RLR: Domains looking for a Darklord 4: Dementlieu

Coordinating community projects

Who should be the darklord of Reanimated Dementlieu?

Dominic D'Honaire, as it has always been.
83%
Rudolph Von Aubrecker, the Living Brain.
8%
Another (existing) dementlieuse character (Please elaborate)
No votes
Dementlieu deserves a new, better darklord
8%

Total votes: 12

WolfKook
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

RLR: Domains looking for a Darklord 4: Dementlieu

Post by WolfKook »

Well, again, Dementlieu is a domain with an established darklord, and one who got enough votes in the original poll to ensure inclusion.

So, why vote for a Darklord for Dementlieu?

The reason is simple: There's a strong pretender to the seat of darklord; one who some people have suggested deserves it even more than his more established counterpart.

And he is only known as the Brain.

Again, there's the possibility that someone else could get the post; and again, you decide!

What do you think?
"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom"
William Blake
Irving the Meek
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Irving the Meek »

Narf!

(I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself).
Guzrath
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Guzrath »

I don't see anything wrong with Dominic as Darklord. Well written IMO and fits perfectly. The Brain is a good "enemy", but in no way good enough to be Lord of Dementlieu. Just doesn't fit.
Tresspassers will be shot......
Survivors will be shot again.
Irving the Meek
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Irving the Meek »

Agreed. Mind you, his stats have always been less than a thing of beauty, but that argument applies to most of the "human" Darklords (like the Boritsis). I'm in favor of converting Dominic and the Boritsis to sorcerers/aristocrats, instead of "plain" aristocrats, 3.5 terms. In 4e, well, it's irrelevant (and thank goodness).
Paladyn
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Paladyn »

My vote goes for Dominic. I always considered him one of best darklords, as he's cunning, doesn't look as DL in first glance and is a gold mine of adventure ideas.

As a side note... I like the Brain too and played with an idea of linking it somehow with Illithid God-Brain. It could be interesting power struggle between those three. Now, reading poll above, I saw something, what does not exists: a doctor Dominiani name. Well it could be interesting, putting him and his hospital in a mix? What do you think?
I love shorcuts!:
"IMHO a SH HH should be a better RL DL"
- Kargatane mailing list member
------
My campaign's journal: [url]http://forgotten-epic.blogspot.com[/url]
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

I vote for Dominic too, not least because the Brain doesn't really have the background for it. It's not as if Aubrecker Jr. had asked to have his body crushed in a tragic accident and his cerebrum kept on life-support by a mad scientist.

I do think it'd be a good idea to retrofit Dominic's powers a bit, so that his influence is neither too pervasive, nor a direct knock-off of Enchantment or psionic effects. Making Dominic more of a Caligari-style evil hypnotist (swinging watch, "You-Will-Not-Remember-Our-Conversation" dialogues, and all) instead of a spell-user would be more flavorful.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Guzrath
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Guzrath »

Euhm, that Grenouille fella from "Perfume" pops into mind when you talk about adjusting his power influence.......

Just as inspiration, not for literal use ofc :D
Tresspassers will be shot......
Survivors will be shot again.