Using inkarnate to make maps

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Guardiani
Conspirator
Conspirator

Using inkarnate to make maps

Post by Guardiani »

Forgive me if there is already a topic in that way.

I tried to make Mordent on Inkarnate using jester FOS Map.

Do you guys have a project of maps? Can I join?
Attachments
North Mordent1.jpg
North Mordent1.jpg (168.97 KiB) Viewed 4953 times
Joël of the FoS

Re: Using inkarnate to make maps

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Hello, that map is very nice!

No we do not have an ongoing map club, but we have an ongoing map fascination and ongoing map needs :)

We encourage you to post your work here. We will collect them and post them in the map alcove (portrait hall part of our site).

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Guardiani
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Guardiani »

Few Months later the Inkarnate received a new support of objects and textures....here it is based on Gazzeter analisys and the map from the second edition here it is Forlorn!
Attachments
Forlorn.jpg
Forlorn.jpg (209.95 KiB) Viewed 4792 times
Guardiani
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Guardiani »

I ask for support of the comunity marking what should be on the maps so i can make it or fix it...

Old Maps shows that the Lake of Red tears if feeded by a river in Gundarak/Barovia but i dont see it the Gazzeter anything Narrating that or denying it,please help.
Guardiani
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Guardiani »

Har'akir
Attachments
harakir1.jpg
harakir1.jpg (241.02 KiB) Viewed 4750 times
Guardiani
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Guardiani »

Is there a way that i can send to the forum the originals maps that i make?
Inkarnate makes me download maps in 2048x1536 and i have to resize and they lose quality,is there a way?
Attachments
Souragne1.jpg
Souragne1.jpg (192.56 KiB) Viewed 4734 times
Starscream
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Starscream »

wow! very good maps! Souragne is just what i need for my campaign, since the intro is setting there :D
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Guardiani wrote:Is there a way that i can send to the forum the originals maps that i make?
Inkarnate makes me download maps in 2048x1536 and i have to resize and they lose quality,is there a way?
Not sure. How are you doing it now? With the "attach file" box?

If you send me the originals by email, I can (eventually) post them in the Map Alcove
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Guardiani
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Guardiani »

Thanks you guys...

Inkarnate updates from time to time and i am waiting the next update to have more ruins or ruined desert temples or something so i can change the tomb of kings in Har'akir and also make an update in Souragne with more accurate shack and another visual details.

I ask all the help in making those maps,an hill and mountain or even a place out of place so i can fix it and make it more accurate.

And please do forgive my gramatical mistakes,english is not my native language.
Guardiani
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Guardiani »

How do i make a map or a domain become canon?

I am from Brazil and i do like the Nuova Aragona but i do not see an map so i would like to make it but since i do not know the more deeply details i would be compeled to add in geography so i do not want to affect the integrity of the creator.

Can someone guide me through This?
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

There's nothing we can do to make something canon; that's a thing purely for official Ravenloft products. Nueva Arragona is (by Mistipedia standards) netbook canon. If you wanted more information on it, there's some notices in the USS 2001 that more information is available upon request from the author (Nathan Okerlund). I would try to get in touch with him. If you're interested in Brazilian analogues, you may find Tsuu-Y-Teke of interest (in the Kargatane's Book of Shadows and USS 2002).

As for your maps, they are pretty awesome. I agree that the icons for Har'Akir seem a bit off in their size (The Shrine of Beis, Temple of Harvest, and the Tent seem a bit disproportionately large, though maybe that's just my eyes.) The Oasis of Apep, commented as being hidden deep in the deserts of Har'Akir, seems a bit close to the road, though this might be ameliorated if the icon was a bit smaller. Then again, the Ravenloft DMG does mention that the Oasis is a temptation to passing travelers, so perhaps it is not too far from the road.

On Forlorn, it is described as a region of uplands. on page 11 of Gaz I, the Gundar River is said to flow through the Gorge of Passing Sorrows, with Forlorn described as "upriver". On 63, shortly after Azalin's interjection to "S"' description, it says the Gundar River runs through the Gorge from the Forlorn side as well. If one looks at the map of Barovia on p. 12, the Gundar River does seem to flow to connect Barovia over the border to a lake, which although unlabeled on that map seems to be the Lake of Red Tears in Forlorn. In the map of Forlorn later on p. 65, that Lake seems to be the Lake of Red Tears.

Edit: I made a misreading earlier on the Gundar River/Lake of Red Tears issue and have corrected it. Sorry about that.
Guardiani
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Guardiani »

Finally Feedback!!!

Thanks!!!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Joël of the FoS wrote:Hello, that map is very nice!

No we do not have an ongoing map club, but we have an ongoing map fascination and ongoing map needs :)

We encourage you to post your work here. We will collect them and post them in the map alcove (portrait hall part of our site).

Joël
We totally need a cartographer's club in the FoS. We have too many skilled ones.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Five
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Five »

As great and awesome as these maps are (and the witnessed skill levels of those that I've seen posted elsewhere), I'd like to see an in-character version of alhoon's proposed cartographers club, with in-character maps (hand-drawn, or, CL/"real" world tech-based) for use as player handouts..

I don't have the skill though so I have no more than this suggestion to offer. ;)
"A very piteous thing it was to see such a quantity of dead bodies, and such an outpouring of blood - that is, if they had not been enemies of the Christian faith."

- Jean Pierre Sarrasin, "The Memoirs of the Lord of Joinville"
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I think in a QtR, I have provided some maps along with a background story to go with them about the mad artist. Can't remember the number though.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!