RLR: Domains looking for a Darklord 3: Tepest

Coordinating community projects

Who should be the darklord of Reanimated Tepest?

The three sisters, unchanged.
18%
The three hags, modified to increase their appeal.
55%
Another (existing) character (Please elaborate further)
9%
Create a new darklord to fit the domain
18%

Total votes: 11

Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

As long as we're talking about this--I replaced the Shadow Rift by the Feywood, moved the Hags into the southern part, moved the Forest of Shadows (with Shadowborn Manor, Addar's domain, and Morgoroth's domain) into the northern part, and stuck Elena in what is now Tepest. I also moved Forlorn north of Barovia to put all the Celtic-Belenite domains in a contiguous space.

If you go to the wrong place in the Feywood, or are there at the wrong time, or catch the attention of the wrong person, you end up in Tir-na-Nog (equivalent to the present Shadow Rift). This is not a good thing.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
WolfKook
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by WolfKook »

Hehehehehehe... This is when I start making publicity for Fairhaven :wink:

I'm really interested in Tir-Na-Nog, also. Do you have any additional info on it, Nathan?

BTW, as domains are selected, I'm creating a matrix to portray associations between them (Associations between darklords, cultural, climate/terrain, backstory, etc.). At the end, the idea is to get which domains are to be close together and which of them will be far from each other. Also, these associations will end up grouping domains into clusters, islands, core, etc.
"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom"
William Blake
Irving the Meek
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Irving the Meek »

[whine] See now, why can't I get tasty domains Fairhaven to evaluate, instead of two villages, a road, and a crabby jackalwere?[/whine] :P

Yes, I could see Fairhaven in the Core. I still want a domain that's The Woods, though - the Woods that Hansel and Gretel and Red Riding hood and the poor girl sent to get a light from Baba Yaga wandered off into. Fairhaven's on its borders, but it's not quite it. Tepest is closer to it.

Maybe Tir Na Og what I'm looking for, though. Details?
WolfKook
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by WolfKook »

Irving the Meek wrote:[whine]See now, why can't I get tasty domains Fairhaven to evaluate, instead of two villages, a road, and a crabby jackalwere?[/whine] :P
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Later, my dear Irving. The first evaluation form includes only "generic european domains". The second one -which includes tastier domains like Fairhafen and Monte Mal -includes those which are a little more specific.

The idea was to start with domains which could be easily added to the Core, and progressively expand on domains that would need more work to be added to it.
"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom"
William Blake
Gnarfflinger
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Gnarfflinger »

From reading the thread, I see the Hags as Iconic of Horror, but the backstory does not have the detail that a proper darklord needs. Where is the act of Perdition? That horrific act in the past that has condemned them to their fate? That needs to be looked into.

I like the three archetypes for the hags works, along with the "three witches from MacBeth" the idea has potential.

Perhaps looking at what they did that made them stand out to the powers, and what they want to do (and what their curse is) would yield a workable trio of Darklords...
Brussel Sprouts aren't food, they're ammunition!