A halfling walks in the alleys (2)

The Halfling campaign
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

A halfling walks in the alleys (2)

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

The quartet of adventurers travel for about thirty minutes as Cole casually leads them through several streets and alleys. While none in the group get confused as to where they are at, it would be difficult for anyone to follow them without being obvious about their intentions. Fairly sure that they are alone and unwatched, Cole enters a backalley and hefts open a grate with his good arm.

"This is your last chance for fresh air for a while," Cole says with a bit of a grimace. "Any questions before we head down?"
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Jebbedo rubs his face with a hand as he slowly begins to sober up. His eyes water and his nose crinkles at the vile stench of the sewer. "Do we really need to go down there?"

"Afraid so," Cole responds. "Unless you've got some way of smoking someone out of the entire system of sewers without letting them sneak away from an alternate exit, we need to go in there and subtle hunt him down."

"Fair enough," Jebbedo says as he stiffles a series of retching gags, "but this wasn't the type of work I was expecting when I was hired."

Cole merely shrugs, "Wasn't exactly on our job descriptions either. Anything else?"
Silence
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Silence »

RT catches a whiff of the stench and closes her eyes as they tear up. Grimacing, she ties a loose piece of cloth around her nose and mouth. Her voice is faintly muffled when she replies

Lets away.
If love is blind why is lingerie so popular?
Shadowcast
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Shadowcast »

Bronn takes RT's lead and wraps a piece of cloth over his own mouth and nose.

"Ready when you two are."
"I see. You think you're clever. But are you more clever then Jesus?"
"Well, I did do rather nicely on my SATs. . ."
Cole Deschain
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cole Deschain »

Cole smirks slightly

"Never knew you two has such delicate senses. Anyway, I'm ready."
Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by,
That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.
Shadowcast
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Shadowcast »

Bronn chuckles, and drops into the sewers.
Silence
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Silence »

RT shrugs, any other expression lost under the fabric. She looks once back their trail before following Bronn downwards into the dark and stench.
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Jebeddo gives a final sigh of resignation and hops through the hole and into the sewers below. Cole follows after the gnome druid and pulls the grate back in place with his good arm.

Looking around the stench-ridden tunnel, Jebeddo pulls out a handkerchief and covers his nose. His race being born and breed in dark forests and tunnels beneath the ground made it easy for him to see in the dark depths. He noticed that Bronn also seemed to have little problem seeing clearly despite the darkness. The human female, RT, didn't seem to see as clearly, but her other senses compensated enough to keep it from being much of a problem. Cole seemed to be the only one of the four that could not easily see.

"Which way do we start?" Jebbedo asked as he looked at the tunnel stretch several hundred feet to both the east and the west before connecting with an intersection. The stone walls were bare except for some moss and filth that clung to the sides. The only real distinguishing features were the ladder leading up and the water flowing toward the eastern intersection.
Silence
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Silence »

RT's eyes still smart every time she inhales but the stench is less bad and she can avoid most of the nastiness on the ground now. She shrugs to Jebeddo's question and faces towards Cole for an answer. As she turns, she looks up at the grate and then around the sewer noticing the sheer monotony of the place and wondering if it matered which exit they left from eventually.
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Cole pulls out a small amber gem that loosely dangles from a silver chain. Placing it around his neck, he whispers a short phrase of arcane words to activate the gem. A red flame dances within the depths of the amber, and the gem begins to glow warmly and brightly within a few seconds.

Cole takes a few moments to look around the tunnel. Nodding toward the west, the ex-kargat speaks to the others. "I would suggest that we start heading west. First, we will be moving away from the collection area for the sewers. Second, I doubt that the spy, Invidian or not, would make his camp in the smelliest section of the sewer. I am figuring that he has found a relatively clean and dry place to hide."
Shadowcast
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Shadowcast »

Bronn smiled under the bandana that covered the lower half of his face.

"So lead on, fearless leader." As he spoke, he drew his longsword silently.
Cole Deschain
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cole Deschain »

"Fine. First and foremost, does anybody have anything to mark our path with? I'd hate us to be wandering around in filthy circles."
Shadowcast
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Shadowcast »

Bronn shrugged.

"I didn't bring more then my clothes and my blades."
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Jebbedo searches through his pockets, but his hands come out empty. "I'm afraid that I didn't consider bringing anything like that as well. I've got a dagger and a few berries, but that is about all I have with me."

Looking around the sewer, Jebbedo tries to see if there is anything nearby. Unfortunately, the sewer is mostly bare of anything besides the water and filth.
Cole Deschain
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cole Deschain »

Cole goes through his pockets, mentally cursing himself for having not thought of the matter himself...

"I usually carry some chalk, but I'm not finding it in the immediate frame of reference... RT?"