PbP weekend - Q&A

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Post by Tobias Blackburn »

I like the titles, Joel. Thanks.

I wonder if we should take the characters (Hartly, Kingsley, Crow and all the others) to the roleplaying forum and continue their adventures from there. That's how the original taverners started out, a small adventure expanding to a big one.

What does everyone think?
The Remnants have one saying to represent loss, disappearance, exile, and death. It is [i]Shiao Marests[/i], "Taken by The Shadows".
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

@ Tobias and Joel: Yes! YES! :D

@ Rotipher: would there be any chance at all of us running into Crow again in future if we do continue with our PC's? I was so hoping to finally interact with Crow, beyond, "gosh, I guess we SHOULD leave now..." :x :P
Last edited by Pamela on Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

This experience make me appreciate a lot the pbp game.

Sure, I would join :)

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Though i didn't manage to join I really liked it too. A bit more rules info could have been shared though imho. I had the feeling that a lot was happening off screen.

Another question: If one of the mods would like to share some info I'd like to know what befell Balfour. Perhaps I'll even write an epilogue for him (as I'm currently restatting him with the FoS PrC)...
Last edited by The Giamarga on Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Joël of the Fraternity wrote:Do you like it? We gave new titles to the best roleplayers / those that were there nearly all weekend :)

Llana – Sorority Shadow
Rotipher – Thieving Crow
Moral Machivelli – Rat Blinder
Grey Arcanist – Cold Iron Supplier
Alhoon – Invisible Menace
Tobias Blackburn – Water Bearer

In an effort to cover my fundement, I'd inform you that you can blame David ;)

Seriously, we have to thank David for bringing up the pbp idea weekend and making it work :)

Joël
You can pretty much blame everything on me. While I stole the idea for a Halloween PbP event (possibly from Joël) all the other cool ideas came from me. Including the destruction of the Manoir, splintering of the Fraternity, the titles as a reward, and the closing of the site 'n' boards. ME!

Okay, Nathan was the one who thought his character, van Rijn, would be an excellent traitor and essentially handed us the *perfect* new villian and someone to bounce future metaplot around. And the UOotG and plans for the Doomsday Device were also suggested by someone else. And the sneak-peak at the Author's Notes wasn't me either...
And (at least) half the posting and moderating wasn't done by me due to conflicting work schedual and downed internet.

You know, but other than all that I'm you guy!
Joël of the FoS

Oh, we just poisoned him, with paralysis being the main effect. It's of course temporary and he was evacuated before the blaze.

In game, Van Rijn wanted to neutralize such a grand wizard and influent head of the FoS.

For the mods, we needed a way to put him outside of the combat, because his high level casting skills would have made it much less equilibrated between the two sides.

Also, it was for drama purpose :)

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

Tobias Blackburn wrote:I like the titles, Joel. Thanks.

I wonder if we should take the characters (Hartly, Kingsley, Crow and all the others) to the roleplaying forum and continue their adventures from there. That's how the original taverners started out, a small adventure expanding to a big one.

What does everyone think?
I'd join. If we do this, I'll save my second epilouge peice for it.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Llana wrote:@ Rotipher: would there be any chance at all of us running into Crow again in future if we do continue with our PC's? I was so hoping to finally interact with Crow, beyond, "gosh, I guess we SHOULD leave now..." :x :P
If you've checked out the epilogue I just submitted for Crow, you'll know that he may yet have cause to pop up in the Fraternity's vicinity again -- only when the members least expect him, if he has anything to say about it :wink: -- and that his involvement with the Fraternity of Shadows is far from over. Of course, I'd need a promise that other participants won't confuse player and PC knowledge, and try to get even for his doings at this event... 8)

And FWIW, Crow was originally designed as the chief NPC to get my PCs started on adventures, by popping up with tasks for them to perform or strange items to deliver somewhere or useful information he'd trade for future favors. Basically, I needed some way to link a wide variety of scenarios together -- I was trying to establish a "World Tour of Ravenloft" kind of campaign, where PCs spent a while in each domain and then got drawn to another by some obscure lead or clue -- and Crow became one of the ways I got those leads to the PCs. Having him as a regular NPC also gave the campaign some continuity, to make up for all of the traveling the PCs were doing.

Crow's history, personality, his unique relationship with what he believes to be the Dark Powers (though he never calls them that; he despises them too much to dignify them with such a pretentious title), as well as his lack of memory, are all things that developed over the course of players' wanting to learn a bit more about him, and my wanting to figure out why he would do such suicidal things. There's a lot more to Crow than even he suspects, IMC -- though the REAL truth is probably too campaign-specific to carry well onto this board -- and the secrets revealed in the Epilogue really are, as the bard's "people-sense" tells him when he directs it at himself, just the tip of the iceberg.
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Look's like we'll have to set up a new pbp then. When does everyone think we should start up? When the new mansion is set up?
The Remnants have one saying to represent loss, disappearance, exile, and death. It is [i]Shiao Marests[/i], "Taken by The Shadows".
Joël of the FoS

OOC ;) We are waiting for a few details to make two important announcement.One of them being the (hotter) place where the FoS landed ...

Joël
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Joël of the Fraternity wrote:OOC ;) We are waiting for a few details to make two important announcement.One of them being the (hotter) place where the FoS landed ...

Joël
Hotter than a burning building? :?

Amber Wastes, Valachan, or the Sun!
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Please tell me it's not Souragne. :shock:

I just finished your epilogue, Rotipher. Excellent job, even if you did malign the 'good guys'. :P If Crow can't be a regular PC, will you consider creating another for the occasion?

And good idea about saving the second epilogue, Moral. We'll wait for the new announcements, figure out who else would like to join, and then just take it from there. :D
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
maraudar
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by maraudar »

I'd definately like to join when it continues.

Maraudar
Blade, fire, pistol or stake it matters not.. Even the undead can become true dead.
Joël of the FoS

Llana wrote:Please tell me it's not Souragne. :shock:
Oh ? Why ?

;)
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Joël of the Fraternity wrote:
Llana wrote:Please tell me it's not Souragne. :shock:
Oh ? Why ?

;)
A group with double the reasons to hate undead basing themselves in the Sourgane swamps? No reason to be paranoid.

Of course, if you're also preparing yourself to deal with undead, I can't think of a better place to be.