OOC: EwtF

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Heh heh. If that post where Helmut tried to catch Kingsley's attention is a good example of his social skills, I doubt if the innkeepers will think very highly of Dorothea's standards... :roll:
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Rotipher of the FoS wrote:Heh heh. If that post where Helmut tried to catch Kingsley's attention is a good example of his social skills, I doubt if the innkeepers will think very highly of Dorothea's standards... :roll:
Very true but then again,does he care?LOL!!!!!! Dorothea doesn't either I am sure, though in all honesty she could have done better,,,,,,what does Crow look like? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Hands off, lady! He's working. :wink:
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

You know the saying.... All work and no play..... yadda yadda yadda!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

I think we need a relationship to our group... :lol:
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

VAN wrote:I think we need a relationship to our group... :lol:
I'm not the one who brought it up --> points finger at Sharon --> Though I did try lazily to see if Crow was interested! BAHAHAHAHAAHHAH! :P
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Since Gertrude is going to be sleeping and thus be particularly boring for the next part of the game, I've decided to add another PC to the game. If it should ever get too difficult to manage both, I'll just have to dump the newbie. :P
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Yippee! Pam's back in the game. :D
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Come on! There must be something of value to Spellcasters in such a cool and dangerous place as the Isle of Ravens. Something like what 3rd-5th lvl adventurers are sent to retrieve that's worthy.

Alas... Draxton will have to resort to the usual "This most rare and fine tea isn't from Sri Raji. In fact it's from the Isle of Ravens! It's said that drinking this mix is one of the reasons for the Lady of Raven's prolonged youth. Through various magical experiments I have discovered that it slows aging by about 25-30%. Think of it! In 40 years you'll be 75 years old. Wouldn't you prefer to be as vigorous as 60 or 65 years old?"
And then proceeds in selling Sri Rajian tea mixed with a couple more things so it tastes and smells differently with a 5000% profit.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

You mean he'd actually go to the trouble and expense of collecting such a longevity-tea from the Isle of Ravens, and not just sell the bogus stuff in the first place? Hey, ol' Draxton's got more of an honest streak than we thought! :lol:
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

alhoon wrote:Come on! There must be something of value to Spellcasters in such a cool and dangerous place as the Isle of Ravens. Something like what 3rd-5th lvl adventurers are sent to retrieve that's worthy.
There could be, I suppose. Dirac wasn't really looking for that kind of thing, so it's not surprising he didn't find it. Obviously, Draxton should make a trip out there to investigate for himself. :lucas:
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Rotipher of the FoS wrote:You mean he'd actually go to the trouble and expense of collecting such a longevity-tea from the Isle of Ravens, and not just sell the bogus stuff in the first place? Hey, ol' Draxton's got more of an honest streak than we thought! :lol:
? ! ? :shock: That's what you thought? That he would routinelly send adventures to a small and dangerous island to get a handful of tea plants that probably can only grow there and not in any of his farms?

1. He would sent others to retrieve some sample
2. He would analyze the sample to see how it tastes and smells
3. Then he would try to find the needed (cheap) ingredients that make a tea smell and taste like that in case anyone knows the real thing!
4. He would keep a small stack of the tea to delude knowledgable people (Like Dirac or the Fathers).

Think: Who would buy such a thing in the first place? Some nobles and... Fraternity brothers. How could Draxton persuade Dirac himself that this "tea" is a real mix and not a scum (which would actually be) ? If Dirac saw the mixture and told: "Hey, the real thing has a more bitter taste and a more sharp smell!" it would damage Draxton's reputation!

On the other hand if Dirac came to a meeting in Draxton's manor and said "Hmmm! Is that the longevity tea I smell brewing? I'll never forget how it smells." It increases the sales.

So more or less: Draxton's not more honest than the average merchant. He's just more sophisticated in his lies. :)
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Actually, I'd assumed he'd just sell the bogus tea to people who'd have no clue what the real stuff ought to look, smell, or taste like. But if he's inclined to cheat customers who might actually catch on -- and to suffer the (probably painful, if it's other FoS members) consequences when they do so -- that's up to Serd. :wink:
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Hey, Nathan, is it okay if I anticipate events a little, and have Crow meet Kingsley for dinner in the "Black Ship" thread? If all that's left to happen this afternoon is Larner answering questions, I might as well keep Pam company over there.

If you think that's not such a good idea (e.g. if Roeccha et al will want to touch base with the bard during the dinner break instead), just tell me he has to stay at the Maison, okay? I won't ask why.

Oh, and Crow's musing about Larner's (nonexistent) ulterior motives in glancing at him was just the spy being overly-paranoid. (Hazard of the profession, y'know? :wink:) I knew it didn't mean anything, but he's prone to scrutinize every least little detail for hidden agendas ... whether there is one or not.
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Rotipher of the FoS wrote:Hey, Nathan, is it okay if I anticipate events a little, and have Crow meet Kingsley for dinner in the "Black Ship" thread? If all that's left to happen this afternoon is Larner answering questions, I might as well keep Pam company over there.
Sure, that's fine. He will be expected to touch base after the afternoon meeting, but we can forego role-playing that; you can just say something about a brief meeting with Roeccha.
Oh, and Crow's musing about Larner's (nonexistent) ulterior motives in glancing at him was just the spy being overly-paranoid. (Hazard of the profession, y'know? :wink:) I knew it didn't mean anything, but he's prone to scrutinize every least little detail for hidden agendas ... whether there is one or not.
Clever fellow, that Crow. Unfortunately, cleverness is almost as likely to get one into trouble as to get one out of it. :lucas:
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena: