Not this time on Ebay

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Not this time on Ebay

Post by Catman Jim »

There has been discussion here in the past regarding an old Ral Partha miniature figure that was sold in the UK as "Azalin the Lich" but was sold in the Americas as "Suul the Lich". I've been looking for one on Ebay for some time to add to my collection, there was a posting today finally for the American version, but look what they are asking for it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :B:SS:US:1

Far more $ than I care to pay, I wonder if they will actually have any takers? Now I might actually have been tempted if it had been the UK version...
I only wish I had retired sooner!
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Ah, yes there we go. That was exactly the miniature that I bought for £4.99 through the mail from TSR UK.

It was indeed marked "Azalin the Lich" in the catalogue, which had no picture. I can't remember if the box said "Azalin" or "Suul" but I've never heard of the name "Suul" before discussing this with you guys so I assume not.

It appears that the forces of inflation have been at work 1000%
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Well, Ral Partha minis are collectibles today. Try getting a pit fiend for example or the dragons. But i think this is indeed an inflated starting price.

See this thread on the acaeum boards for a discussion of Ral Partha minis and their collectible value...
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Yup, I saw it too. :( sniff, sniff. Too expensive for me as well.

On the bright side, I finally got that last Dungeon mag recently as well as the Pirate Strahd and Father Van Richten minis, so I'm down to just this Suul/Az mini, the Lord Soth standing/mounted mini, Lord Soth's Charge, the RL pins and patch that Jim has, and the elusive dicepouch. Then I'm done, done I say! (Until the new books come out...)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Do you have the RL sweater? I knwo there have been sweaters for planescape but i'm not sure about RL.
Last edited by The Giamarga on Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

I don't think it exists. At least I haven't heard of it, and if Jim had, it would be in the "Museum of Oddities," I'd imagine.

If it does exist, though... I want it. :)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

I have a small leaflet from the 90s somewhere at home where you can mail-order them. There's definately a Planescape sweater on it. And small pendants with the Lady of Pain or the D&D emblem. I'll scan it for you if there's a RL sweater listed, but I'll not be at home for the next 5-8 weeks. You'll have to remind me then...
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

I had heard of those sweatshirts, t-shirts, and ballcaps being offered at various conventions back in the '90's, they printed up ones for all the TSR settings. I'm not much interested in obtaining those unless I could get one new & unused, it would seem that they would be quite worn out by now.
I only wish I had retired sooner!