Sri Raji Gazetteer

Discussions on the Fraternity netbooks
Rudolf Weathermay
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Sri Raji Gazetteer

Post by Rudolf Weathermay »

I started a new topic to discuss this matter. Herkles made a post to ask if it was a good idea to make a gazetteer of Sri Raji. I liked the idea and I'm willing to assist him. However , I'm wondering if it is not better to make a fraternity gazetteer of the The Verduous Lands. Instead of Sri Raji, we have also the wildlands & Saragoss. 2 small domains with only a brief canon description in a second edition book. Is it okey if we start next month on this project? If someone else is interested in helping , volunteer here :D

ooc: i found this information too. is it cannon?

The Verduous Lands cluster does not have a moon with potentially interesting consequences for lycanthropes having some part of the lunar cycle as their trigger condition. Equally, there should be no tides.
herkles
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Sri Raji Gazetteer

Post by herkles »

Yea it is canon, it is mentioned in the web of illusion adventure path that takes place in sri raji. now the tide thing I am not sure about but it is a possible effect.
herkles
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by herkles »

Those willing to help with this project, are welcome btw, just contact me or Rudolf. I do have a legal question, is it fine with using artwork that is on wikipedia commons which is afaik follows fair use laws?
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Fair use means something different, but yes, generally speaking the stuff on wikimedia commons is free to reuse. But each picture has its own restrictions on how it can be reused. I advise you to check the license info on each picture you plan to use and follow the restrictions given. It may be as simple as properly attributing the picture to the person who made it.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
herkles
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by herkles »

alright thanks for that; also those intrested feel free to let either myself or Rudolf know. :)
Rudolf Weathermay
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

ideas, story hooks, etc. are also appreciated. If someone has an idea but does not want really work on the project just sent us a PM or so.

Saragoss -- PM rudolf Weathermay
Sri Raji-- PM Herkles
Wildlands -- rudolf or herkles.
Goose Bone
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Goose Bone »

I think It's a very good idea:]
BTW, I'm still thinkin' about "Eberron" domain... Maby it sounds stupid for someone, but theres a few persons, races,creatures and places that could be easily use as a domain or dark lord... And there are Darklords from almost all other worlds, but not from there...
Nui adevarat! Si eu pot sa iubesc si osa iubesc... Din nou...
Rudolf Weathermay
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I'm not really familiar with the world of eberonn. I just know there exist some kind of playabel dobbleganger (changeling?) and ironforged "robots". :D
Goose Bone
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Goose Bone »

Well... In 3,5 changelings were a truebreed hybrid between human and "true" doppelgangers. In 4e doppelganger is just a local, sometimes mild-offensive synonymus of the changeling. In world of Eberron theres so many changelings, that in the end most of nations just have to accept they simply exist among other races... And those "robots", called warforged, are sentient kind of constructs (in fact - super-advanced created...), that was first created mostly to fight a smokin' big army of undeads;) (and other not the nicest things too...) I remember Jester suggest in his 4e RL adaptation, that they may appear in some domains... Changelings was even mentioned in the Zherisia Gazetter.
But I think It is no place to talk about all this thing (maby I create topic dedicated to this case), cause its place to talk abour Sri Raji, so - sorry for this little offtopic...;)
herkles
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by herkles »

this project is still active! so anyone willing to assist please let me know :)
Goose Bone
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Goose Bone »

I want.
Rudolf Weathermay
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

nice one. at the moment we had a break but we are going to work further on this projec ofcourse. ask the admin to get access to the private forum of the steaming land gazetteer. However keep in mind to read the stuff first before adding new things :) . there is A LOT to read :p
Goose Bone
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Goose Bone »

Yes sir! Immediately sir! o7
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

A great Domain. I always thought. One of my most successful Ravenloft adventures utilized all three domains in the cluster. They fit well together.
Nemesio
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Nemesio »

Let me know if you are looking for art. :)