PLAYER'S GUIDE TO RAVENLOFT: written submissions closed!!!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Dion of the Fraternity
Lurker Maximus
Lurker Maximus

Post by Dion of the Fraternity »

Looks like a lot of ailments here :)

I've been out for five days (and will be out for two or three more) as I recover from my appendectomy. Meanwhile, I will also be writing the following entries:

Great Upheaval, The
Kalidnay
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

VAN wrote:I'm speaking at alhoon's behalf, unfortunately he has a problem at his eye and for a week he cannot read or type.
Please, send him my best wishes as well! But also remind him that I told sooo many times that it would hurt when he used his facial tentacles for eye-rubbing! :wink:
Dion of the Fraternity wrote: I've been out for five days (and will be out for two or three more) as I recover from my appendectomy.
Oh, man, that sucks! Hope you recover soon!
Eric the Light Bringer
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Eric the Light Bringer »

I have my Cult of the Morninglord admission almost complete, I should be able to submit it by Monday at the latest...

I also have another, larger admission that would be tied in to the Morninglord admission...a Morninglord secret society that I would like to admit later for the next QtR netbook
WolfKook
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by WolfKook »

Ok, I'm almost done with the Timeline... Just about to start with the Requiem and the Hour of Screaming Shadows... Nine days... Ok, I will have to speed up.

...It's interesting to see what may come when you tie in the false histories of several different realms and put them through a completely logical mind, trying to disregard supernatural events as legends and folklore...
"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom"
William Blake
Dion of the Fraternity
Lurker Maximus
Lurker Maximus

wolfkook: I'm also finished with my Requiem entry; perhaps we can combine whatever material you have with mine :)
TwiceBorn
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity
Location: Calgary, Canada... but currently in Gran March, Greyhawk

Post by TwiceBorn »

Bad news, folks. My contract renewal negotiations went sour in late January, so I've been unemployed as of January 29th. The good news is that I've had good luck snagging job interviews, and have a few big ones lined up for the coming weeks. This brings us to more bad news... some of these interviews require quite a bit of advance prep and studying, and I'm still writing/editing resumes and cover letters on the side...

Bottom line: I have to bail out on my entry for the Voodan... my deepest apologies for the inconvenience!
-- TwiceBorn
Le Noir Faineant

Good luck on the interviews, man!
TwiceBorn
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity
Location: Calgary, Canada... but currently in Gran March, Greyhawk

Post by TwiceBorn »

Rafael wrote:Good luck on the interviews, man!
Thanks, Raf!
-- TwiceBorn
tec-goblin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by tec-goblin »

Seems like a busy week for most of us! (it's good I submitted everything earlier)
My friends have prepared pact symbols for the mists, when I'll have for Gwydion too, I'll send them to Dion to complete my submission ;).
BEAUTIFUL IS!
CHAOS
too DIM MJLTIVERSE
IS TO NOTICE
MOST THE OF.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I CAN SEE! ! ! :shock:

Thank you all for your wishes.
Rafael wrote:that I told sooo many times that it would hurt when he used his facial tentacles for eye-rubbing! :wink:
That's quite like how I hurted my eye. I rubbed my eye not realizing that I had a contact lense on and it damaged it. Then it started getting infected, but I have fought it off.

ON TOPIC: I'm quite behind in many many things because I could not see. BTW I'm a bit sick too (I have my stomach and I would go to the doctor tomorrow) but that's not a very large problem.
Anyway I have a lot of things to catch up with; studies, work, etc.
There is no way I could do the Caliban article until tomorrow.

Is there a possibility that I would have a few extra days to try to catch up with my Caliban article? I'm not sure that I can do it in a week or so.

If not... :cry:
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Dion of the Fraternity
Lurker Maximus
Lurker Maximus

I'm extending all deadlines to February 20, 2007. :)

Me now also writing:

Vampires
Walking Dead (infused with Voodan)
Created
Le Noir Faineant

alhoon wrote: That's quite like how I hurted my eye. I rubbed my eye not realizing that I had a contact lense on and it damaged it. Then it started getting infected, but I have fought it off.
:
Ouch! :x Glad to hear you're well again! :)
tec-goblin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by tec-goblin »

Alhoon, you are such an xp-killer (this translates well in greek, he gets it ;)) Contact lenses? Ts ts ts... You could just cast a wish or create a spell for that. But no, you didn't want to spare the 5000xp... You mother, the Elder Brain, will be terribly disappointed :P.

Welcome back :D ![/i]
BEAUTIFUL IS!
CHAOS
too DIM MJLTIVERSE
IS TO NOTICE
MOST THE OF.
WolfKook
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by WolfKook »

I finished the Timeline, and WOW, that was a titanic job!!! I'm sending it now, and I hope it will be as enjoyable for reading as it was for writing it.

I believe Dion's entry on the Requiem can be separated from the timeline, as the later runs through all history without stopping in any one subject for too long (Besides, the all-too-logical, lamordian point of view makes some entries -as that on the Requiem -obscure at best). Dion's entry is, most probably, much deeper (And less biased) than mine, and surely contains the "What do you know" sidebar, which the Timeline does not (There were just too many subjects to cover, and most of them are totally unrelated).

I was thinking, perhaps the Timeline could contain a reference to other entries in the Guide, serving somehow as a historical index.
"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom"
William Blake
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

tec-goblin wrote:Alhoon, you are such an xp-killer (this translates well in greek, he gets it ;)) [/i]
With 5000 XP I can create a magic item that has a market price of 125000 gp...
One gold piece = 1/50th of the Lb in gold. So I could make an item worth 2500 lbs of gold or about 1150 kg of gold...

Would you do it? :wink:

On Topic: Thanks for the spare time! I hope I'll manage.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!