A halfling sits down (OOC5)

The Halfling campaign
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

11+2=13. Not much I suppose. :roll:
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Coan wrote:Ixevim already has a lower DC for this check as the reason will soon become apparent.
Thanks but that was not the point in fact. If a sphinx suddenly appeared and said "Solve me the following riddle" and handed out a riddle, Ixevim should have a stunningly better chance to solve it than the rest. :)
Unless of course it was a riddle for the alien human mind :roll: like "What is more important for a mother with 2 sons and a sister?"
Answer "Her children"
Ixevim's answer "Her sister, unless if the children were as intelligent and able to reason as the adult which is very rare. Also the sister is a woman who can procreate the woman race while the sons are males who cannot bear children of their own."
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Maybe but I think you are over thinking this problem because the real issue is not the bonus difference but the d20 die roll itself. It creates too much chance and the probability isn't reflective of what should be true.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

That's why IMC I use 3d6 for ability checks.
That way the chances of a character with 12 strength to beat a character with 18 strength in a task that requires mostly strength (like breaking an object or door) are far more realistic.
Not TOO realistic however considering that a person with 18 strength can lift 320 lbs while a character with 12 strength can lift 140 lbs.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

I suddenly find myself very glad that Albert is upstairs still half-searching for a halberd, and scouting out which rooms are in a useable state. Having an 11 Int makes this ability check an utter pain. ;)
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

OOC> By the stone, you mean the resonance stone or Simone's Crystal?

The crystal.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Coan, if Rosette accepts to become a psion what edition will we use? Remember that Kimuriel is psion of 3rd edition.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

And that Ixevim uses Expanded psionic handbook rules. :)
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

alhoon wrote: She was a noble, obviously her mind is suited for psionics[/color]"

OOC> Ixevim thinks Noble = born to lead and command = closer to psion as you can see here :)
Kimuriel knew that this was not correct, and this sentence sounded very wierd to him. That obviously made Kimuriel think that will be difficult for him to explain to Ixevim that nobles cannot learn easier. Maybe if he tried he could persuade Ixevim but he just didn't want to, he didn't think that was very important. :roll:
- W H A T ! ? !
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Sorry it took so long to respond everyone, I've been a little busy of late (work, illness and enroling for my honours).
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Coan wrote: I have dipped my hands in a well of evil whose taint I fear may never leave me! Each day I realize more of what I have done and feel as if I am awaking from a daze.
Come on! I want to participate in this too! :(
You know Ixevim is a very friendly and forgiving person. Rosette can confess to him everything she dreams, loaths or fears! Look at how many things they have in common. Probably she would see him as an older brother ... with tentacles. :? Guess I didn't convince you right?
My DMGuild work!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

alhoon wrote:
Coan wrote: I have dipped my hands in a well of evil whose taint I fear may never leave me! Each day I realize more of what I have done and feel as if I am awaking from a daze.
Come on! I want to participate in this too! :(
You know Ixevim is a very friendly and forgiving person. Rosette can confess to him everything she dreams, loaths or fears! Look at how many things they have in common. Probably she would see him as an older brother ... with tentacles. :? Guess I didn't convince you right?
I could do a big speech on what happened with Pietor but most already know. I think what I did sums it up briefly but covers the important points (she doesn't tell Robert about the groups involvement so the talk is history). Any questions just PM.

Ixevim however can't really comfort Rosette. He's still from a race of hostile outsiders and isn't human. You said it yourself he has different emotions and ways of thinking. I'm leaving it up to Ixevim and VAN to decide if they want to risk reading mistrazor. However it is an artefact so there is definatley risk.
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Robert_Pembrooke »

The question is, what did she actually do? Not what was done by those she associated with, but what was done by her own hands.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

She has commited torture and humiliated her enemies by eating meals on their tormented bodies. Probably they all had a great orgy while branding and beating some slaves chained on walls.
She harassed Kimuriel also. There were some weapons drawn to avoid a bloodshed when we entered the grand hall of decadent nobles. I still wish I had a scroll of fireball there. It would have cleaned some filth.

Those are what we witnessed ourselves. She has probably commited rape, murder and blackmail. She probably did far more humiliating things to the chained slaves than eat on their corpses and have sex around them.
Quite a lot for a 16 years old girl don't you think?

Coan: I know. I was kidding. Ixevim is a mind flayer :)
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Coan wrote:I'm leaving it up to Ixevim and VAN to decide if they want to risk reading mistrazor. However it is an artefact so there is definatley risk.
Kimuriel knows that too, so he will avoid readiing Mistrazor. The only thing he will do, if Ixevim wants, is to scry on Cole in order to see if he is alive.
- W H A T ! ? !