Returning to FoS - Submission Question

Discussions on the Fraternity netbooks
Eric the Light Bringer
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Returning to FoS - Submission Question

Post by Eric the Light Bringer »

Hi there,

I joined the FoS a number of years ago, i was lucky enough to have an article about the Cult of the Morninglord I submitted published in the QtR (#15) but unfortunately real life hit me hard right afterwards and I was unable to continue participating in the FoS.

I enjoyed this site very much and I am hoping I can return now; I have/had more ideas about the Cult to submit to the FoS as well as some other topics.

I am writing under this topic as I was going through the FoS Netbook Guidelines and they appear not to have been updated since last I was an active member. Personally I have converted to Pathfinder, I have never seen or touched anything involving 4th Ed. including anything Ravenloft.

I’m guessing that that submission guidelines still stand? How does PF fit into the guidelines? I have seen mention to PF material in the message boards (like the Advanced Players Guide classes) but can you reference PF in your submissions? And is the preference still for 3.0/3.5 ed.?

None but a coward dares to boast that he has never known fear.

Ferdinand Foch, French general

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Edmund Burke, Irish orator, philosopher, & politician
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Returning to FoS - Submission Question

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Hi! And welcome Back. Our submission guidelines are unchanged, but we are officially edition agnostic. PF, 4e, 3e, 2e, other systems, all are welcome.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Joël of the FoS

Re: Returning to FoS - Submission Question

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Indeed! As long as the fluff is good and inspiring, the crunch is less important.

Any good DM worth his weight in dices can convert it to his preferred system.

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)