A halfling walks in the alleys (2)

The Halfling campaign
Cole Deschain
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cole Deschain »

Cole strikes at his attacker repeatedly, utterly unaware of RT's presence under the murk... He can feel tentacles lashing about his body, even as a decidely reptilian snout tries to chew on him...
Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by,
That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.
Silence
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Silence »

RT propels herself closer to Cole playing out the rope behind her. The stench of hte muck doesn't bother her now but the lack of oxygen is beginning to make her lungs ache. She kicks out one foot and catches it under Cole's bad arm. She pulls upward drawing down on the rope at the same time and hoping he won't think her another attacker.
If love is blind why is lingerie so popular?
Cole Deschain
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cole Deschain »

Cole registers RT's hand as something human mere seconds before he would've plunged a knife into it... His attacker refuses to let go, but with the combined strength being exerted, the creature begins to rise to the surface, still trying to make a meal of the Darkonian.
Shadowcast
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Shadowcast »

Bronn, feeling pulling on the rope, braces his feet and pulls with all of his considerable might, trying to pull RT and Cole free. . .
"I see. You think you're clever. But are you more clever then Jesus?"
"Well, I did do rather nicely on my SATs. . ."
Cole Deschain
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cole Deschain »

RT's head is the first to break the surface, the taciturn warrior drawing a deep breath of the rank air of the sewer. Not far behind is Cole, bleeding from several wounds and obviosuly in a great deal of pain. Tentacles can be seen wrapped about his body, and the bulk of his unseen assailant can be dimly made out through the muck...
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

Jebbedo gasps audibly as the tentacled monstrosity can barely be seen beneath the surface of the fetid water. The gnome druid had seen a lot in his many years of life and traveling, but there was nothing natural about this creature. A fiendishly spawned abomination? Some sort of magical mutation? He couldn’t quite tell, and his mind had difficulty wrapping around the concept.

His jaw slack and sagging, Jebbedo nearly fell backwards as Bronn began tugging on the rope.
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
Silence
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Silence »

As soon as RT's can feel the ground she begins scrambling backwards half swimming half hopping away from the deeps. She forcibly drags Cole with her by pulling on the rope.
Cole Deschain
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cole Deschain »

RT makes some headway, but the creature does not release the Darkonian... In the hazy light thrown by the stone around Cole's neck, the others can see that it resembles an oversized alligator, with a halo of tentacles in a ring about its neck. It has no eyes, and doesn't seem to notice any of the light sources...
Shadowcast
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Shadowcast »

Bronn swears when he sees the creature and redoubles his efforts.
Cole Deschain
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cole Deschain »

For his part, now that he isn't concerned with holding his breath, Cole sheathes his weapons and starts trying to work out a suitable spell for the occasion- the creature doesn;t seem too distrubed by teh situation, simply trying about as hard as it has been to drag the Darkonaina back under.
Grug the Caliban
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Grug the Caliban »

OOC: Yay!! I'm back.

IC: Jebeddo also prepares a spell to cast. Hoping that he can calm long enough for everyone to escape.

"If he lets go, run. It might not last long."
Silence
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Silence »

Oh I thought I'd stand and wait for it to come back.

RT's attention is entirely on the creature before her and in not tangling her rapier with the rope. Once Cole sheaths his own weapon she shoves the rope at him, hoping that he can both hold it and play with his magic while she tries to detach bits of the creature from bits of Cole.
Cole Deschain
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Cole Deschain »

Cole manages to get off a fairly simple spell, darts of magical energy leaping from his hands and striking the odd monster unerringly. Unfortunately, the spell doesn't appear to do any damage, and the creature doesn't seem to to notice. Snarling a few choice obscenities, the Darkonian resumes kicking at anything he can get his boots to, while holding on for dear life.
Shadowcast
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Shadowcast »

Bronn cursed under his breath and looked around for a place to secure the rope so he could attack the creature himself. . .
Silence
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Silence »

RT abruptly stumbles forward a tentacle wrpped around one thigh. As she shifts her balance to compensate she swings her single blade in a downward arc slashing through the tip of its tentacle and spraying bits of monster ooze across her torso. The upswing of her blade catches the ide of another tentacle, causing it to jerk back in reflexive pain. She takes two quick steps backwards once again clearing her hips of the sewage.