Return through the Swamp: Night of April 10th

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Return through the Swamp: Night of April 10th

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

The party assembles themselves again in the boat; Gerard pushes off, and you begin re-tracing your path through the Maison d'Sablet. The rain is heavier now than it was as you were coming, and lightning still occasionally flickers overhead.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

"I don't like this weather. I hope we are free to go back to my homeland soon Dadrag."
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Yes, I prefer to be almost anywhere instead of here! I don't like the humidity and I hate the mosquitos. So, when can we leave land and get to a drier one Draxton?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

"Yes, it does beg the question of if you've learned what you came for and where you're bound next." Hiro says, pouring another bucket overboard
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Spot checks, please!
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

The water roils by the side of the boat as something reaches a pair of webbed and clawed hands upward, groping for the side of the boat before finding a purchase.

OOC: I rolled a 1 on the Hide check. Your lucky day! Everyone who responds may make one standard action before this critter tries to dump you in the drink--offer good for the next 24 hours. :lucas:
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Dadrag is the first who notices the water roiling and the pair of clawed hands. Immediately Dadarg Unsheathes his sword and yells:

"Prepare yourselves! Something is attacking us."

With that the ex-assassin gets his sword with both hands and slalshes at the creature's hands twice.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

VAN wrote:Dadrag is the first who notices the water roiling and the pair of clawed hands. Immediately Dadarg Unsheathes his sword and yells:

"Prepare yourselves! Something is attacking us."

With that the ex-assassin gets his sword with both hands and slalshes at the creature's hands twice.
OOC: Are you sitting? Standing? Kneeling? Keep in mind all of this is happening in a narrow and very crowded boat!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

(Oh, oh...)

Draxton stands casting the first spell that comes to his mind while sitting.

OOC> Do I need to make concentration check?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

alhoon wrote:(Oh, oh...)

Draxton stands casting the first spell that comes to his mind while sitting.

OOC> Do I need to make concentration check?
OOC: Concentration DC 10 (it's not rough water, but it is crowded). I can't believe Draxton would fail that, though, so fire away!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Mastering his senses around him Draxton starts chanting the spell, keeping his balance on the way. After a couple of seconds a black-green energy surrounds his gloved hands. It seems an absence of light mixed with green. Pointing towards the direction of the arms, draxton releases the energy as a ray.

OOC> Ranged touch: AC 17. Concentration 14. Anyone interested to know which spell Draxton used make a spellcraft check... only if you care what he casted though. Nathan will tell you the DC adjusting difficulties for the situation etc.
My DMGuild work!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Immediatley recognising the danger that not only the creature brings but the rash actions of the others, Hiro stands carefully and leaps out of the boat towards the high roots of the nearby mangroves.

He hopes this will give the group room to fight safetly while also reminding them from the boat's rocking that sudden action could tip them over regardless.

With any luck the creature would follow him anyway. He needed room to fight.

Edit: OOC: I get a 21 for jump.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Coan wrote:Immediatley recognising the danger that not only the creature brings but the rash actions of the others, Hiro stands carefully and leaps out of the boat towards the high roots of the nearby mangroves.

He hopes this will give the group room to fight safetly while also reminding them from the boat's rocking that sudden action could tip them over regardless.

With any luck the creature would follow him anyway. He needed room to fight.

Edit: OOC: I get a 21 for jump.
OOC: Keep in mind the boat is not a stable platform to jump from--you're going to push it back as you take off. It's heavy enough that it's possible to jump, but you'll need to make a DC 15 Balance check to jump successfully. Also, it's going to reduce the distance you can jump by half (the other half goes into making the boat move).
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

[OOC: Are our characters seated more or less the same way as before? Also, how spread-out is the marsh around us: mostly water, water with dry patches, or are we traveling along a watercourse between solid banks of land?]
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Rotipher of the FoS wrote:[OOC: Are our characters seated more or less the same way as before? Also, how spread-out is the marsh around us: mostly water, water with dry patches, or are we traveling along a watercourse between solid banks of land?]
OOC: Good question. I should've described this already. :oops: You're in a largish channel--maybe 20 feet across--which is apparently pretty deep (Gerard is holding his pole, which is a bit more than twice his height, near the top.) Image
This is a pretty good picture of your surroundings--imagine you're in a channel like the one in the center of the photograph, except a bit wider (at night, in the rain, with the trees leafy instead of bare).

Let's try this: