A halfling walks in the alleys (2)

The Halfling campaign
Silence
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Silence »

RT shakes her head and shrugs. With a second thought she runs her fingers along the wall until they catch on a rough spot. Crouching down she makes to rip a loose thread off the hem of her pants put thinks better of it and looks at Cole.

We could catch thread on the wall but white threads will show up better than mine.

Looking at her clothing, it is clear that she is right. Nothing she is wearing is made of any color strong enough to stand out against the dirty surface.
If love is blind why is lingerie so popular?
Cole Deschain
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cole Deschain »

With a grimace, Cole regards Longtooth...

This is going to be rough on you, I'm afraid.

"I guess this'll have to do."

The ex-Kargat brings the dagger to bear on the mossy stone of the wall, carving a Darkonian rune into its surface with the magical dagger. He grimaces as he reagards his weapon.

"Remind me to look up a whetstone whne we get back..."
Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by,
That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.
Shadowcast
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Shadowcast »

Bronn smiles.

"If you're really that concerned, I carry one with me."
"I see. You think you're clever. But are you more clever then Jesus?"
"Well, I did do rather nicely on my SATs. . ."
Silence
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Silence »

Do you really want to stop in this filth?

RT looks like the thought of stopping at this point offends multiple sense, most especially her sense of smell.
Cole Deschain
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cole Deschain »

"No. Let's get a move on"

Cole sets off into the muck, seeming very much in his element.
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

Jebbedo quickly falls in step behind Cole. It is fairly obvious to anyone watching that the gnome is not in his element in these sewers. Being a druid, these man-made tunnels for the filth of civilization do not offer him much comfort. Plus, the horrid odor greatly offends his very sensitive gnome nose.

Pulling a handkerchief from a pocket, Jebbedo covers his nose and mouth in an attempt to block the worst of the foul stench. The small streams of tears show that his efforts are barely above being fruitless.
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
Cole Deschain
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cole Deschain »

Every fifteen feet or so, Cole takes a second to scratch the mark and adds a number to each scratch... It's obvious he doesn't just want to know where they've been, but when. The stone casts its radience, illuminating the dank tunnels perhaps a little too well... until suddenly, the light (and, of course, the Darkonian wearing it) disappear under the muck with alarming rapidity. The mostly-liquid filth churns, and the glow of the stone is still visible, however faintly, from under the mire...
Silence
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Silence »

Well.

RT looks closely at the spot Cole disapeared for a moment before pulling out a rope and handing one end to Bronn. She looks again at the filth, shaking her head before taking a few steps towards it. Quickly turning back she glances at her two companions.

If I tug at it in some sort of pattern, follow. Otherwise, I hope I'll find Cole and get out of this quickly.

With that she finishes the knot at her waist, leaving enough tail to tie a second person on if necessary, and wades carefully towards where Cole went through.
Cole Deschain
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cole Deschain »

The water continues frothing, although the sound of disturbed sewage is all that can be heard.

The smell, of course, is real eye-opener.
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Jebbedo squints his eyes as he tries to cover his nose more fully with his handkerchief. At the same time, he grabs a hold of the rope and helps Bronn keep a grip on it.

"I'm grateful that it is her and not me," Jebbedo says from beneath his kerchief to Bronn as they watch the lithe woman begins to wade deeper into the water.
Shadowcast
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Shadowcast »

Bronn makes sure he has a firm grip on the rope, and glances around for anything to hand onto to secure himself further. He knew that if it was up to him to pull them out, it would come in useful.
"I see. You think you're clever. But are you more clever then Jesus?"
"Well, I did do rather nicely on my SATs. . ."
Silence
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Silence »

RT, overhearing Jebbedo's comment, turns her head towards them

I thought about throwing you in after him but decided against it.

it is hard to tell at first if she is joking but a flicker of her usual smile curves her lips before she completely turns her back. She reaches up with one hand to brush a stray wisp of hair out of her eyes before her feet find the hole Cole went through.
Cole Deschain
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cole Deschain »

As RT descends into the murk, she soon discovers that Cole has disappeared into something that is not so much a hole as a depression, and that he didn't fall- he was dragged down. even through the disgusting sludge that surrounds her, she can dimly make out swirling movement as the bard and his unseen assailant struggle.
Silence
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Silence »

RT mentally cursing her left arm, or lack there-of, she forcefully plunges deeper. Without being able to hold onto both rope and weapon, she opts for the rope and the quick in-and-out tactic, hoping Cole's own handicap won't slow down his ability to both grab and fight. She slows as she pulls nearer to him, trying ot see the best angle to get to him and not the lurker that pulled him in.
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Not completely sure if she had been joking or not, Jebbedo decides that it is in his best interest not to respond to RT's remark. Instead, he shuffles his feet slightly and steadies himself with the rope in hand. The idea of becoming a larger animal comes to his mind, but the gnome figures that Bronn should be able to handle anything for at least the first few seconds. If he needed to become an ox or mule, then there should be time to do so.

As RT probes the waters, another idea comes to the gnome druid's mind. He could become a fish or frog and explore the depths of the sewer waters. Then again, he would have to swim around in the filth to do so...

Shaking his head, Jebbedo looks over and watches.