Darson's Stronghouse, Sithicus

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

A note on combat: You guys declare and describe your actions here, and I'll roll the dice and figure out what happens. (For the record, Coan, Hiro rolled a 1 on his Reflex save. Karma owes you one--or, rather, 20.)
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

OOC, isn't there quite a bit of corridor between The Spinrazor, And B & H? Still short enough for the lightning bolt(That's what i intended when I wrote the passage. If you want to change it, ok but it effects what buchvold does next.
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

OOC: I'd say the shredstorm is now at the mouth of the corridor--it hasn't come into the room yet, but if it were a person it could see the whole room.
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

As the whirling combined mass of blades unleashes it's lightning bolt, buchvold casts his spell with all possible haste. With a spir of telekenetic fource, the twin mythrill doors slam shut. In spite of the pressure of the blades, some enchantment allows the door to hold in place... for now.

Buchvold withdraws one of the curitave potions he keeps stopered in the pouch in the belt he wears, roling it to Hiro

OOC the potion is Cure moderate wounds. The enchantment on the door is basicly approximate to it being barred
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

OOC: Since the shredstorm is adamantine, it will deal an average of 10 points of damage to the mithril doors per round and break through in about three rounds. That's 18 seconds for Buchvold and Hiro to act freely. Start your engines, gentlemen. :twisted:
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Buchvold quickly drinks another healing potion, as he makes a run for the door, leveing Hiro to his own devices.
OOC the potion is cure light wounds
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

OOC: There aren't any other exits are there?

IC: Hiro moves uncertainly to his feet. Spinning his long blade across his body he sheaths it in one smooth motion and stands tall. Moving to his discarded long coat he sweeps it on and grabs the vial Raphael had rolled to him. Unhastened he drinks the potion and begins to feel better. Moving towards the door he sighs inwardly as he watches the treasure pass by. He could see several other traps linked to the items and knew he did not have time to disarm any of them.

"He who turns and runs away..." he says in his quietly soft voice before skipping over the dead bodies "Do you have suggestions on what we should do next?" Hiro asks looking at the barred door "Perhaps there are other traps we could use to our advantage? Unless your arts can prevail?"
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

"Oh, don't worry Mr. Hiro," smiles Buchvold "they can and they will..."

As he speakes, the borcan places a small device just in frount of the door and retreats back to his first position

"But a little assistence will help them greatly"

OOCThe device is a trrigered Petard. When the shread storm passes one of it's blades through it it will blow up for 2d6 damage, and stop the shread storm moveing. I would say it is about 5ft in frount of the door
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Moral Machivelli wrote:OOC: The device is a trrigered Petard. When the shread storm passes one of it's blades through it it will blow up for 2d6 damage, and stop the shread storm moveing. I would say it is about 5ft in frount of the door
OOC: I think you mean you hope it will stop the shredstorm from moving. :lucas:

IC: The sound of the shredstorm beating against the mithril doors hisses louder and louder--something like a frantically angry rainstorm against a glass window. It seems to both adventurers that an inhuman voice is shrieking in the whirling of the shredstorm, its words becoming more distinct second by second. It is clear that the shredstorm will soon be in the room with Hiro and Buchvold unless they retreat immediately.

OOC: You have one round of actions before the shredstorm breaks through.
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

"Tempus fugit" whispers buchvold under his breath, as he draws a sleak ebony wand

OOC the shreadstrom would only stop for 1 round if it trigars the Petard. However, thats all the time Buchvold needs. :twisted:
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

OOC: All right, y'all had your chance to run. :twisted:

IC: Suddenly the great doors dissolve and the shredstorm whips through them, throwing itself heedlessly toward Hiro and Buchvold...

And the petard. There is a crack-BOOM! as the petard is triggered and explodes, and the air is filled with shrapnel as the individual blades of the shredstorm fill the air. Both Hiro and Buchvold dive for cover; the wily samurai is more successful, in part because he manages to shield his lower body with Buchvold's torso. The blades of metal, now spread across the room, begin to draw together slowly; whatever the malign force animating the maelstrom of blades may be, it was damaged but not destroyed by the bomb's effect.

OOC: Both Hiro and Buchvold succeeded at Reflex saves (DC 17) to take reduced damage from the shredstorm's shrapnel. Because Hiro has evasion, he takes no damage; Buchvold takes 9 points of damage. Buchvold gained 13 hp from his potion, Hiro gained 12 from his, so Buchvold is at -12 hit points and Hiro is at -35. The shredstorm cannot act this round or next, but anything Buchvold or Hiro does this round will not necessarily affect the whole shredstorm, as it is still re-coalescing into an active form.
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

OOC where are they coming back together? In the place where the petard was?
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

OOC: Yes, the shredstorm is coalescing more or less to the point at which the petard was placed.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

OOC: Not to horn in on you guys' thread, but shouldn't the PCs' hit points in your previous post be positive numbers, Nathan? If they're both deeply into negative hp, I'd assume you wouldn't be asking about their intentions, since the only thing they can do next round is commence decomposing.... :?
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Rotipher wrote:OOC: Not to horn in on you guys' thread, but shouldn't the PCs' hit points in your previous post be positive numbers, Nathan? If they're both deeply into negative hp, I'd assume you wouldn't be asking about their intentions, since the only thing they can do next round is commence decomposing.... :?
That's "negative relative to full strength," not "negative relative to zero." Apologies for any confusion.