A new world has come

The Halfling campaign
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel sighs and says:

"I didn't know that, I have only heard the name before. That's really bad though, I cannot use my powers under these circumstances. At least, do you know if they are hiding in this land or elsewhere? We should have something to start searching them."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Robert_Pembrooke »

Coan wrote:"Brrrr Ixevim knows, Katrina the preacher's daughter! Faceless faces, isles of air. She is hidden and the quest begins. Horror of horrors, love of the pure. Woof woof good doggy." he looks around and mutters under his breath "so hungry. What you wanna know faith man?"
"How do I find her? Where do I look? And while I realize that asking you to speak plainly would be futile, might you at least make your cryptic hints in reference to texts I might know?"
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Albert's reading goes unnoticed and he finds himself looking at one of the later entries (as the second side is blank). It states an apology and a promise to find a way out of entrapment, finally it asks the reader to wait until 'your past catches up with you'.

As he reads the last paragraph the human Ixevim trembles
"Magics used in my house, magics were used in a bigger house I remember, then a country. Seek him out faith man." he turns his head as if to quiz Robert further but instead stops talking, the priest senses a strong emotion somehow, one of pity. Running up to Robert the old man bowls him over and lands ontop embracing him. Putting his 'tendrils' of leather near Robert's ear he says something.

"Ixevim! Get off of him!" the woman yells, interupting the conversation and pulling Ixevim off "Behave yourself!"
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

"No, no, it's alright, I'm fine."
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel gets a step a back and turns to face the old Ixevim ready to attack him. But when the cleric tells he was ok, he composes himself and says:

"He said something about magic, what does he mean? And since you know many things, may you tell me anything about my father?"
Last edited by VAN on Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Albert looks to the commotion, and realizes that it was quickly handled. Finding nothing more of interest towards the end of the book, he flips towards the front of the book to see if there's anything of note there.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

(Can I have a sense motive check please)

The elder Ixevim moves aside and starts scrambling to the door. Opening it he goes outside.

"I'm sorry" the woman says "He gets that way sometimes, he doesn't like magic being used around him. I don't know why... maybe it is painful for him. Anyway your father? Yes I was told a little about him over the years but..." she pauses just as a sound from outside breaks into the room. A rumbling of the earth like soil moving, the woman's face whitens suddenly and she runs to the door "Ixevim! Hurry come back now!" moving outside she leaves the others in the tower's front room.

At this time Albert looks to the front book but there does not seem to be anything more of immediate interest.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

OOC> SMotive 19

IC> Ixevim was getting tired of this. He turned to the others and said
"This is getting too much. I suggest we conclude our questions, define our next travel stop and be gone from here."
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

OOC> SM 17.

IC> "I prefer stay until getting a better idea of what happens and what had already happened here. This woman knows many things about us, all of us. It seems that the fate has brought her to our way and I don't want to turn my back to it. She is a source of information about the future, my father etc. I want to stay, get a better look of this tower and of course try to understand if this woman tells the truth. We should know if they are really coming from the future or not. And I don't understimate this strange's creature, who passes himself for Ixevim, issue. Maybe we should try to talk to him one more time, maybe he has something more to say. Ah, and please tell me Ixevim, has he answered correctly to your question about your old thrall/assistant?"
- W H A T ! ? !
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

<OOC> Not that I think I'm being asked to make said check, but I'm going to voluntarily fail the Sense Motive check, because I think Albert would be far more interested in what he's reading than any person's actions outside of actions to directly threaten him. </OOC>

When he's satisfied that there's nothing of importance to be learned in that book, he directs the tiny whirlwind to flip open the next book and try to continue reading.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim just send Kimuriel and Artemis a telepathic message without words, just displeasure, like a deep frown. He obviously found that older "Ixevim" offending.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

OOC: Ixevim and Kimuriel notice just before the old Ixevim is pulled off Robert that the priest's facial expression changed slightly for an instant as if he understood something.

Inside the tower the group's conversation is stopped by the sounds of something large outside, another rumble of rock is heard and this time the ground shakes. Rosette cowers slightly as Artemis moves to the door.

"What is going on ou-" his voice catches as he moves outside. "I say, what is that thing?" his voice carries a large amount of caution as a sudden surge in magic can be felt.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim moves to back up Artemis, and connects with the minds of all present. "This is Ixevim" momentary pause and then with a bit of irritation "the real one. Ready your minds because I'll send you an image of what I'll see outside"

And Ixevim looks behind Artemis' back. His fellow kin, from past or future or whatever would certainly be stunned to see him placing himself in danger and not staying behind the "lesser races".
My DMGuild work!
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Albert quickly dismisses his spell, and turns his attention from the books to the sudden change in sensation. His left hand immediately reaches for something over his right shoulder, open hand shaking slightly as he remembers in frustration that his halberd is still missing. Instead, Albert draws his sword, preparing himself to fight whatever might be out there.
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

Robert moves towards the door, one hand moving to the symbol around his neck.