Next netbook from the Fraternity

Discussions on the Fraternity netbooks

Which project would you like to see in the next netbook?

Fearful Fables: Local legends and the creatures that spawned them
34%
What lurks beneath: Horrors of the Ravenloft underdark
22%
Gangs of Nartok: criminal operations throughout the core
15%
Secrets man was not meant to know: Mad scientists and their monstrocities
25%
Other: Please discuss below
3%

Total votes: 67

Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

RL is not so much high-level, but low level gaming that most campaigns enjoy more with a cabin full of Zombies than with a world-devastating event.
So *fables* has a great potential... *thinks of the famous adventure called The Mill Witch*

:soth:
The Nightmare Man
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Nightmare Man »

Desdichado wrote::) Very interesting... Got some few ideas on that topics for myself... Maybe on another occasion... The E A Poe project is more important to me right now. :wink:

Oh yeah... How could I have forgotten :oops:.

If I can manage it, I'll try and contribute to both, but I'm more than focused on working into Des's E A Poe project right now.
"When she embraces
Your heart turns to stone
She comes at night when you are all alone
And when she whispers
Your blood shall run cold
You better hide before she finds you"
-- [i]Ice Queen[/i], Within Temptation
Le Noir Faineant

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

The Nightmare Man wrote: Oh yeah... How could I have forgotten :oops:.

If I can manage it, I'll try and contribute to both, but I'm more than focused on working into Des's E A Poe project right now.
:lol: I am proud to have you aboard, my friend!

Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

So I guess it's Fearful Fables by a clear lead.

What's the submission dead line?
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Remember, its not quite that simple- we can do just about everything on that list. The idea is for interested parties to create something and to compile the entries into an article in the October QtR!

In any case, I might propose the following format for entries to the Fearful Fables article:

1) A short fable. This could be intro-fiction, or somethign else to describe a local story from some community in Ravenloft. This could be something like an urban legend, or perhaps more like a faery tale. Stories should incorporate some sort of monster/villian and end with a moral. Ex: children shouldn't wander in the woods, or never cry wolf, or something like that.
2) The creature stats. This is the creature/villian behind the story. Could be an original monster, or perhaps a character with class levels, or perhaps just the stats on a monster with a template. Ex; a regular wolf with the fiendish template could terrorize sheppards in Mordent.
Keep in mind the Folkloric template from Van Richten's Guide to the Shadow Fey would make an excellent addition to creatures and character.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

I've been tied up recently with illness, new job and a variety of other things. But my idea is still written down so I do intend on submitting it.

As I may have stated elsewhere it will be a write up of the quabal of PRIME (my own take on the organisation). It will include some rules and such concerning their mission and by products of it.

I was even thinking for another article (being a secondary objective) regarding d20 Future or Modern Ravenloft things. But I doubt it would be ready for submission for this article.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

Post by A G Thing »

No suprise I guess but Fearful Fables is my pick even though the other options are so very appealing... Of course I don't even know truly how old this post is (Or for that matter if the project is finished already) but hey. Might as well hit it up while I can!
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."
Twin Agate Dragons
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Twin Agate Dragons »

The Nightmare Man wrote:...but I'm more than focused on working into Des's E A Poe project right now.
What's this?
[url=http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6410]Ravenloft - The Dreull Lands[/url] | [url=http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6413]Recent Updates[/url]
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

I went with the Mad Scientists, for one thing it would probably include some neat cursed artifacts with them.