The Fair Folk - The Project

Coordinating community projects
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

EO, sounds like a plan. The combat notes are somewhat vestigial now that they've stats, and what's left will be getting subsumed into the individual tactics. DM notes sounds like a good plan as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, got a link from a friend of mine who's been following the project. http://www.finderskeepers.gcgstudios.co ... ap=2&cid=2

Just something that has a certain similarity to the Market. Friend suggests that a Dread Golem buying itself a soul at the Market is an intriguing idea.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

Post by A G Thing »

Just saying I am still working on the project... I nearly have the Linnorm picture colored and finished... I have a first draft of Lucas Silver and two seperate drafts of The Minister of Fear, but with the MoF I am wondering about details of his collar... Is it like a priests or is it like the movie poster because I am waiting on this detail to continue... I am still working heavily on drafts of both the False Knight and King Hobs Humanish form, while his more serious Goblinoid form is nearing final draft version on standing legs... I am also working to modify the less serious Image into a DM resource picture and was wondering if any text or other things should be added and if you have any further comments on it...

I also have more bit attempts at the others in the Market as they are listed in the original post... I will let you be aware if I have made further progress in such...

Well that is all for now... If the pics are required by anyone for formating issues I will attempt to send them just email me... My email has been a little flaky and I can no longer Zip the files but I will attempt to send them un compressed...

Still working hard
A G Thing
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

I'm not worried about the images till they and all the text is done. I just wanted A image to do a mock-up with. Anyway it all needs to go via NT anyway.

But your work sounds awesome so far!

Quick question I know this is a netbook but the higher res the images the better, I know KK does his in vector so its not an issue, but if you are scannign artwork can you do it as high res as you can? It just gives flexibility for the layout (i.e we can make it a whole page or double page spread if needed) I can always downsize it if we need to.
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

Keep high Res... Will do lostboy! :D
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Kaitou Kage »

As a reference, G, 300dpi is usually standard print resolution. You shouldn't have to go any higher -- you'll run into serious computer memory issues once you get much higher. Definitely don't go any lower than 300.

Otherwise, if you start using vectors, resolution becomes a non-issue since vectors use math instead of pixel placements.

Notice to All Writers/Editors/Project Members

The SRD/Gaming license has been updated on the Wizards site recently. It is important we keep this in mind and make sure none of the information Neo and I have written up violates SRD. I don't forsee an issue because 1) we're presenting a free product, and 2) I am pretty sure we haven't used any SRD-violating terms or mechanics yet. However, it never hurts to be on the safe side of copyright law, especially since copyright law is already muddy as it is. Plus, Neo and I are poor college students and we'd prefer not to have to deal with lawsuits :)

So please, when you are looking anything over, red-flag and present to us anything you see that might conflict with WotC's gaming license. Whether it seems like a big issue or not, it's probably better for us to just figure out how to get around it.

Thanks![/b]
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

yup 300dpi max is great, I can manage with 150dpi as well as long as the image dimensions are large enough (210 x 297mm if possible).

KK if youre working in Illustrator you can send me .ai files instead of jpegs, just make sure you set compatability so I can open them in Illustrator CS (I havent upgraded to CS3/4 yet...), or just send as .eps (which would be easier).

Re copyright stuff, what do we need to put in regarding a disclaimer? I take it the OGL is no longer valid.
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

Actually working in Photo Impression 4 currently... Poor persons photo shop...

2336 Pixel Width X 1696 Pixel Height aspect ratio 100% on the Linnorm pic... But I am transfering up to 600 dpi for Resolution... :D

Hope that helps!
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Kaitou Kage »

lostboy wrote:yup 300dpi max is great, I can manage with 150dpi as well as long as the image dimensions are large enough (210 x 297mm if possible).

KK if youre working in Illustrator you can send me .ai files instead of jpegs, just make sure you set compatability so I can open them in Illustrator CS (I havent upgraded to CS3/4 yet...), or just send as .eps (which would be easier).
I can get you .eps.
Re copyright stuff, what do we need to put in regarding a disclaimer? I take it the OGL is no longer valid.
Not sure off-hand, but I'll take a look. OGL stuff will be valid as far as our 3.5e content goes, but for 4e, we'll prolly need to include the SGL stuff.
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

How go things?
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

oops :oops:

Forgot I was supposed to be workign on those layout comments you sent me 3 weeks ago, I'll take a look at the image frames over the weekend.
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Excellent.

How about the others?

Right now, as far as 4E stats go, we've got..... twelve of the thirteen Faerie (False Knight to be done) done, and I'd say ten of the thirteen to acceptable levels (I'd like to rework the Amadan and Jack).

So on the whole, I'd say 4E stats are somewhere at 85% completion.

Progress reports from the other departments? 3E stats, art, editing?
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Kaitou Kage »

I'd like to just jump in with a project update announcement.

Neo and I have recently kicked this project into as high gear as we can while we both manage graduate school. So far, we have roughly 1/3 of the project edited.

The project will have 3 faerie locations and 10 individual faeries, all with mechanics. The mechanics are exclusively 4e, but the fluff should be useful for any game system.

We don't have a current ETA but we're making steady progress. As a general rule, we're trying to push through 3 fey every couple weeks. With luck, we should be able to roll out by the end of the year.
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Now you've gone and jinxed it. :wink:
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Kaitou Kage »

:P I think you already jinxed it. I'm sure I don't need to explain why!
Jack the Reaper
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: The Fair Folk - The Project

Post by Jack the Reaper »

Sooo... what happened at last with this product? Is it finished? Where can it, or any part of it, be found?
The Reaper's riddle:

"Im ata yachol likro et ze, ata yode'a et ha'emet."

If you can read it, you know the truth.