Ravenloft Reanimated Game of Conquest: Fan Made Domains

Coordinating community projects
WolfKook
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Ravenloft Reanimated Game of Conquest: Fan Made Domains

Post by WolfKook »

In the original thread, we kept everything within canon, excluding the fan-made domains (Both selected for the domain roster and excluded from it). As problematic as it is, I will start these thread so we may start considering including them. For reference, check Joël's fan made domain list.

So, my proposals are:
  • Arkandale conquers Arlington Farm and takes its stuff: Arlington Farm seems like a perfect fit inside the Lonesome Road's version of Arkandale.
  • Carcharodon Island conquers Nedragonne and takes its stuff: Both domains are very rich, and linger on the same subject. Xanthos is more compelling than either Sean or Allison, but the others seem more tragic. By combining both domains, we would get a very rich and exciting island domain, something that hasn't been treated in canon RL.
  • Fairhaven conquers Tepest and takes its stuff: This is dangerous ground, as I was the one who wrote Fairhaven, but again, both domains treat the same subject, in different ways. Perhaps the elements of Tepest could be divided between Faihaven and Nidala?
  • Ghastria conquers Virisa and takes its stuff: Again, both domains thread on similar subjects, both are island domains, and their fusion could only make the whole a lot better.
  • Monte Mal conquers Ricoba and takes its stuff: Monte Mal always seemed like a poor fit within Richemulot, but I really like the idea of it joining Ricoba, if we choose that version of the domain. Even if we don't, the elements of Ricoba could enhance the small island domain a lot.
  • Nueva Aragona conquers San Bartolome and takes its stuff: Both domains have similar cultural flavor, but the twin lords of Nueva Aragona are more compelling than the DL of San Bartolome. If we take the elements of S.B. to add to N.A., the resulting domain would be very rich and interesting.
  • Vorostokov conquers Okraina and takes its stuff: Okraina has never been a very interesting domain, or her DL particularly compelling, but the addition of the domain to Vorostokov would enhance that domain a lot, giving it new possibilities.
So, what do you think? Remember that two more votes for any of these proposals will get them accepted, while any vote against them will make it very difficult for them. Do you have any other proposals? Remember that one of our goals is to include fan-made material whenever possible.
"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom"
William Blake
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Well, we have a bit of a dilemma here--many of the authors of this material are present on the boards and have an interest in what happens to their creations. Perhaps we should ask the authors of the domains if they're willing to see their creations altered before we carry on with the voting?
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Igor the Henchman
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Igor the Henchman »

Nathan of the FoS wrote:Well, we have a bit of a dilemma here--many of the authors of this material are present on the boards and have an interest in what happens to their creations. Perhaps we should ask the authors of the domains if they're willing to see their creations altered before we carry on with the voting?
I second that.

On the one proposition where the author *is* present, I'm sorry, WolfKook, but Tepest is a lot more developed domain than Fairhaven, and folding it into your creation would be a bit of a waste.