Crosswords for Ravenloft

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Deewun
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Crosswords for Ravenloft

Post by Deewun »

In a new campaign, just started, one of the PCs bought for her character a crossword book merely to irk another player. It was wonderful when he found out, as he had complained that you could buy one at all. Now it has become a fun little in-joke. And something to do with my time. So I created the first of the crosswords in her little book, and thought I'd share.

Original: Lands of the Core
Fixed link: Lands of the Core
REALLY Fixed link: Lands of the Core

Now, it is my own campaign canon Core, so there are a few additional domains, a few ignored, and some altered. It should still be solvable by any of you if you wanna take the time for the fun of it, though I will go ahead and note that Richemulot no longer exists in my campaign, and has been replaced with the domain of Ricoba.

As I make more, I'll probably go ahead and share them. Because why not?
Last edited by Deewun on Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Crosswords for Ravenloft

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Very cute! I got all except 3 of them, and only one of those 3 is in the official core, so I say that's pretty good.

(Also, one of them you spell differently than I think is canon, so it threw me. I knew I had the right answer but couldn't make it fit. Mistipedia agrees with me, but I haven't checked the books to confirm...)

:)
VIEW CONTENT:
Nebligtode
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Very nice! I like your approach. May I suggest you offer the crosswords to the site so the FoS can put them somewhere?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Deewun
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Deewun »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:
(Also, one of them you spell differently than I think is canon, so it threw me. I knew I had the right answer but couldn't make it fit. Mistipedia agrees with me, but I haven't checked the books to confirm...)
Well shoot! I thought I got all of them correct. Of course I would spell the hardest to spell flippin' country wrong. I'm going to fix it and put up a new one.
alhoon wrote:Very nice! I like your approach. May I suggest you offer the crosswords to the site so the FoS can put them somewhere?
Thank you very much. And absolutely it can be put up somewhere for people to use for their own games! That's why I shared. :)

I've made another, this one for Languages of the Mists, though I suspect there may be too much personal canon and decisions from previous campaigns to this one for public use, but hey, I'll gladly share it. And heck, I'll share the Languages editorial written for the players if folks are interested.

Languages of the Mists
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Back from vacation. Very cool, Deewun!

I'll gave them a try in a few days.

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Mistmaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mistmaster »

Onli doubt, shouldn't it be Zherisia, and not Zheresia?
Deewun
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Deewun »

Joël of the FoS wrote:Back from vacation. Very cool, Deewun!

I'll gave them a try in a few days.

Joël
Huzzah, that's great! Happy sharing!
Mistmaster wrote:Onli doubt, shouldn't it be Zherisia, and not Zheresia?
Dang it, good catch. I'll fix it soon. Need a lot of eyes on my stupid spellings, it seems.
Deewun
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Deewun »

Ok, hopefully NOW Lands of the Core is completely fixed. Check it. I'll update the top one, too.

The one I'm working on now is weapons. Huzzah!
Edward
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Edward »

Hi, I am just searching it. Is this Cafe in Australia?
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Edward wrote:Hi, I am just searching it. Is this Cafe in Australia?
Hi Edward, either you're very lost, or a spammer. :) In case it's the former, this is not a real cafe, it's a forum for discussing the Ravenloft horror RPG setting.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."