Alchemical Philosophy

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Alchemical Philosophy

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Let me start by saying that I love the concept, as first put forth in VRA, and its attendant PrC, the Alchemical Philosopher. I also greatly enjoy the additional formulas created by the fans, as put forth in the Guide to Doppelgangers, Quoth the Raven 24 and no doubt in other sources. :D

So let me ask: how would you guys adapt Alchemical Philosophy for Pathfinder? I know PF has the Alchemist class, which features the Promethean Disciple-discovery since Occult Adventures, and other little gems like Alchemical zombie, Alchemical simulacrum and Doppelganger simulacrum, so it's possible to get into something similar to Alchemical Philosophy from first level onward... but still.
What would you guys do? Just go Alchemist class or adapt the Philosophy? And if the latter, how would you do it?
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Alchemical Philosophy

Post by The Lesser Evil »

I think the simplest thing would be to make the various alchemical philosophy feats able to be selected as alchemist discoveries.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Yeah, I love the concepts of Alchemical Philosophy, and I like keeping them available as feats for characters that want to dabble. But the PF Alchemist is really well done, IMHO, and that's what I would use if I were committing fully to alchemy.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

I'm running an Android Alchemist/Rogue in the Curse of the crimson throne these days, and yes, it is great fun. :D

As far as I know, though, the Alchemist doesn't have anything like the coagulants or the purifiers.
I was just really happy when they came out with the Promethean Disciple-discovery. It even has a fun reference to Frankenstein in its name! :D
tomokaicho
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by tomokaicho »

Keep it the same, but give spell casting advancement as I lay out here.

http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/foru ... f=1&t=9950