The context of life is subject to interpretation

The Halfling campaign
Cole Deschain
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cole Deschain »

"I certainly saw none... Barovia, you say? I've got something of a history with that particular nation..."
Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by,
That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

It is at this time that the door bursts open again. This time stands Laurel dressed in baggy adventurer's garb but with a large rifle in her hands and pistols in her belt. Charonne looks to her as well.

"Are you my next patient? If so I am afraid you will have to wait, I'm still in a session."

She doesn't spare a moment but to place the rifle's sights firmly between his eyes and pull the trigger. There was a wet sound as blood and grey matter was launched onto the window and Charonne fell back over his desk. Immediatley tossing the rifle she draws two pistols and aims them squarely at each of the men's chests.

"Show's over. Are you the real Cole?"
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Albert looks to the remains of Charrone's body, then back to the woman that just wanred n through the door.

Seems like a waste of a bullet to me. Annoying, yes, but I don't think that person needed to be killed.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

"If it were a person I might agree with you." she kicks the rifle towards the window and over the desk causing it to swing open. "Take a look outside and tell me if anything seems odd to you."

Albert leans outwards towards the window catching a sideways glance through. What he saw was inexplicable, blackness surrounded the side of the town outside. It was positioned in such a way as to look perfectly normal if you looked at it from head on you would see a town but if you got closer and opened the window to see past its frame it was more like a painting.

"Now explain to me who you are."
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Hmm...

Albert looks out the window again to double check what he saw before turning back to face the woman with the guns.

Is this a habit of yours, madame? Preparing to kill anyone before you even know who they are?
Last edited by Tadelin on Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Laurel looked at Albert with disdain and waved a pistol back towards the desk.

"It's already happening and you don't even know it. What is missing from what you've just been looking at?"

Albert strained to think. The picture on the wall outside included everything 'normal' and nothing had changed. Perhaps the woman was mad?

"The fact you don't know is more for your benefit. That doctor I just shot. Where is his body? Or blood?"

She was right... though Albert knew she had killed someone he had already forgotten who or how or even when until being reminded. What was going on?
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Albert looks to Cole, expecting him to have some better answer for what was going on here. The only thing missing from the oddity of this scene was a sudden blaze...
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Albert expected Cole to say something, to have some reaction but there was nothing.

Outside on the painted landscape the light began to dim and the lights in the room flickered as if the gas was being turned down. Somewhere Albert could hear people talking far away but he could not make out the words.

Laurel looked around and screamed but her voice was cut off in silence. Shadows raced around the room like a bizzare carnival ride -bluring the people and turning everything into an almost monotonous black and grey.

Moving towards Cole instinctively Albert could see the other occupants of the room begin to change. Their skin blackened and then fell away like ash. Laurel's face seemed to be in horror as she distintergrated.
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Albert spins the halberd in his hands, bringing it into a better position to defend himself if the need arises. He shifted left and right, trying to figure out where he was or where he's going. These last few days have all but been a nightmare - though certainly the most timid he's had to date. The voices and the blurring made it extremely difficult to tell how close anyone or anything was; if Albert wasn't touching it, there was no way to know if it even existed at this point.

He paused for a moment, shook his head, and then opens his eyes again to see if that had cleared his vision.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

When Albert opens his eyes everything seems frozen in place. Luarl's face, the lighting without shadow. Cole had disapeared and once again his ears play tricks on him and he thinks he hears yelling somewhere far off.
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Albert reaches out as if to touch Laurel and see if she's really there or just an image, but he pulls his hand back before he actually reaches her, thinking better of it. With a final glance around the room, he looks out both the window and the door, trying to figure out which way would really be the best path for finding these voices.