A new world has come

The Halfling campaign
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

A new world has come

Post by Coan »

Quickly Kimuriel gathers the others near him and begins summoning the mental energies required for his teleportation.

At the same time Ixevim looks over to Rosette. She was dying and he secretly knew it, unless they reached a doctor or cleric soon... his thoughts lead him to when Kimuriel had examined her. He hadn't thought on it much at the time but his simple dimensional door was harder to pinpoint than before even though the excitement had worn down. It had felt like forcing himself through the layers or reality and not the usual slip in space it normally did. Why though? His mind turned to their previous teleport in Borca. Something had happened there as well.

He heard Kimuriel's movements and the mindflayer wanted to call out but it was too late. Space and time had shifted.

They each feel as if they are being pulled through mollases, the air seemed to move like liquid and the walls of the room were pulled away. Looking down they could see the road and forest pull away from them as if they were at a great height. But things looked somehow wrong, the sun was dimming and giving a purple tint to everything while great beasts roamed the land and parts of the world seemed to fade or be on fire while ice formed over entire towns. The sky writhed like a blanket and somewhere they heard a scream as a dark hole in the sky was ripped open.

Beyond this portal they could not discern save Ixevim with his own unusual vision and what he saw made his blood freeze. Anarchy and some huge malevolence lurked behind the world and he would have continued staring as a dark tentacle pierced the clouds and moved its colosal form around the sky -seeking, searching. A great weight fell over their minds and Kimuriel ceased his teleportation as a shadow fell over them and the huge form of the tentacle descended towards them -blanketing the stars as below them the world was seperated and disected.

There was a huge reverberating groan and Kimuriel forced the teleport to a close.

When they opened their eyes they could only speak in hushed whispers and shallow breaths. They had not travelled at all and the cellar was dark -all light sources extinguished. In the room the sounds of the two rescued men could be heard. It seemed whatever had happened had begun to awaken them, fortunatley they had avoided the terrible sight.

But what indeed, had they seen? And why did the memory burn into them and leave a sickening feeling -violated and foreboding.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Robert_Pembrooke »

A brief sound of chanting, then a golden light springs into existence in the air above the chanter, one of the captives now conscious. For the time being, he sees only Kimmuriel, and asks in cultured tones "Might I inquire as to where, exactly, I am, and how?"
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

As the captive casts light, Kimuriel blinks. Then he looks around concerned. His teleport had very different effect. It seemed, from what he had seen that they had traveled away, as they were in a dream, but still they are at the same place.

“Is everybody ok? Rosette?”

Kimuriel helps the woman sit on a chair and tries to tend her wounds. At the same time says:

“I have no idea how and what has happened. It seemed that we are back in the cellar, the place we were before. I don’t think it’s safe remain here.”

After a small pause and when Kimuriel looks more carefully Rosette’s wounds, he speaks to the captive again.

“You sir have casted a spell before, may I ask if you are a wizard or a cleric? Our companion is not very well as you can see. Can you do anything about her?”
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

The man moves to Rosette's side, uttering a prayer of healing as he does [OOC: Cure Moderate Wounds, 2d8+8, heals 12 hp]. "I am Father Pembrooke, a servant of the Lawgiver. And yourself?"
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

"Wait... You're a priest? I'm Ixevim. Thank you for the aid you gave to our injured companion. May I ask you sir, what was that creature that has caught you? Do you know when we can find this blasphemous threat to all sentient creatures?"

In the mean time he sends Kimuriel and Artemis a telepathic message "Some things seems strange around here. I don't know what happened when we attempted to teleport. We can assume it isn't safe to try again.
On the other hand Rosette is weak. We cannot leave a teenager to her fortune like this, we have to take her with us while we hunt down that monster. I propose Kimuriel that we train her as a pshychic warrior or psion so that she can defend herself better."

OOC> Ixevim doesn't even think that his companions may not want to hunt that creature. He assumes it is the first priority of everyone there, even prior to finding what happened with the teleport...
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

[OOC: Is Ixevim disguised in any way, or does he in fact appear to be a hideous squid-faced abomination? The response here is somewhat dependent on that trivium.]
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

<OOC> I believe alhoon has stated that he's covered by an illusion. Or at least has been. Not entirely certain if it's still up because I haven't read all of the old thread yet. </OOC>

From a bit further from the light comes the moaning of a person who has just woken up and is very sore. This is shortly followed by a bit of a thud as if something heavy and wet just hit the floor. After a moment on the ground, an arm appears on the table and is attached to the other man from this room. He brings himself to his knees, and shakes his head again.

