OOC: EwtF

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Gyah.

One of the reasons it takes so long for me to post sometimes is the amount of mental energy it takes to figure out what these characters would do having only in-character information. That three-line post took half an hour to write. :misori:
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Nathan, can Draxton deal with some business in the meanwhile? I need about 2-3 months ingame time. So if you plan to have us continue after April, probably October, I would like to have Draxton do some things first.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

If he want a bodyguard I know a good...ehm an evil one! :lol:
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

I know another one too :lucas: :lucas: who is still around actually ;)
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Erm, what DOES Gertrude know about doppelgangers anyway? :?
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Well, their ability to duplicate people and read minds seems to be fairly common knowledge in Paridon. Their ability to modify the appearance of objects (glamer) and their salient abilities aren't, so Kingsley wouldn't necessarily know about these things unless the Zherisian FoS branch has informed her about them. Larner and her other superiors would know of such things, as that's who Crow will be conning much of this information out of, over the summer. :wink:

Presumably the Frat knows about hot-wire blood-testing, since they used a candle to check the blood samples provided by each attendee. If she spent any time thinking about that test, she'd probably have figured it out for herself, or else asked Larner later to satisfy her own curiosity. For that matter, she and Rupert have both probably been tested that way quite often in the past, each time the Paridon cell gathered for a meeting.

The existence of Rings of Mind Shielding as a mental defense would certainly be known to her, as such items are commonly worn by clergy of the DoM nowadays, and she's worked with them so much as part of her studies.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Merci! I didn't think she'd be that much in the know but never really thought about how little (or much) that actually was. :D
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

alhoon wrote:Nathan, can Draxton deal with some business in the meanwhile? I need about 2-3 months ingame time. So if you plan to have us continue after April, probably October, I would like to have Draxton do some things first.
Sure, that's fine.
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Pamela wrote:Erm, what DOES Gertrude know about doppelgangers anyway? :?
What Roti said. :lucas: I think the natural continuation here is a post from you, Pamela, but either way I'll push ahead in a day or so.
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

H'okay.

The way I see it, Crow kinda needs to go back to the Maison, say his (highly edited) version of what happened, get the rumors started, and get Buchvold and Sexton to come back with him. (He may have more conversations than that, of course, but we'll start there. :lucas:) Gertrude and Chicken Bone may have a bit to say to each other, but we can put that in the "evening" thread, too, I think.

So, unless there are objections, tomorrow or Saturday we'll move to the evening.
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Agreed! Warning I might be a little slow in posting; I've got a ripping cold but will do so once my fogged brain permits. :P
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Somebody ate my post on "Evening of April 11th"!

How very trying...I suppose it was accidentally purged in one of our "spambot post" sweeps.

Before I continue, though, I think we ought to consider the question of continuing the campaign (see the "Question" thread).
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Bye all!

Post by alhoon »

Well, this is a note of absence. I'm joining the Greek airforce and for 20 days I won't have internet access. VAN will fill you in for my news. :)
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Good luck again bro!!! :)
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Yeah, good luck, flyboy! :)

Hmm... maybe we should all plan to surprise alhoon with a ready-to-run finale for the campaign, when he returns? We can work out our plans to ambush the doppelganger, OOC (because in-character, it'd probably take months for our PCs to agree on anything, including whether or not the sky is blue :roll: ), and Nathan can get the initial posts for the encounter's description and Chicken Bone's actions prepared.

Once he's back, we can tell alhoon what we've worked out, and he can fit Draxton in wherever -- and on whichever side :twisted: -- he chooses. Granted, this means he won't be in on the basic planning, but the fact we'll actually be set to play again should make up for that. Plus, ol' Serd is the sort of PC who likes to mess with or exploit others' schemes, so coming in at the end will allow him to look for exploitable weaknesses in what our PCs are doing.

Most importantly, it'll give us a deadline -- 20 days from now -- to get this show on the road again. I don't know about you guys, but past experience has proven that I need a deadline to stick with prolonged tasks, particularly at this busy time of the semester.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow