Looking to the Future...

Discussions on the Fraternity netbooks
nothri
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Looking to the Future...

Post by nothri »

A quick question for the Fraternity. Could we perhaps start flexing our creative muscles for projects that are not yet on the horizon, brainstorming and discussing future netbooks and gazeteers and the like, what works and doesn't work for domains or VR guides and so on? Any harm in doing so now?
I'm just a ghost in this house.
Joël of the FoS

Re: Looking to the Future...

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Not at all, we always want feedback for past work, as well as more info on what people want!

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Has anyone done any work of the Time of Unparalelled[sp] Darkness?
The Wolfman
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by The Wolfman »

So...are there any plans for new netbooks?

As a reader or said netbooks, I'd love to see more about the religions of the Core. I'd also like to see things on Bleutspur and Nidala. I'm willing to help, but I'm not sure where to begin. I'm better at writing when I can bounce ideas off people.

I would also like to offer my services as an editor. While your netbooks are good, I feel they really need to be smoothed out quite a bit.
My gaming blog, including my Ravenloft stuff: http://wolf-were.dreamwidth.org
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

The Wolfman wrote:So...are there any plans for new netbooks?
Work continues on the Sea of Sorrows Gazetteer. Plus something super-secret is in the works. (Don't ask! I'm not even supposed to say this much! It's super-secret! Don't let any of the other FoS know I blabbed. They'll send Drusilla and Socko after me!) Plus, Quoth the Raven 2011 is looking for submissions.

That's all we have on the horizon for now. But any suggestions are always welcome.
As a reader or said netbooks, I'd love to see more about the religions of the Core. I'd also like to see things on Bleutspur and Nidala. I'm willing to help, but I'm not sure where to begin. I'm better at writing when I can bounce ideas off people.
Nidala's a common request (I was usually the one doing the requesting, though now that my campaign finally got there and is leaving there shortly, I'm not clamoring for a Nidala Gazetteer as I once did. :) ). If you're interested in Bluetspur, make sure you check out Mangrum's previous work on the subject if you haven't already. ("The Realms Beyond" from the Book of Souls, and "The Man who Lost his Mind" from The Forgotten Children.) A religions of the core book would be great, I agree, something that was always lacking in the published line, IMHO, though again Mangrum has touched on this as well, with the awesome "Anchors of Faith" from the Book of Secrets. That article could be dropped right in as the Ezra chapter of such a book, if it were to exist. :)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
The Wolfman
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by The Wolfman »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:
The Wolfman wrote:So...are there any plans for new netbooks?
Work continues on the Sea of Sorrows Gazetteer. Plus something super-secret is in the works. (Don't ask! I'm not even supposed to say this much! It's super-secret! Don't let any of the other FoS know I blabbed. They'll send Drusilla and Socko after me!) Plus, Quoth the Raven 2011 is looking for submissions.
Unfortunately, I play GURPS and have pretty much forgotten everything about how to play D&D. Also, I make so many changes to the game, I doubt that I'd be able to stick to canon for a book. But we'll see. :)
My gaming blog, including my Ravenloft stuff: http://wolf-were.dreamwidth.org
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

The Wolfman wrote:Unfortunately, I play GURPS and have pretty much forgotten everything about how to play D&D. Also, I make so many changes to the game, I doubt that I'd be able to stick to canon for a book. But we'll see. :)
Psst...
What D&D edition?

We accept articles from all D&D editions. We do not really care which D&D system you are using, since we believe the most important thing is the flavor text, not the mechanics.

So we accept:

- D&D 1st edition, 2nd ed., 3.0 ed., 3,5 ed., and of course 4th edition
- Paizo's Pathfinder’s system
- New: but also other system like Gurps’s, etc.
And alterations to canon are also welcome, I'd imagine.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Rudolf Weathermay
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Rudolf Weathermay »

More information about Rokushima Taiyoo, Saragoss and the wildlands is also appreciated. :D
herkles
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by herkles »

I wonder if the people here would mind if I worked on a netbook for sri raji and some other domains that have not gotten a gazetter section?
Rudolf Weathermay
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

no problem. if you need help for jungle surviving tips. I saw a few nice documentaries about the concept.

I'm wondering if the nocturnal sea gazetteer is still in process too.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

herkles wrote:I wonder if the people here would mind if I worked on a netbook for sri raji and some other domains that have not gotten a gazetter section?
Not at all. That's how our Zherisia Gazetteer got started. Some fans got together and started working on it, and then we just facilitated and hosted it.

Rudolf Weathermay wrote:I'm wondering if the nocturnal sea gazetteer is still in process too.
I assume you mean the Sea of Sorrows (the NSGaz was already published). And yes, we're actively working on it. We don't have a firm release date yet, but based on current progress I would expect it will be done sometime early/mid 2012.
herkles
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by herkles »

@rudolf that would be great. I have I think a generic d20 book that covers wilderness stuff and has a section on jungles so I can use that. Though I will admit I am not the best when it comes to stats/game mechanics. I would need some assistance/aid when it comes to game mechanics.

or perhaps it might be better to keep things game/edition neutral? that way people can plug in the game of their choice in.
Rudolf Weathermay
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

The story is more important than te rules, but I can give it a try to help ya with the rules. If you are planning to start you can just sent me a PM. Like I told earlier English is not my prime language, so there is a possibility you have to make the text more fluently :-)