A trailer for my horror game

Coordinating community projects
BedrockBrendan
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

A trailer for my horror game

Post by BedrockBrendan »

Been working hard on a new horror game. Interested in getting feedback from people here on the trailer I put together for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDBOaewbWCw
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: A trailer for my horror game

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Wow, the game looks very interesting and well made! The trailer looked very professionally produced, the only criticism I'd give is that the trailer doesn't really "pop" with excitement. I guess I'm used to faster paced movie trailers. Toccata & Fugue is one of my faves, of course, but it's kinda slow for a trailer. Then there's the part near the end where the text matte slowly scrolls across the screen, which looked cool, but was so slow, I think some might lose interest. Overall, the trailer made got me interested in the product, but I was already disposed well to it. I think it could use a little more pizzazz to grab the general gaming populace.

Good luck with your game and your company! I'll keep an eye out for your products...
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
BedrockBrendan
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by BedrockBrendan »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:Wow, the game looks very interesting and well made! The trailer looked very professionally produced, the only criticism I'd give is that the trailer doesn't really "pop" with excitement. I guess I'm used to faster paced movie trailers. Toccata & Fugue is one of my faves, of course, but it's kinda slow for a trailer. Then there's the part near the end where the text matte slowly scrolls across the screen, which looked cool, but was so slow, I think some might lose interest. Overall, the trailer made got me interested in the product, but I was already disposed well to it. I think it could use a little more pizzazz to grab the general gaming populace.

Good luck with your game and your company! I'll keep an eye out for your products...
Thanks. I think you are right it should be edited down a bit. I probably fell a bit too in love with the scrolling text effect and let it drag too long. I used Toccata because I wanted a horror movie cliche running through the trailer (and I managed to find a public domain recording of it). I like that piece as well, but something more up tempo might work. Maybe I should do another one with a little more pop to it. Finding a public domain classical recording that fits the genre is the real trick there.

Ideally I want to get it down to about 2 minutes I think.
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

What Ron said!

I had to fight not to click away, even if I'm interested in knowing more about the game!

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
BedrockBrendan
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by BedrockBrendan »

We just released it in PDF (will be out in print in October): http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product_i ... s_id=93706