Castle Ravenloft Guest Rooms

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Ender
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Castle Ravenloft Guest Rooms

Post by Ender »

So I'm running Curse of Strahd and, to be honest, this is the first time I've ever actually sat down and read through the layout of Castle Ravenloft. I have a copy of I6, a copy of Expedition to Castle Ravenloft, and a copy of Curse of Strahd. In going through them... something really stands out to me: there's only one guest room with a single king-sized bed. Now, it's clear that much of the castle was designed as a classic dungeon for the players to explore while trying to survive. I get that. But it seems rather poorly constructed for anything but that. I very much intend to have my players stay the night in the Castle as guests of the Count. If you wanted to do that, you need more guest rooms. Where would you place additional guest rooms to accommodate this type of scenario?
DustBunny
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Castle Ravenloft Guest Rooms

Post by DustBunny »

Ender wrote:If you wanted to do that, you need more guest rooms. Where would you place additional guest rooms to accommodate this type of scenario?
Glancing at the map - room 34 servants upper floor. Its empty and with a minor rearrangedment could accomodate beds. Ditto with the lower bit of this room - room 24 Servants quarters.

Or if you want to keep the servants area, turn one of the towers (room 12 & 22 ) into several guest quarters - rooms with a view. The northern one seems better as it's more easily accessible, as you could put a door between rooms 14 and 20.
Someone sent me a postcard picture of the earth. On the back they had written, "Wish you were here."
Dion of the Fraternity
Lurker Maximus
Lurker Maximus

Re: Castle Ravenloft Guest Rooms

Post by Dion of the Fraternity »

You might want to try converting some of the rooms you won't need into guest rooms. I'm assuming that the Count doesn't really want too many guests in his crib in the first place.