a Darklords book.
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DeepShadow of FoS »

I'm considering writing some stuff for DM's Guild. Anyone done stuff there lately?
The Avariel has borrowed wings,
The Puppeteer must cut the strings
The Orphan Queen must take the throne
The Queen of Orphans calls them home
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Yes and I'm quite happy with it.
My DMGuild work!
KJordan
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by KJordan »

I just published a new adventure on Dungeon Masters Guild, Oddities & Odysseys: The Night Fiend of Ravenloft. It is a 2 hour adventure for 3rd-4th level characters. The adventure features a powerful villain and unique new abilities for player characters to enjoy.
Village children are disappearing in the dead of night. Are the characters willing to risk their very souls to stop the Night Fiend?
Resonant Curse
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Resonant Curse »

Is there any way to sort by "official" D&D content on the site? I know adventurer's league stuff is official, but aside from that there seems to be all sorts of things that seem official but I have no idea for sure.
KJordan
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by KJordan »

Resonant Curse wrote:Is there any way to sort by "official" D&D content on the site? I know adventurer's league stuff is official, but aside from that there seems to be all sorts of things that seem official but I have no idea for sure.
The search functionality on DMs Guild definitely needs improvement. I believe this filter meets your needs. It captures all Wizards of the Coast products available for Ravenloft.

I will say that "official" doesn't always mean quality. For quality, pay attention to product reviews and ratings.

I hope that helps!
Kerry

Believe it or not, I'm not just full of hot air - sometimes I publish material for Dungeons & Dragons...
Oddities & Odysseys on Dungeon Masters Guild