Unsolved Mysteries: Ravenloft

Discussing all things Ravenloft
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Unsolved Mysteries: Ravenloft

Post by The Lesser Evil »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:
The Lesser Evil wrote:I think, at least according to the Mistipedia, it's questionably canon. If the OP wants that left out as it will interfere with whatever project's being worked on (if any), I'll won't mention stuff like that again.
The author said that putting Salizzar in VRGttM was an oversight and would likely have been corrected in the final book had it been published. Take that as you will.
Oh, whoops, didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know.
Ryan Naylor
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ryan Naylor »

Also, since I was the one who put him in Gaz II, I am predisposed against him being anywhere else :)
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

My apologies. If there's any other goofs I make in throwing stuff out please let me know.
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

(Children of the Night: Ghosts, p. 50-51) Who really was "Rafe", conman and killer of the entire Joson family, and what has been his fate since disposing of them and making off with their possessions?
Resonant Curse
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Resonant Curse »

What happened to the darklord and mini domain in the Burning Peaks cluster from the Second Chance RPGA adventure when Vecna broke out of Ravenloft?

What happened to Tovag afterward, as Kas became a Vestige?

Is Cavitius still around with a new darklord, or was it destroyed?
Dark Angel
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dark Angel »

Resonant Curse wrote:What happened to Tovag afterward, as Kas became a Vestige?

Is Cavitius still around with a new darklord, or was it destroyed?
Well, my campaign took a different turn than what is considered canon, but I am fairly sure with Vecna gone and Kas 'neutralized' the whole Burning Peaks cluster dissolved into nothingness. I did a little different with Kas hunting for the Sword of Kas, Vecna taking him out of the equation by transforming him into Kas the Sword.
"One does not stop playing when they get old, they grow old when they stop playing" George Bernard Shaw
"If you could be either God’s worst enemy or nothing, which would you choose?" Chuck Palahniuk
Dion of the Fraternity
Lurker Maximus
Lurker Maximus

Post by Dion of the Fraternity »

Resonant Curse wrote:What happened to the darklord and mini domain in the Burning Peaks cluster from the Second Chance RPGA adventure when Vecna broke out of Ravenloft?
Kas was eventually pulled back and made the darklord of Monadhan (Dungeon Magazine #170).
Resonant Curse
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Resonant Curse »

Was that releasd before or after the Dragon that made him a vestige? That's a bit of a weird contradiction given bkth were from paizo.
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Resonant Curse wrote:Was that releasd before or after the Dragon that made him a vestige? That's a bit of a weird contradiction given bkth were from paizo.
Mondahan was released in a 4e dragon article (when it went full electronic only with D&D Insider subscription.)

But according to the domain descripton here in the Mistipedia: http://fraternityofshadows.com/wiki/Dom ... r%27s_Hold some guy named Arantor is the darklord. Maybe Kas was a former darklord hanging around in there, like Gundar was wandering the core after he got revived (but was no longer a darklord)?
Dion of the Fraternity
Lurker Maximus
Lurker Maximus

Post by Dion of the Fraternity »

Whoops, made an error. Yep the dragon IS the darklord, and Kas is just tagging along for the ride.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Wait, what? Gundar was revived?!? :shock:
There's a bloodthirsty chaotic misogynistic chaotic-Drakov eminent vampire wandering around the Core? Is that canonical?
And whether the case, if Gundar is around killing women for the lulz, he will end with a new domain soon enough!
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Dark Angel
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dark Angel »

alhoon wrote:Wait, what? Gundar was revived?!? :shock:
There's a bloodthirsty chaotic misogynistic chaotic-Drakov eminent vampire wandering around the Core? Is that canonical?
And whether the case, if Gundar is around killing women for the lulz, he will end with a new domain soon enough!
Assuming your surprise and your "What the hell was that?" is genuine, yeah Gundar was 'revived' in the miniadventure in CoN: Werebeasts adventure Professor Arcanus. I ran one of my higher level players solo through it and he has sworn a blood feud to put his butt back into the dirt. Good times and wacky fun.
"One does not stop playing when they get old, they grow old when they stop playing" George Bernard Shaw
"If you could be either God’s worst enemy or nothing, which would you choose?" Chuck Palahniuk
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

But... why would someone revive Gundar? He would wake up thirsty and angry (and that means red-hot fury when we talk about the madman).
Only a nihilist that wants nothing except causing pain and misery would plan that. Let alone do that.

Also, Gundar is ... how old nowdays? 50? 55? He was aging 1 year per 10, right?

Did he wake up his "usual" self? That is a mad, raving, lustful, gluttonous vampire that would leave piles of bodies in his wake? Or he's hiding and careful to NOT get locked back in a domain? Or Gundar never figured what causes darklordship?

Does he still age?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Dark Angel
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dark Angel »

alhoon wrote:But... why would someone revive Gundar? He would wake up thirsty and angry (and that means red-hot fury when we talk about the madman).
Only a nihilist that wants nothing except causing pain and misery would plan that. Let alone do that.

Also, Gundar is ... how old nowdays? 50? 55? He was aging 1 year per 10, right?

Did he wake up his "usual" self? That is a mad, raving, lustful, gluttonous vampire that would leave piles of bodies in his wake? Or he's hiding and careful to NOT get locked back in a domain? Or Gundar never figured what causes darklordship?

Does he still age?
VIEW CONTENT:
From what I recall, he was a 'found' object in Arcanus's sideshow that gets the stake pulled away from his skeletal ass's heart and then revives in a weakened state with the blood lust you describe. I believe it is in the Book of Secrets with the 'resurgence' of the Duke and his exploits around the Core.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Yeah, I found that after I started looking around the net for that.
My DMGuild work!