The Library II

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Moral Machivelli wrote:Buchvold goes straight for the Van Richtan's Guides. Scooping all 10 of the books together, he dropes them through the hole to the waiting FoS members bellow.
And to think that I had origanly only anticipated attempting to get people to come to my lecture tonight, he thinks to himself.
OOC quibble: Actually, since Crow started out in the Restricted section when we began salvaging the books, I'm sure he'd gotten those already. So maybe Buchvold rescues their DSS collection, instead? ;-D
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

OOC You mean USS. And Yes .I've just changed it.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

OOC: D'oh! :oops:

Also OOC: Hey, David, any guesses how much longer our PCs will have before the stacks are all blazing and we have to flee the Manor? I'd assume a library full of flaming rats isn't going to hold up for long! And are the Manor's wards still up? What do those do, anyway?
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Buchvold Looks around. The libery seemed to have been plunderd quite eficiantly. Many texts had been removed.

"Alright Gentalmen. One last lode, and then we should be off" The Borcan grabs a case filed with enteries of new breads of Creatures from across the Core and jumpes down the hole into the Dining Room. The three remaining FoS Guards follow him.
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

The walls closest to the doorway are already ablaze and the fire threatens to spread quickly. You guess you have only a couple minutes before the smoke grows too thick to breathe.

The defences, while formidible, take some time to activate. Most are designed to prevent the bringing of weapons into the Manoir, with the defences being adjustable from alarm to lethality. However, most of the defences did not take into account a traitor from within.

Likely defences, ones that would take the longest to activate, include formidable illusions, anti-magic effects, and, lastly, a way to prevent the knowledge and artifacts of the Fraternity from falling into the wrong hands.
It is not difficult to guess how they would do that.
[/i]
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

OOC: Rotipher, if these defenses involve solving puzzles, don't hesitate to scream them down to us below to help solve them.

Assuming you need any help, of course. :)
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Crow whirls around the smouldering room, and an ugly thought crosses his mind. Blast it all, there's always something to be remembered at the last minute! He rushes to the hole in the floor and calls down:

"Viktor! Anthony! These books aren't going to blow up on us or erase themselves or something, if we take them off the premises, are they? I know you wouldn't have left them without protection against theft! And I think we've had enough surprises for one night, so how do we deactivate the collection's own security? Some of the poor blighters we've got hauling books aren't even brothers, for gods' sakes, just guests!"

Then, realizing that a battle is going on below, he adds:

"Down there! Anyone! Any man who can use it, try this on the wolfweres!"

And he drops the iron longsword, hilt-first, to the loyalists guarding the doors.
Last edited by Rotipher of the FoS on Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jester of the FoS

Viktor shook his head 'no'.

"We have our defences yes, and some for when all is lost; however, I must regretfully warn you, it is not the books that will be destroyed in the conflagration."
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

"Out with it, man! Even I don't have time for teasing (much) at a time like this!"
Jester of the FoS

"If the Manoir is compromised and there are no more living Brothers within these walls then, to avoid anything valuable from falling into the hands of undesirables, the Manoir itself would explode leaving naught but the foundations." Viktor explains quickly.

"But since our enemy here is van Rijn who, last I saw him at dinner, was alive and, regretfully, a member of our Brotherhood, this should not be an issue. So I did not feel it worth mentioning-"
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

OOC Buchvold has told Crow and Conrad that he thinks Rijin might be a lich. He also told Viktor, thogh there he only said "Transformation".
Just a reminder. :)
"Yes ,they discuss it in some depth. It is a necromantic volume suposidly written by someone known as the "Iron Crown" It has 7 chapters or rites. The soldier, the commander, domminance,obedience,armament, Stratagey" Here the Borcan pauses His face going dethly pale, realizing the full implacations of what he is about to say. "and Immortaliy... In other words lichcraft... Why did we not think of this sooner. All Rijin's talk of immortality, His flesh failing him. He wants to asend to the power of a lich!!!!!"
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Crow boggles. "Would a lich and a traitor qualify as a 'living member'?!", he shrieks to Viktor. "That man isn't one of y- us, anymore!"

DAMN their paranoid minds! To think how many innocent lives they've been risking, every hour of every day, for all this time...

...to perdition with all of these self-serving human vipers, I'm LEAVING! And I'd best take that hapless huntsman Buchvold's been badgering along with me: none of this is his fault.

Crow peers down into the hole again, catches a glimpse of Nathaniel Hawke in the melee, and leaps down into the dining hall as close to the ranger as he can get, his guitar-case swinging heavily across his back from the landing's impact.

OOC: Tumble check, he should be okay dropping like that
Jester of the FoS

Viktor rubs his temples. He was not ready for this.

"No, you are right. If he is now un-dead he would not count. But as long as the rest of us breath it will be a problem and if we no long live then we need not worry about the Manoir."

---

OOC - It's only a 15 foot drop, Crow *should* be able to land without incident.[/i]