Edgar A. Poe MotRD netbook

Coordinating community projects

Would you like such a book to be made, but feel that you have no time/skill :) to work on the project?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 22

Boccaccio Barbarossa
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Boccaccio Barbarossa »

Desdichado wrote:I fear so...

Not only was the group silent for half a year, most of us who really wanted to be involved in a RL project moved on to other efforts... (Like the NPC netbok we are building, for example.) :(

However, if you want to do your own take on this, please feel welcome to do so! :)
That's very unfortunate. And I'm just a litle TOO busy with school right now to want to actually run the show on a project like this... well, maybe some other time...
Barbarossa Vineyards - Fine Brandies. The choice of true connaisseurs. (Located an hour's ride outside of Karina.)

A loose collection of writings about our (sometimes) ongoing campaign. http://ravenloft.inoveryourhead.net/
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

:twisted: If you focused on being butchered by my Staunton Bluff monstrosities, that would be pretty much enough for me. :wink: About the E A Poe book, one will see if one cannot submit something to the next QtRs. :)
Boccaccio Barbarossa
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Boccaccio Barbarossa »

Desdichado wrote::twisted: If you focused on being butchered by my Staunton Bluff monstrosities, that would be pretty much enough for me. :wink: About the E A Poe book, one will see if one cannot submit something to the next QtRs. :)
One will see indeed! (in fact, there are DOZENS of great writers from the period I am already accumulating notes on...)

(Am presently reading about your game... I think I can find the time to whack things... but isn't there always time to whack things? :twisted: )
Barbarossa Vineyards - Fine Brandies. The choice of true connaisseurs. (Located an hour's ride outside of Karina.)

A loose collection of writings about our (sometimes) ongoing campaign. http://ravenloft.inoveryourhead.net/
Dupin
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Dupin »

Hi Rafael! Well, it's been a long time since the last reply so I hope you're still on this; I really like Poe (I guess my name speaks for itself), and I'd like to see what could be done.
Basically I'm telling you that if you want I may help you, and I refer with "may" because my skills are (I guess) not as good to do such work; I hope I can :)
"I have never felt such frustration ; Or lack of self control ; I want you to kill me ; And dig me under, I wanna live no more"
Le Noir Faineant

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

:) Thank you for your help, but this project was suspended a long time already. What became of it is a semi-finished artile for one of the Fraternity's netbooks that I want to finish over this summer. Apart from that, there's not really something to do. :)
Dupin
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Dupin »

Well, I hope the article is good :D , it will be read, and I hope that when you summer it's by June (my summer has passed, I'm from the other pole, and winter is, fortunately coming, I hate heat :P I makes me sweat like if I were ni hell)

By the way, I'm writting a tale for the contest, I let you know as you like Poe, you can trust my writting type is very like his, which I'm starting to consider as a disadvantage, I have alwas written that way,

:x

Well, wish you luck and see you in some of your 181293082910 millon posts haha
"I have never felt such frustration ; Or lack of self control ; I want you to kill me ; And dig me under, I wanna live no more"
artemis wands
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by artemis wands »

I'd love to see something like this. My only complaint with the original MotRD was that I thought it should have been to Poe's "mythos" what the Call Of Cthulhu RPG had been to Lovecraft's. Of course, that would be no reason to leave out the other fine Victorian beasties, but given the name of the setting and the cosmic evil therein, it just seemed like a logical design theme. I had an idea about building a campaign around this theme, but I could never get together a group interested in playing Masque.

In case no one noticed, the ending of Poe's The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym screams campaign hook. IRL, Jules Verne wrote a sequel to the Pym story. Perhaps he could retain the PCs to do a bit of "research" for him. Or maybe a descendent of Mr. Pym needs some help organizing an expedition to discover her dear uncle's final fate...