RLR: Domains looking for a Darklord 5: Paridon

Coordinating community projects

Who should be the darklord of Reanimated Paridon?

Keep Sodo as is, with no change
20%
Keep Sodo with a serious retcon to increase his appeal
45%
Use another (existing) paridonian character (Please elaborate further)
10%
Create a new darklord to fit the domain
25%

Total votes: 20

WolfKook
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

RLR: Domains looking for a Darklord 5: Paridon

Post by WolfKook »

The voting is over, and it would seem that Dominic D'Honaire will keep his seat as darklord of Dementlieu. Now, we go on to another domain whose Darklord did not receive enough voting to guarantee inclusion: Paridon.

Perhaps one of the most advanced domains, Paridon has always been infested by a horde of dopplegangers led by Sodo, flickerflame, known by his inability to keep a single appearance for long.

In the original, poll, however, the darklord did not receive enough voting. ¿Does this indicate that he should change to become more interesting for the domain he lives in? If so, ¿Which changes? ¿Or should he decline his seat as darklord? If so, ¿Who should replace him? ¿An existing character? ¿A new one?
"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom"
William Blake
Irving the Meek
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Irving the Meek »

We all *know* who the real Darklord of Paridon is supposed to be - Jack the Ripper. Sodo is a terrible stand in for him.
WolfKook
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by WolfKook »

Someone suggested fusing Zherisia with Nova Vaasa, and making Malken the darklord. Does that sound plausible?
William Blake
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

I would put Zherisia on the Dementlieu/Mordent border, myself, because the cultural connection is better.

Making Malken the darklord is kinda an interesting idea, because he's definitely more Jack-the-Ripperish than Sodo is (despite the triskadekennial slaying sprees), but I am against it for two reasons:

One, I think one of the important elements of Nova Vaasa is the cultural divide between the cities (Malken) and the countryside (Hiregaard). If we give Malken a purely urban environment, what do we do with Tristen?

Two, Zherisia=doppelgangers. And Malken is not a doppelganger. :P ;)
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

I've voted for another: Roja, the Invisible Man, from the Zherisian Gazetteer. I have never been able to relate to Sodo.

I say give Roja the Nosferatu dagger; perhaps it grants him the means to be seen (perhaps only at set times). He must become the Invisible Man during the time of the rite until it's successfully performed. I kinda like the idea that a man who fears losing himself depends on his reputation as being invisible to make him forever famous and immortal.

PS I had Zherisia appear as an island where Markovia is now located, close to Lamordia and Dementlieu.
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
WolfKook
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by WolfKook »

Pamela wrote:I've voted for another: Roja, the Invisible Man, from the Zherisian Gazetteer. I have never been able to relate to Sodo.

I say give Roja the Nosferatu dagger; perhaps it grants him the means to be seen (perhaps only at set times). He must become the Invisible Man during the time of the rite until it's successfully performed. I kinda like the idea that a man who fears losing himself depends on his reputation as being invisible to make him forever famous and immortal.

PS I had Zherisia appear as an island where Markovia is now located, close to Lamordia and Dementlieu.
I like the idea. Sodo has never been my cup of tea, either...
William Blake
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Thank you. :)

I'm sure someone could come up with a better way of making a curse that fits him. The Fang wouldn't even have to stick around after Sodo's death (for something that's supposed to change hands often in its history, it's been in the same ones - and same place - for a very long time now).
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Nathan of the FoS wrote: Two, Zherisia=doppelgangers. And Malken is not a doppelganger. :P ;)
He could become one without too much effort, though. After all, he's a man who hides in plain sight as another man.

That would kind of be a weird twist on the "ancestral curse" thing...
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
WolfKook
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by WolfKook »

Isabella wrote:
Nathan of the FoS wrote: Two, Zherisia=doppelgangers. And Malken is not a doppelganger. :P ;)
He could become one without too much effort, though. After all, he's a man who hides in plain sight as another man.

That would kind of be a weird twist on the "ancestral curse" thing...
...And a look back on the doppelganger from folklore, as opposed to the doppelganger from D&D.
William Blake