View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:24 am



Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Quoth the Raven 13 
Author Message
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:43 am
Posts: 112
Post 
I received an email nearly a week ago saying that QtR 13 would be put out the next day if I provided an autobiographical blurb (which I did almost immeediately) but I don't see it anywhere on the site. I'm sorry to nag you guys, but any idea when it is going to be available to download? Or have I just missed it?

_________________
I have come to accept the surrender of Hell. —From 101 Witty Paladin Sayings


Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:31 am
Profile
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2003 1:24 pm
Posts: 5698
Location: Montréal, Québec
Post 
ScS of the Fraternity wrote:
It will be out on the 13th.

_________________
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)


Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:37 am
Profile
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:46 pm
Posts: 2409
Location: Toronto
Post 
Excellent points - we need to do a little explaining:

When the final article were in, I decided that a publication on the 13th would be best.
But....

Quote:
Catman Jim Posted:
Seems to me that there is a certain date next week potentially both ominous & sinister that would be a fine date for a new release...

So, there was now some pressure to speed up the release.
Thus, I sent out the emails to collect the final element, the credits blurbs.
This was a delicate balance - since that very night I would be leaving for a vacation. The onus was on the writers to send in their blurbs with enough time tfor me to get them and publish them with the book.

Sadly, Mistshadow, not all authros were as prompt.
Two or three people have yet to be heard from, and as a result, the book has not yet been published.

Look for the book around 7-8 tonight. baring computer problems.

_________________
Evil Reigns!!!!


Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:24 am
Profile WWW
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:43 am
Posts: 112
Post 
ScS of the Fraternity wrote:
Excellent points - we need to do a little explaining:

When the final article were in, I decided that a publication on the 13th would be best.
But....

Quote:
Catman Jim Posted:
Seems to me that there is a certain date next week potentially both ominous & sinister that would be a fine date for a new release...

So, there was now some pressure to speed up the release.
Thus, I sent out the emails to collect the final element, the credits blurbs.
This was a delicate balance - since that very night I would be leaving for a vacation. The onus was on the writers to send in their blurbs with enough time tfor me to get them and publish them with the book.

Sadly, Mistshadow, not all authros were as prompt.
Two or three people have yet to be heard from, and as a result, the book has not yet been published.

Look for the book around 7-8 tonight. baring computer problems.


Thanks. I'll be looking. Sorry to hear that there were problems. I was mostly wondering what had happened.

_________________
I have come to accept the surrender of Hell. —From 101 Witty Paladin Sayings


Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:09 pm
Profile
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:58 pm
Posts: 831
Location: Kansas City
Post 
ScS of the Fraternity wrote:
Quote:
Catman Jim Posted:
Seems to me that there is a certain date next week potentially both ominous & sinister that would be a fine date for a new release...

So, there was now some pressure to speed up the release..


My employees know that I prefer a quality job over meeting deadlines, even though I ask for both! For me, I know that I get what I pay for. :wink:

_________________
"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."


Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:19 pm
Profile
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:46 pm
Posts: 2409
Location: Toronto
Post 
In response to both;

This issue of QtR13 is really an exercise in learning to walk again. A good project should run like clockwork. There needs to be a clear schedule, with a series of measurable milestones in place. Unfortunately, this was not the case.
The Souragne Project threw our group out of the groove and this is one of the inevitable repercussions. We, or at least I, became too comfortable with a lazy schedule and lax rules.
My biggest regret on this project was that certain articles fell threw the cracks, and resurfaced only at the end, far too late. I rejected two or three articles, which I might have accepted, because there was no time to improve upon them.
There are other symptoms of the same sloppy disease. I am sure you have noticed that site updates have lagged behind as well.

Rest assured that plans are in the works to create a much more rigid schedule – as well as a series of rules regarding submissions. This may mean less articles but it will hopefully increase the quality in the future.

_________________
Evil Reigns!!!!


Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:26 pm
Profile WWW
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:31 pm
Posts: 578
Location: The Cleft of Dimensions
Post 
ScS of the Fraternity wrote:
Rest assured that plans are in the works to create a much more rigid schedule – as well as a series of rules regarding submissions. This may mean less articles but it will hopefully increase the quality in the future.

Does this mean you're having Dru wear her top hat, cape, and fake handlebar mustache?
If so, shall I go get my Shirley Temple wig and dress out again?

_________________
"Arrogant mortal! You are in my world now and you will never leave this attic alive! I will destroy you, and then I will possess she whom you love the most. And there is not a single thing in the world you can do to stop me!"
*poke*
"OW!"
-Dracula


Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:39 pm
Profile
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 10:46 pm
Posts: 2409
Location: Toronto
Post 
Would you, really? Socko would appreciate that ever so much.

_________________
Evil Reigns!!!!


Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:38 pm
Profile WWW
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:43 am
Posts: 112
Post 
It's here! It's in the Library! I just downloaded it!

[Ahem] I'm glad you guys were able to upload it so soon.

But... my name isn't Bert Larson. :shocked:

_________________
I have come to accept the surrender of Hell. —From 101 Witty Paladin Sayings


Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:58 pm
Profile
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
Posts: 5199
Location: San Francisco CA
Post 
mistshadow2k4 wrote:
It's here! It's in the Library! I just downloaded it!

[Ahem] I'm glad you guys were able to upload it so soon.

But... my name isn't Bert Larson. :shocked:


There is a simple and amusing explanation for this: I edited your article, and all documents on my computer are saved as if "Bert Larson" (the previous owner of my computer) were the author. Sorry 'bout that.

_________________
FEAR JUSTICE. :elena:


Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:12 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.