Le Coq Noir April 11th

Join us for our Halloween celebration
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Le Coq Noir April 11th

Post by steveflam »

Dorothea stretched and rose from bed abruptly. Yawning she walked to the window and peered outside. Heavens Saints, probably just as humid or more out there she pondered. She fell to the floor gracefully and did her exercises for nearly an hour. Wiping the sweat from her face she thought about the two who'd entered the Inn early this morning.

They must be with the party and hwy does one of them have blood on their cloak and clothing? I can perhaps ask when I see him later. He looks like a Darkonian. The other I can't place. She dressed quickly and grabbing her quarterstaff she exitted her room. Locking the door she descended the stairs and proceeded to the dining room. Spotting a quiet table she sat and waited to be served.

When the host did approach her she greeted him "Bonjour Messieur. Le special du jour s'il vous plait[Hi/Good Morning. I'll have the special please]." She looked around the Inn.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Dadrag wakes up late this morning. As he wash his face, he remembers the events of the last night.

"The last night was very...eventful!" Says to himself.

Wearing his clothes and armour notices the wound at his chest.

"I was lucky with this clawed beast. Even with Crow's strange song which gave me vigor, I have hard time with it. I should have avoided the close combat."

Cleaning his cloak as better as he can, Dadrag gets his weapons and goes to the dining room. He chooses a table at the back of the room and waves to a maid.

When a beatiful young woman at her early teens approaches his table, the ex-assassin orders the special dish. Then, he sits comfortably to his chair and looks around as unintrested, but with his keen eyes scans the people around him.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Hiro had been up since dawn taking a morning walk around the area. He liked to get outside and relax slightly. Having traded his swamp gear for his more usual long coat, tunic and trousers he enters the breakfast area and sits at Dadrag's table.

"Morning Dadrag-san. Did you sleep well?"
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Pretty much. I was very tired from our...trip. I hope we shouldn't visit that place any more."

Looking his cloak he continues:

"If we must go there again though, I'll ask better payment."

Turning his gaze up to the samurai he asks:

"What about you Hiro?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Dorothea recognised the two men from the night before. I though that there was a bigger party than that. Unless as I am not with Helmut, these are bodyguards and thus not with their sponsors.

Gesturing to the man who served her, she waits. When he arrives she speaks "Alors, les deux messiurs a l'autre table, je leurs invite a prendre leur déjeuner ici avec moi. Dites leur que nous avons un connaisance en commun en Mr Roeccha." She points out Dadrag and Hiro to the waiter.

The waiter approaches Dadrag and Hiro's table and relays Dorothea's message. "The lady at the other table" nodding to Dorothea " invites you to join her for breakfast. She informs me that you have an acquaintance in common in a Mr Roeccha."

Translation = I invite the two men at the other table to join me for breakfast. Tell them we have a friend in common in Mr Roeccha.
Last edited by steveflam on Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Dadrag studies for a moment the woman who has invited them to her table despite she doesn't know them. Despite she knows the language, the mercenary is quite sure that she is not from Sournage. Always curious, the ex-assassin wants to know something more about her as long as who is this Roeccha that they should know. So he smiles to Dorothea, stands up, approaches to her table and with a bow he says:

"Thank you for the offer. I'm Dadrag Sotris and this is my friend Hiro Harako. And you are Ms...?"

As speaking Dadrag looks better the woman in order to see if she has any weapons except the quarterstaff.

OOC> Spot check: 19
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Dorothea stands and bows back to both Dadrag and Hiro. She appears to be in her late twenties and of the Core. Strangely enough she resembles one of Paridon as Gertrude. She has long red hair braided back neatly and green eyes. She stands at 5"8.

She wears a charcoal grey tabard upon which is a blue circle, yellow square and a red human embroidered onto it. Under this are a simple pair of pants and tunic and a well worn pair of travelling boots. Tucked in her belt are Nunchaka's . At her hip is a weapon hilt in a scabbard. The quarterstaff leans on the wall near her chair.

"I am Dorothea, Dorothea Nairne. It is a pleasure to meet you. I was told by my sponsor Brother Jurgens that there would be more of the party returning from your mission. Have the Brothers gone up the Maison and left you here as my Sponsor did?" She pauses a moment to asses both men then adds.

"I was here in the early morning when you arrived. The blood on your cloak tells me you ran into some trouble. Are either of you in need of healing? I might be able to help you there."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Noticing Dorothea's weapons Dadrag makes no comment, but he makes a mental note that this woman might be powerful which means that he has to be cautious with her.

As Dorothea speaks, Dadrag thinks:

"Again the word Brother! It seems there are many of them around. I wonder what they are up to. This Dorothea seems to be a mercenary of this Brother Jurgens. But she seems to know more things about these Brothers than I do. She knew also that we had a mission yesterday and that the others have gone to Maison. Interesting..."

As he gets a seat he says:

"Yes, we were more at the mission. But only the two of us have stayed here. The others have left early this morning. They were pretty eager, you know how it is... They should meet the others."

Dadrag looks the dried blood at his cloak and says:

"We have ran into some troubles indeed, but we are all fine, thank you. I think it's very handy being able to use divine magic. Says Dadrag with a smile.

Then he continues:

"I haven't seen you here before, when do you and Brother Jurgens came to Sournage?"
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"We have been here a few weeks now. I have spent my time acclimatising myself with Souragne. Though I do speak the language nothing prepares you for the culture as being there and experienceing it first hand. I did study about Souragne in Martira Bay. You look Darkonian so I am sure you've been to there." She sips her drink and eats a piece of bread.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Dadrag at her remark about Sournage looks around the patrons having breakfast without paying much attention to the humidity or the mosquitos and says:

"Yes indeed. I'm from Darkon as you said and of course I have been to Martira Bay. Where are you from Dorothea? I don't think you are Darkonese."
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Why I am from Darkon, why do you ask? I did study at the Temple of the Divinity of Mankind in Paridon, which is why I wear this" she taps her clothing "but I am from Martira Bay."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Dadrag studies her for another moment. His look is penetrating as trying to see through Dorothea. Then he smiles and says:

"I see, probabbly I have missunderstood. I..."

Dadrga cuts his sentence when the maid appears and gets him the breakfast.

"Thank you." Says the ex-assassin.

"This is what I wanted a good meal!"

When the maid leaves, the mercenary asks again:

"You said that you could heal me if necessary, are you a kind of cleric Dorothea? You know in our job the presense of a person capable to cure is very useful."
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Dorothea shrugs. "I can only do it once per day so it's not something I use freely. Only in the case of emergencies really. Admittedly our line of work is hazardous to one's health, but that's what I chose to do."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"This woman was ready to cure me even if she can do it only once/day and she knows me less than 5 minutes! I would never do that if I could." Thinks Dadrag as he gets some bread.

Looking Dorothea gets his chair a little closer and with a smile asks:

"Really, how a beautiful woman like you decided to do such a risky job?"
- W H A T ! ? !
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Hiro glances at the woman and coughs politely.

"Divinity of Mankind you say? A strange vocation for a Martira Bayer." gently his hand moves to a salt shaker and edges to the end of the table. "Would I be correct then in assuming that if I... left this fall off the table, you could catch it before it smashed? Hmm?"

The woman's appearance was starting to make sense now to Hiro, and her choice of clothes.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]