A halfling sits down (OOC6)

The Halfling campaign
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

A halfling sits down (OOC6)

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

Greetings ladies and gentlemen,

Since the other OOC board is beginning to get a little full, I decided to start a fresh board to continue your discussions. If you haven't been around much the past few weeks, then I would recommend that you peruse the other thread in order to catch up on events.

Please feel free to use this new thread to discuss any matters that wouldn't be appropriate to insert in the middle of the story posts. In particular, I refer to any and all out-of-character (OOC) posts that you may need to make. Feel free to post questions, replies, and other such commentary on this thread.

Many thanks!

Jason "Javier" True
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Having existed for over four years, the "Halfling Walks" series has covered a number of activities and events. It is nearly impossible for me to go through all the chapters (and the various subsections of each chapter) in any great detail. I will, however, try to give a summary of the main events that have occurred over the course of the story during my time as DM. I'll leave it to Coan to make the appropriate updates and remarks for what has been occuring during his reign of terror... :wink:

The original adventure started in Barovia during the year 751 BC, but the course of events have brought the group to a greatly different version of the Core in the year 801 BC. The following are the biggest changes that have occurred during those fifty years:

:arrow: Malocchio Aderre, who used armies from Falkovia and magic from Darkon, found a way to break the Vistani curse that was laid upon him. With the curse removed, he used his armies to travel forth and conquer Verbrek, Richelumont, and Falkovia (which have all become on large domain of Invidia. During this time, Malocchio has killed many Vistani tribes (whose blood fueled the spell that lifted his curse). Unfortunately for Aderre, the curse was reestablished and he is trapped in his much bigger domain.

:arrow: An army of illithid warriors and psionicists has invaded Valachan and Mordent. These two domains no longer exist, and the original inhabitants have either fled or become slaves to the new illithid occupants. The new domain is called Mudallithid, and it is a bleak and broken ruminant of the previous domains.

:arrow: Sithicus needed a more powerful force to prevent the illithid invasion, and Lord Soth was called back to defend the land. The true Darklord has not been established, but there is no doubting that the deathknight rules over the populance.

:arrow: Borca has fiercely embraced religion to counteract the threats of illithids and Aderre. The Church of Ezra has taken a strong hold of the domain and the people have risen to a pious state unmatched anywhere else.

:arrow: Nova Vaasa has been taken over by a strange mercenary and his witch companion. While this mercenary seems content to leave the people alone, there is a strong feeling of it only being the calm before the storm.

:arrow: Hazlan has seen a revolution and its two cultures practically are reversed.

:arrow: Tepest has been invaded by a strange demonic entity, which nobody has seen and lived to tell the tale. This new master has warped and twisted creatures into vile creations that have counteracted any and all attempts of the people?s inquisitions.
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Cleaning House:

I will be pruning this board sometime before the end of this month. I will be removing the old, locked threads, and the current threads will be locked as new ones are created. If there is any pertinent information that you wish to read or keep, then I would highly advise you to save it before April 30th.

I want to open up fresh space for Coan to work his magic as the storyline continues.

Jason
The Grim Deleter
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

I'm not dead guys and gal. I'm just very busy this week with assignments and getting the State budget ready. Honours and work do not mix.

I hope to get things moving sometime next week after I find a break.

Until then feel free to do some rp within the party, maybe learn a little about each other in game. :wink:
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

I would, but you're not the only one who's seemed to have fallen off the face of the earth. Not heard a lick out of everyone else since my last post.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Tadelin wrote:Not heard a lick out of everyone else since my last post.
They've been hiding... :wink:
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Van is waiting answer from Coan.

I still wait for some info on what happened when Ixevim studied your thoughts... Succeeded, failed? Any miscomings?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Robert_Pembrooke
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Robert_Pembrooke »

I'm still around, but Robert's in a fairly reactive mode right now; he's quite shocked by Rosette's revelations, and not looking for more.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Jason of the Fraternity wrote:They've been hiding... :wink:
They do that. What do they think this is, a horror board or something? ;)
alhoon wrote:I still wait for some info on what happened when Ixevim studied your thoughts... Succeeded, failed? Any miscomings?
I thought that Coan would be saying one way or the other if this was successful, though I never rolled the save in the first place. I'll do that later today after I get my computer hooked up again and can look at Albert's Will save. I know it's one of his better ones, with the sorcerer levels and all.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Coan wrote:I'm not dead guys and gal. I'm just very busy this week with assignments and getting the State budget ready. Honours and work do not mix.

I hope to get things moving sometime next week after I find a break.

Until then feel free to do some rp within the party, maybe learn a little about each other in game. :wink:
Did I really say a week's break? What I mean't was 'get back to business after I help finish the budget and answer all media, minister AND public questions'.

That took a while longer.

Now I should be back to my normal stressed out self.

The game is afoot and shall restart within 24 hours (self imposed deadline). Expect my next in-game post in this time.

Now I must sleep for work.

P.S. As a reward for my self I got a new entertainment system so I feel pretty good right now (until something bad happens). How is everyone else going?
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

I study for my exams, but I have some free time now.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Sense motive checks everyone. 8)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

I got 18.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Untrained and I got 15.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Huh... That was done while I was on vacation.

Sense Motive... Wisdom, therefore +1... Untrained...

W00t! 17 on the die.