Die Vecna Die and possible Dark Sun connection?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Resonant Curse
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Die Vecna Die and possible Dark Sun connection?

Post by Resonant Curse »

I was thinking about it, and we know that Tovag Baragu has portals leading not only to other worlds (Die Vecna Die), but also other times (Vecna Lives!). In Die Vecna Die, there is a water world populated by halflings, is it possible that this was Athas during the Blue Age? Anyone else ever make a possible connection with this or thought about it?
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Die Vecna Die and possible Dark Sun connection?

Post by The Giamarga »

Which page ? I imagine this is an obscure nod to the setting.
Resonant Curse
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Resonant Curse »

My book is in storage, but it was I believe it was one of the options off of the version with the watch tower in the center. The halfling floating villages were being attacked by ogres from Iuz's army. It was pretty early in the book.
Dark Angel
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dark Angel »

Resonant Curse wrote:My book is in storage, but it was I believe it was one of the options off of the version with the watch tower in the center. The halfling floating villages were being attacked by ogres from Iuz's army. It was pretty early in the book.
I want to say it was in Adytum (Oerth section, just before getting into the Demiplane) on like page 15-16 (I believe).
"One does not stop playing when they get old, they grow old when they stop playing" George Bernard Shaw
"If you could be either God’s worst enemy or nothing, which would you choose?" Chuck Palahniuk
Resonant Curse
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Resonant Curse »

Dark Angel wrote:
Resonant Curse wrote:My book is in storage, but it was I believe it was one of the options off of the version with the watch tower in the center. The halfling floating villages were being attacked by ogres from Iuz's army. It was pretty early in the book.
I want to say it was in Adytum (Oerth section, just before getting into the Demiplane) on like page 15-16 (I believe).

Somewhere around that early, but it's in Tovag Baragu (the portal network) before you reach the Adytum. 3rd set of options in I think?
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

P. 9 Tovag Baragu portals sidebar describes them as parallel versions of Tovag Baragu, which I assume would be parallel versions of Oerth. So it's either just an Easter Egg or (more likely) coincidence.