A red "glow" is visible in his eyes, even with the faint light of the priest's spell. He slowly studies each person in the room as if he's never seen them before, then focuses his attention at the rest of the room. When he finally speaks, the words only come in Mordentish, and his accent gives away his home of Dementlieu.

Where am I? And where is my gear?
Last edited by Tadelin on Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

alhoon wrote:"Wait... You're a priest? I'm Ixevim. Thank you for the aid you gave to our injured companion. May I ask you sir, what was that creature that has caught you? Do you know when we can find this blasphemous threat to all sentient creatures?"
"I do not remember any of these things. It may have been some time since the last events I remember; for one, I do not think I am still in Mordent."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim replies. His illusionary face is expresionless and blank and his voice uncolored, unnaturaly so under the circumstances. "We are in Barovia. We found you here under guard. This man we have incapacicated over there was one of your guards. You have been kept asleep, probably druged. We found also this man over there" Points to the oranged headed man. "Father, could you see if you can help him also?"
Without waiting for a reply or even for his comrades to introduce themselves Ixevim goes on. He walks toward the stunned guard and kicks his sword out of his reach.

"A terrible abomination was found over you. It seemed to be sentient and unspeakably evil. Any information you can give us about that creature or on the subject of your capture would be of help. Regretfully we do not know anything else about this hateful monster, as we have stumbled upon it by chance.
The creature was murduring this man when we came in. It was like a hovering tentacled cloud, attached to this poor soul's head and leaching ... out nurishment ... " Stops to calm himself as the memories of the creature return (his voice has been level and emotionless most of the time. The pauses seem strange and out of order).

Ixevim continues. Seething hate and indignation paint his voice now. Unconsiously he telepathically projects mildly his feelings about the subject, making everyone feeling uneasy as if poison and hate was dripping out of his mouth instead of words.
"Leaching out nurishment from this man draining his gray matter. It had no right in the world to do that. No excuses. It must die. It must not be let to exist."

OOC> Artemis and Van may get some hints from the last part as for the reason of Ixevim's determination to kill the creature and should be able to understand by now that the feelings of hate they get are actually telepathic projections that Ixevim unconsiously sends. And that Ixevim doesn't control his powers isn't a good sign...
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

Father Pembrooke offers what aid he can to anyone injured.
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

The flame-haired man attempts to struggle to his feet again. Whatever he was attached to before has left him in a rather weak state right now, but he no longer appears to be in any immediate danger. After a moment, he seems to decide that standing isn't going to be an easy task, and then pulls himself up into a nearby chair. His eyes continue to search the room as if looking for his missing gear (as well as the rest of his clothes), and the red rings in his otherwise black eyes flash as he moves them from side to side.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim turns towards the man. That was strange, he could move even if grogily.

Ixevim decided to check the man's mental damage using his psionic abilities.

OOC> Detect thoughts, up to the second round where you just get a clue how smart etc the other is. Ixevim doesn't get in his brain.
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

“Thank you for your help Father, I’m Kimuriel by the way, the girl you just saved is Rosette and the other man is Artemis.”

Then the half-elf looks around in order to understand if the cellar seems the same or if it’s actually the same. But when Ixevim is talking and projecting his hate, Kimuriel tries to divert the discussion in order to protect the mind flyer.

“Father, you said that you came from Mordent? What has happened to you?”

At the same time a missive reaches Ixevim’s mind.

“Ixevim, you unconsciously project your feelings to everyone in this room. Stop it. It seems suspect. I’ll help you find this creature, but not immediately. First we should understand what has happened to us and to the others. Then we should decide where we will pass the night, I don't think that this place is the best. When we rest, I'll try to locate it psionically.”
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Artemis nods to the priest in welcome.

"Pleasure to meet you old sport -both of you. Now if we are to stay a bit longer I think I might as well inspect this room a little more closely. But please if the two of you could maybe give us some insight as to where you are from and mayhap we can extrapolate how you came to be in such unfortunate circumstances."

Artemis digs into one of his coat pockets and pulls out a small candle stick holder. Flicking it with his finger the candle lights up and he haphazardly lets go of it, only to follow him while floating. He then begins to take a look around.

Albert in the mean time cannot see any sign of his belongings. However in one corner of the room is a medium sized chest, he focuses on it and sees a large lock on it as well as a reinforced frame. He guesses there would likely be something of import in there.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

"As I said, I am from Mordent. The last that I can remember, my daughter had wandered off, as she does far too often, and I was trying to find her before it got entirely dark. It was a foggy night, though, and I was having very little luck."