Join us for our Halloween celebration
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Noooooo! *bangs head against computer keyboard*

Why am I cursed with the Sight?! Why?!

:P
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Maximillian
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Maximillian »

Cursed... Blessed... Semantics really. :wink: I really hate hot and humid environments, not to mention the bugs, especially those blood-sucking fiends, the mosquitoes, but it will suffice for the time being I guess. :roll:
OI!!! Don't call me tall, you f@$%&£* midgets!!!
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

So, where and when do we restart the game? Shall we have a meeting in Souragne to make up for the disastrous one we last attended? And if it's there, how long after the fire?

Enquiring minds want to know! :P
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Tobias Blackburn
Water Bearer
Water Bearer

Post by Tobias Blackburn »

I think that we should probably start up in Sourgane, possibly having helped the house get set up. I think it would be a month or two down the road, giving the characters some time to rest, recuperate, and regroup. Other than that, we'll have to see where it leads us. :wink:
The Remnants have one saying to represent loss, disappearance, exile, and death. It is [i]Shiao Marests[/i], "Taken by The Shadows".
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

I guess another important question is who will be DMing? David, shall you be continuing? (Please say yes! :P)

Will Mayhew Donovan and Jeffery Terrence's PCs have to be put on hold or is there going to be an attempt to keep on having two sides in play? I think it would be intriguing if it could be done, but I've also seen from former games the danger of metagaming. PC's suddenly develop omniscience and miraculously guess what the other side is up to. :roll:
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Actually, we split the DMing several ways; roughly two-thirds of Erik van Rijn's posts were written by yours truly. (Van Rijn is my alter ego, so I got the fun of running him, but since he was so important to the action we decided to have him be accessible to all the Fraternity--that is, the out-of-game Fraternity--so we could keep the pot stirring. David and Joel were his other principle puppetmasters.)

I was planning on using cut scenes every so often to show what van Rijn is doing, but I don't think he or his representatives will be interacting much with the surviving Fraternity members for a while yet.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Totally random note--I chose the "ring and skull" avatar in anticipation of precisely this occasion. I've been planning to have Erik van Rijn become a lich since the framing fiction for the USS 2001.
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Ah, my apologies then, and a thank you to Joel and Nathan! *raises wine glass in toast*
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Nathan of the Frat wrote:Totally random note--I chose the "ring and skull" avatar in anticipation of precisely this occasion. I've been planning to have Erik van Rijn become a lich since the framing fiction for the USS 2001.
Really? Have you imagined back then that the transformation would be covered in a on-line game with other members and not in a few pages in a USS?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

alhoon wrote:
Nathan of the Frat wrote:Totally random note--I chose the "ring and skull" avatar in anticipation of precisely this occasion. I've been planning to have Erik van Rijn become a lich since the framing fiction for the USS 2001.
Really? Have you imagined back then that the transformation would be covered in a on-line game with other members and not in a few pages in a USS?
Nope. I was actually planning on using it as a metaplot device in case I ever had to leave the (real-world) Fraternity, but I always thought it would appear as framing fiction for a USS or some such.
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

If the new game is set in 2 months time, can I have Buchvold advance a level in the FoS Prestige Class? He would have given the lecture he was talking about (to start with) then, and it was the one which would have assured his promotion to Honoured Brother. That's why he started off trying to recruit people for it.
Last edited by Moral Machivelli on Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

So for those wishing to join, what are the character rules? (level, class/race restrictions etc).
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Hmm no response yet?

Oh how does the game work? Is there a set DM?
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

Coan wrote:Hmm no response yet?
Since David and Joel haven't had an opportunity to state anything as of yet, I'll try to answer some of these questions while I have a few moments to spare. Unfortunately, since the Fraternity hadn't planned on this adventure to continue after the Halloween weekend, these answers might change or become outdated.
Coan wrote:Oh how does the game work? Is there a set DM?
I would say that this game would work much like the other play-by-post games, which can be found under the other roleplaying boards. Various activities and adventures will be presented over time, and the characters will need to work at reaching the goal.

Obviously, the overall campaign arc will depend upon the DM. However, we don't have anyone chosen to fill that role as of yet. Since the Fraternity moderators have specific plans for the future, I am sure that one (or more) of us will take a leading role in running then action. Yet, we might very well recruit other members to help run various parts as our time is already severely limited.
Coan wrote:So for those wishing to join, what are the character rules? (level, class/race restrictions etc).
Much like the "Evening with the Fraternity," the rules will be pretty informal overall. An emphasis will be placed upon appropriate backgrounds and character details than the specific class and/or level. However, I would recommend staying with the original guidelines of a 5th-10th level character of any Ravenloft approrpriate class.
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

I'm considering to join too, I loke the idea of this campaign. :)

When you decide the DM, please let me know so I can PM him my character.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!