More Gaz please.

Discussions on the Fraternity netbooks

Would you would prefer having more gazetteers to other netbooks?

yes
74%
no
26%

Total votes: 23

Scarycount
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

More Gaz please.

Post by Scarycount »

The Scourange gazetteer is great. Are there going to be any more of these, or do I have to make up all that detail about everything except the landlocked core and scourange myself?
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

Yes, there are going to be more. In fact, another gaz (Zerstria Cluster) is currently being edited.
Malus Black
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Malus Black »

Incidentally, the poll is worded quite awkwardly. "Do you want more gazetteers" would probably be better, as people usually answer "yes" when they're positive, while in your poll they have to answer "no." Confusion ensues.
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream

-Edgar Allan Poe
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

The Report on Zherisian has been edited and is now being formatted as a .pdf to be available as soon as possible. Still a few weeks as it is a BIG file.

We will continue to explore the Mists but we will continue to do other netbooks.
Scarycount
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Scarycount »

Malus Black wrote:Incidentally, the poll is worded quite awkwardly. "Do you want more gazetteers" would probably be better, as people usually answer "yes" when they're positive, while in your poll they have to answer "no." Confusion ensues.
My sincerest apologies.
Scarycount
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Scarycount »

I heard about this non-canon domain in this cluster. Will the Gaz include this? Is it being changed to a canon domain? Who decides what's canon anyway? :?
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

What domain are you talking about? The Zherisian cluster is Paridon and Timor.
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

Yeah, the only potentially non-canon idea was to add Nosos to the Zherisian cluster. Note that Nosos is a canon domain (detailed in Islands of Terror), but has never been part of a cluster. It was always an island, heavily overdeveloped and coated in pollution, basically your nightmare Industrial Revolution town.

Anyway, if that's what you meant, then no, Nosos wasn't added to the Zherisian cluster. It's still just Paridon and Timor.

(Unwanted note: I really think Nosos should have been added... "The Shining Bay" cluster really would have rocked)
My name is lost to me
I know not who I am
And I await the crimson fires
That'll wash this world away!
- Wolfbait, "In My Lonely Time Of Dying"
Jester of the FoS

Post by Jester of the FoS »

I was for Shining Bay.
In fact, my original proposal for moving the Fraternity was to send them to Shining Bay and follow up with a Gaz there. I was voted down and we went with Sourange.
Scarycount
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Scarycount »

This is good to know. What about my other question, about who decides what's canon?
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Scarycount wrote:Is it being changed to a canon domain? Who decides what's canon anyway? :?
When the people who own the line publish a book (in this case, that'd be Wizards of the Coast) that book is canon, unless and until some book published later supersedes it. Therefore, nothing the FoS puts out is canon, unless we could somehow wangle "official Ravenloft website" status from WotC. They don't seem too enthused about doing that, so we just attempt to produce work that is a) consistent with previous canon, and b) of high enough quality to merit future writers (not to mention DMs!) using it as a basis for further development of the setting.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

I'd also been impressed by ScS's Shining Bay cluster, and had also hoped to get it into the coming Gaz. Ah well, at least we've got a Mistway connecting them, and DM's are always free to add Nosos into the cluster or not. :)
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Gwenfloor
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Gwenfloor »

The Souragne Gaz. is good enough to be an official product. I would be pleased to see another one come out.
"Deities are no more than mortals with supernatural powers, and thus are capable of making mistakes."
~Alper, Kobold Alchemist in my Ravenloft Campaign
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Gwenfloor wrote:The Souragne Gaz. is good enough to be an official product. I would be pleased to see another one come out.
Hey thanks! It was fun doing it, and I'm very proud the final result is pretty good. All the team should get the praise for that one.

Now wait till you see the Zherisia report. This one will be very good too :)

---

And we've announced today we are going toward the Nocturnal Sea domains. If it works well, we might do both sea at once. It depends on fan reactions and the cool ideas that will be submitted :)

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Jonathan Winters »

To reiterate what Gwenfloor said Joël (& Fos).

I forget if I told you directly or wrote it on the boards when it came out, but to me, the Souragne gaz had the quality level of professional work. It's right up there with Champs of Darkness.

I couldn't help it. :)

It's just as good as the official Gaz series.

Patrick