RL Smurfs

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: RL Smurfs

Post by Manofevil »

Watch all 9 seasons of the Smurfs here. https://www.watchcartoononline.io/anime/the-smurfs I watched a few and started thinking of this again. So I necromanced it.
Do us a favor Luv, Stick yer 'ead in a bucket a kick it!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
tomokaicho
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by tomokaicho »

The Smurfs work quite well for Ravenloft.

Let me think. The Smurfs are probably of any good alignment so individual Smurfs can be anywhere on the law or chaos axis, but are always good. They are fey creatures, but not shadowfey. Similar to the cartoon, essence of Smurf can be used to turn lead into gold or any other precious metal. There are more applications for essence of Smurf depending on the skill of the alchemist.
tomokaicho
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by tomokaicho »

You will need something for Smurf death. My suggestion is that Smurfs that die require a proper Smurf burial. Smurfs that are properly buried will one day (perhaps years, decades, or hundreds of years in the future) be reincarnated and delivered back to a Smurf village via a stork. This Smurf has no memory of his previous life, and may actually be very different from his previous incarnation.

Smurfs that are not given a Smurf burial (for example, they were used in an alchemical process or the body was abandoned) do not pass on to become reincarnated. Instead the Smurf is immediately reincarnated somewhere in Ravenloft as a Boogeyman. The Smurfs know that dead Smurfs that do not receive a Smurf burial become Boogeymen so Smurfs will take any measures necessary to make sure that dead Smurfs are located and given a Smurf burial.