[Savage Worlds] Ravenloft

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Skyrock
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Re: [Savage Worlds] Ravenloft

Post by Skyrock »

FYI I am tooling up a one-shot of SW Ravenloft, utilizing the classic Night of the Walking Dead that should especially profit off SW with its hordes of zombies and the allied extras like the constable and the priest that usually fall by the wayside in the more management-intensive D&D.

On thing that I have noticed after re-reading is that you use the sinkholes of evil 1:1 as they appear in Deadlands, but without DL:R's Grit by rank off-setting it. Is that an oversight or on purpose? To me ist seems very brutal even for a horror game.
Nun gut, es sei dir überlassen!
Zieh diesen Geist von seinem Urquell ab
Und führ ihn, kannst du ihn erfassen
Auf deinem Wege mit herab.
- Faust I
hidajiremi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by hidajiremi »

Skyrock wrote: On thing that I have noticed after re-reading is that you use the sinkholes of evil 1:1 as they appear in Deadlands, but without DL:R's Grit by rank off-setting it. Is that an oversight or on purpose? To me ist seems very brutal even for a horror game.
Somehow in the rounds of editing, the bonus to Fear checks based on Rank got left out of the finished game, which is a little embarrassing. Consider that an official errata. :oops:
"Children are innocent and love justice, while most adults are wicked and prefer mercy." G.K. Chesterton
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

In case you missed the news: Jeremy's The Black Vault, The Power of the Tarot, and The Amber Wastes Cluster are now up in the Library!

...many apologies for the delay. (I've been sitting on these for about 9 months and hadn't had time to put them up. But serendipitously, I got them up exactly 1 year after the initial document.)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Shadowdragon
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Shadowdragon »

Sorry for the thread necro, but it's been nearly a year since the three expansion books went up on the site and I'm really interested in knowing if there's been any progress made on the other books? I've been a fan of Ravenloft for a very long time. I always thought it was a bad match for D&D, but it's perfect for Savage Worlds. I think this conversion of Ravenloft is mind-blowing fantastic. I was really hoping to see the Souragne write up (I may be running a Savaged version of the Night of the Living Dead adventure soon), and I'm really curious as to what the ultimate fates of domains like Tepest, Forlorn, and Markovia ended up being.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Haven't heard anything from Jeremy in a while on these. Try sending him a PM, maybe?
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
De Montour
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by De Montour »

I was especially keen to see how the Frozen Reaches turned out.
stormwell
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by stormwell »

Apologies for the grave dig, though wondering if any sign or trace has been seen in recent times of the author of the Savage (Worlds) tome?

I ask for two reasons;

1. There is a new edition of Savage Worlds.

2. I'm a licencee for the Savage Worlds and have published my own setting (Frozen Skies for those interested) and have a beta copy of the new rules and I'd be very much interested in helping to update the SW version of Ravenloft to the new rules.
hidajiremi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by hidajiremi »

Hey, everyone! Sorry about the long silence, but I kind of got wrapped up in my new job last summer and time got away from me. I'm at a different job now, so I have more free time to work on stuff!

I'm a Savage Worlds licensee myself, so I've gotten Adventure Edition early and been working on the new edition of Ravenloft Reincarnated. Literally the day SWADE drops for the public, RR:SWADE will be ready for release. I've also updated the Amber Wastes supplement, and am currently working on revising the unreleased Frozen Reaches supplement. Hopefully it will be to everyone's liking!
"Children are innocent and love justice, while most adults are wicked and prefer mercy." G.K. Chesterton
hidajiremi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by hidajiremi »

Savage Worlds Adventure Edition just went out to Kickstarter backers, and we Aces are now released from our NDA! More than that, I have a three-day weekend coming up! The seals have opened! Expect Ravenloft Reincarnated: Adventure Edition within the week! Exclamation points!!!
Fenris
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Fenris »

Can't wait to see this ;)
hidajiremi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by hidajiremi »

Fenris wrote:Can't wait to see this ;)
Well, since SWADE is out (in pdf) to the public now, I've gone ahead and asked the Fraternity to pull the trigger on making the revised edition of Ravenloft Reincarnated available to the public. Hopefully, you'll be seeing it soon!
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

It is now online! See the link in the announcement thread!

Very cool PDF, Jeremy!
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Skyrock
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Skyrock »

I still need to read cover-to-cover through SWADE and have mixed feelings about the changes so far, but in any case it is good that the conversion stays ahead of the curve for those using the newest edition.
Nun gut, es sei dir überlassen!
Zieh diesen Geist von seinem Urquell ab
Und führ ihn, kannst du ihn erfassen
Auf deinem Wege mit herab.
- Faust I
Fenris
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Fenris »

Joël of the FoS wrote:It is now online! See the link in the announcement thread!
or not? i'm afraid the pdf wasn't updated, ansd there was no annoucement either :D
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Fenris wrote:
Joël of the FoS wrote:It is now online! See the link in the announcement thread!
or not? i'm afraid the pdf wasn't updated, ansd there was no annoucement either :D
Please see the first post on this board :)

Or : http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/foru ... =1&t=10341
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)