MARKET PLACE: Ravenloft's interesting auctions and links

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Dimitri Mazieres
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

MARKET PLACE: Ravenloft's interesting auctions and links

Post by Dimitri Mazieres »

Hi!

I've been away from my beloved Ravenloft from quite a few years and missed on the oportunity of buying the Gazetteer series when they were readily available, and now I find that they're extremely hard to come by, specially vol. V, which I only found used at Amazon at the ridiculous price tag of $200! :shock:

I know that my best bet would be to purchase the pdf versions, but all of you know as well as I do that they're no match for an original printed book. ;)

So I'd like to ask for the help of my fellow prisoners of the Mists to find those elusive tomes of knowledge, mainly volume V (I've spotted vol. I-IV at reasonable prices at various sites).

Thanks in advance! :D

Edit: Following The Giamarga's suggestion, I edit the thread's subject to better reflect its current goal. ;)
Last edited by Dimitri Mazieres on Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[i]"Many point out that this battle against the darkness is an impossible one, and they may well be right. Impossible or not, however, the battle for righteousness is one that only a few heroes are brave enough to undertake"[/i]
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Hi and wb ;)

If you follow this link(I think I can post it since you have to purchase it it is not a free download). And it is not expensive either ;)

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php? ... d=762&it=1

Wow really good prices too for all 5 !!!!!!!!!!!!
Dimitri Mazieres
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

tarlyn wrote:Hi and wb ;)

If you follow this link(I think I can post it since you have to purchase it it is not a free download). And it is not expensive either ;)

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php? ... d=762&it=1

Wow really good prices too for all 5 !!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you very much for the help, Tarlyn! :)

Unfortunately, I'm afraid the site you linked only has the pdf versions available, and I'm trying to find the original printed supplements. :(

Thanks again for the help, and the welcome. :)
[i]"Many point out that this battle against the darkness is an impossible one, and they may well be right. Impossible or not, however, the battle for righteousness is one that only a few heroes are brave enough to undertake"[/i]
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

I know it's not perfect, but if you can't get a genuine paper copy, buy a PDF and print it.

Bring the PDF (and the proof you bought it, your receipt) at a printer store, and get it printed and bound (total cost 5-10$).

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Dimitri Mazieres
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Joël of the FoS wrote:I know it's not perfect, but if you can't get a genuine paper copy, buy a PDF and print it.

Bring the PDF (and the proof you bought it, your receipt) at a printer store, and get it printed and bound (total cost 5-10$).

Joël
I guess that if I don't have any luck in my quest, I'll have to resort to the pdfs (which have the added benefit that you don't have to fear damaging the pages ;)).

I'll try to keep on hunting for a while, though. As I've said, the most difficult to find is Volume V. The other four show up now and then.

Oh, and if anyone around here decides for whatever reason to get rid of theirs, please remember me. ;)

Thanks for the answer. :)
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

And to think that Gaz V was available for free in pdf form at Drivethru a while back...

Except for Gaz 5 and possibly 4, you should be able to pick them all up from ebay or used books stores relatively easily. Half.com has some gazetteers available: http://search.half.ebay.com/ravenloft-g ... 0QQmZbooks (You'll have to crosscheck the isbn at amazon to see which one is which.)

Amazon has Gaz 4 for $23.

I'd save an ebay autosearch for "(ravenloft, ravenloff) (gazeteer, gazetter,gazetteer) (four, iv, 4, five, v, 5)" and make sure to check the search description checkbox.

Also add it to your half.com wish-list:
http://product.half.ebay.com/_W0QQprZ30 ... 1207676928 (Gaz 5)
http://product.half.ebay.com/_W0QQprZ59 ... 1189858486 (Gaz 4)

Both searches will send you update emails when a gazetteer is found.

On bookfinder or similar booksearch sites use the isbn not the title to search.

Do you live in the US? I heard that Half-Price Books stores are a good option.
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

http://cgi.ebay.com/D-D-Ravenloft-Lot-W ... dZViewItem

(Gazeteer Volume I (not pictured), Gazetteer Volume III, Gazetteer Volume IV, Legacy of the Blood, and Champions of Darkness.)

24.99$ bid, 17 hours to go...
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

I saw that one too GIamarga ;)
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Joël of the FoS wrote:I know it's not perfect, but if you can't get a genuine paper copy, buy a PDF and print it.

Joël
I hear lulu.com is quite good for that.
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-of-5-Ravenloft- ... dZViewItem

5 Ravenloft Books: Core Rule Book, (Ravenloft) Dugeon Masters Guide, Gazeteer Volumes 2 &3, Van Richten's Guide to the Walking Dead

$9 bid, 4 days to go.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

It wont sell for that trust me LOL
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Don't give up hope. I managed to get my copy of GazV for about $20-$25 nearly a year ago, on eBay.

However, I second the suggestion of people on this board. Buy the pdf, get it printed and bound at your local printer's store.

It's cheaper than buying the real thing and just as effective.
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

I also just managed to pick up a new Gaz 5 on the german ebay. (See here).

Since I already got a Gaz 5 I'd be willing to sell this if you cover the original price (EUR 17.45) plus postage costs. If you're interested send me a pm or email and we can work things out.
Dimitri Mazieres
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Thank you very much for all the help, specially The Giamarga for his generous offer and net links! :D

I'm going to try to get that lot at ebay. Wish me luck! :D
Dimitri Mazieres
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Well, thanks to The Giamarga, it seems that I'll soon be getting my hands on Gaz I, III and IV! :D Thank you, very much for those links!

I had to get Champions of Darkness as part of the lot, but as you know, there's no such thing as a perfect deal, but there's Legacy of the Blood to offset that!. :P ;)

Now, on to Gaz II & V! :D