Suggestions for 5e Ravenloft

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Bloodmoon
Conspirator
Conspirator

Suggestions for 5e Ravenloft

Post by Bloodmoon »

:azalin: Hi,

I'm writing in hopes the community here would be so kind as to direct me to the best publications to run a 5th edition Ravenloft campaign.

For 5e, I already have: Curse of Strahd, the Player's Handbook, DM's Guide, and Monster Manual. What I'm looking for are unofficial 5e publications.

These are the types of unofficial 5e publications I'm looking for:

A 5th Edition Ravenloft Player's Handbook
A 5th Edition Ravenloft Campaign Setting
5th Edition Denizens of Dread

...and so on.

I'm looking for only the best versions of the above and I can make due with pdf files.

Can any one here point me to some good 5e Ravenloft publications besides Curse of Strahd?

Thanks in advance!
De Montour
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Re: Suggestions for 5e Ravenloft

Post by De Montour »

Over on Dungeon Master’s Guild there are some great pdfs of unofficial stuff for Ravenloft 5ed and there’s a Halloween sale on at present.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Bloodmoon
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Bloodmoon »

De Montour wrote:Over on Dungeon Master’s Guild there are some great pdfs of unofficial stuff for Ravenloft 5ed and there’s a Halloween sale on at present.
Thanks! I just took a look.

Is the David "Jester" Gibson Ravenloft stuff 5e? It looks to be just right, but the website doesn't describe what edition with which those two books (Children of the Night & Heroes of Light) work.
De Montour
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by De Montour »

i believe that both of those are 5thEd.

The Curse of Strahd DM’s Guide is excellent, as are the adventures Song of Aracos and Beast of Graenseskov. Macabre Escape is a good follow up to Death House for slightly higher levels in the same location.

The two Ravenloft Archetypes PDF’s are well worth investing in as well.
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Both my books Heroes of the Mists and Children of the Night are for 5e serving as replacements for the Ravenloft Player's Guide and Denizens of Darkness respectively.
HotM has some new archetypes, some new mechanics (dark shadows), power checks, madness, horror, and fear. And it's currently on sale for the next three or so days (as of this posting).

There's no campaign setting replacement, as you can get some of those on the DMs Guild for earlier editions. The details of nations doesn't change with editions. A couple of them are even available as Print on Demand products.