I added Tepest Land of the Fey to Mistpedia

Discussing all things Ravenloft
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

I added Tepest Land of the Fey to Mistpedia

Post by brilliantlight »

I added it with the Land of the Fey to distinguish it from canon Tepest if anyone gets around to it. It has the woods, villages and the barons ruling them and the Three Sisters which are listed as Land of the Fey before their names.

I realize von means of but I figured that they officially claim more than the village and don't officially recognize the fey's right to the land. Unofficially they admit they can't do anything about them.
Mistmaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: I added Tepest Land of the Fey to Mistpedia

Post by Mistmaster »

I added two links you forgot, one to Brigdarow, the other from Brigdarow to it's Baron.
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

Mistmaster wrote:I added two links you forgot, one to Brigdarow, the other from Brigdarow to it's Baron.
Thanks
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

I appreciate any edits to Mistipedia, and especially your attempt to clarify that this Tepest isn't the canon one. But that's exactly why we have the "netbook canon" label. I'd rather have these entries as sections in the relevant pages, marked with the netbook canon label. that way anyone looking for Tepest info can find them there.

Have you deliberately changed the spellings of Kellee->Kelee, Viktal->Vikita, and Briggdarrow->Brigdarow to distinguish them from the canon ones? because that's not necessary. Again, just add this info as a netbook canon section and reference the netbook article.

See http://fraternityofshadows.com/wiki/Meredoth for an example of how this can be done.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:I appreciate any edits to Mistipedia, and especially your attempt to clarify that this Tepest isn't the canon one. But that's exactly why we have the "netbook canon" label. I'd rather have these entries as sections in the relevant pages, marked with the netbook canon label. that way anyone looking for Tepest info can find them there.

Have you deliberately changed the spellings of Kellee->Kelee, Viktal->Vikita, and Briggdarrow->Brigdarow to distinguish them from the canon ones? because that's not necessary. Again, just add this info as a netbook canon section and reference the netbook article.

See http://fraternityofshadows.com/wiki/Meredoth for an example of how this can be done.
OK, I can do it that way. I will do a simple copy/paste. How do I delete Tepest The Land of the Fey now that I copied it over or does Joel or another mod have to do that? In any case I am sorry I screwed up.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

brilliantlight wrote:OK, I can do it that way. I will do a simple copy/paste. How do I delete Tepest The Land of the Fey now that I copied it over or does Joel or another mod have to do that? In any case I am sorry I screwed up.
No need to apologize. Anything on the wiki can be fixed. I'm the one would have to delete it. best practice is to simply edit the text of that page and replace it with
{{del}}
which will put into the "Candidate for Deletion" category, which I go through every now and then and delete stuff from.

Alternately, keep that page, and make it a description of the artctle itself, such as this one:
http://fraternityofshadows.com/wiki/Ustalav_Gazetteer

(Ideally, every article in the netbooks would have a page some day, but as you can see from all the red links here:
http://fraternityofshadows.com/wiki/Cat ... _the_Raven
we're quite far from it.

(if no one beats me to it, I'll be adding Qtr24 to that list soon.)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

OK, I think I got them all marked for deletion, the domain, the towns and the hags.