Announcement on Continuation

The Halfling campaign
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Announcement on Continuation

Post by Coan »

Hi all,

After some thinking on the progress I've been making with the game I think I have to pull out. Unfortunatley the thing known as 'life' has reared it's head one too many times and made it unfair for you and the story to continue as is, simply because I take far too long to update.

So it seems I go the way of Bela, Jason, Cole and others and resign my commission as DM of Halfling Walks. If anyone would like to take over they are more than welcome.

I guess I had an ok run and I hope you enjoyed it. I was thinking I might take up a Masque of the Red Death game in a few months but at the moment I still don't know if I could regularly update.

Anyway, thanks for playing.

:Brain:

-Coan
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Thank you Coan for the time dedicated to this wonderful campaign. I have had a really nice time playing with you! I wish you the best and I hope the new year gets you... more free time as well! Hope to see you on board sometimes though! :wink:
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

These are bad news, although I had to say I'm not surprised. However I was hoping that you could clear up your scedule and keep the halfling walking.
Thank you Coan, I enjoyed the time we played together and I hope we will keep on playing.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Life, vile creature that it is, eventually claims us all. Just as its cousin Death.

Well met, Coan, and may you fare well in your next endeavor.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

Well, I was hoping to keep Banob's journey's going until the "little one" arrives next month, but I suppose that it was only a matter of time before the halfing would stop walking... :cry:

Anyway, a hearty congratulations and thanks to Coan for the fine work that he has done for the series. It is amazing that this campaign has lasted nearly as long as it has, especially since it started out from the original DM's 3 posts (yes, crackhedmo didn't invest very much in his brief by vital time as DM). I took over for nearly four years before passing the reigns onto Cole/Bela, and these same reigns eventually went to Coan, who kept the horses moving for well over a year.

Many thanks, my friend, and good luck with what life brings you!

Jason "Javier" True
(a.k.a. Charonne Willowbrook)
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Now... who wants to take the reigns? I'm not willing to let go of Ixevim yet.

Come on, step out wherever you are!
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

I do like the character of Albert, and he still doesn't know who or what he truly is yet. Nor does he have any clue on where he's going. As far as he knows, he's still on the run from the law, from a crime that is who knows how far in the past now. I realize the language barrier when dealing with him is rather rough, but he's still been a fun character to me.
One of these days, I'm going to get it right. Until then, I guess I can just keep being a fool.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

I like Kimuriel too. Do you want to DM the thread Tadelin? At this point I guess you are the only one who can do it. :roll:
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Tadelin
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tadelin »

Between my job and my other endeavors at the moment, I scarcely have time to be creative. Most of what creative energy I have is being poured into four different novels I'm trying to complete, none of which first well with Ravenloft. Though one features characters originating in Ravenloft, but getting ejected during the prologue.