The Lost Journals - Comments

Fiction about Ravenloft or Gothic Earth
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by High Priest Mikhal »

I've spent the better part of an hour now reformatting and editing the Lost Journals Compilation just to fit with the changes I'm making. This includes correcting all those continuity errors :oops: (one of the most important rules of writing is "always review any existing material"). Whoa, deja vu.

That said, in reviewing what I've got I realize there's so much more I want to add, change, and otherwise expand. This doesn't even include the uncut version I plan on releasing--where language is uncensored and things aren't always "skipped over," including some all new entries that won't be in the regular comp. If I spend the weekend working on it I might have the basic version out in a week or two. The uncut version will take a little bit longer.
"Money is the root of all evil...I think I need more money."
Tykus
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tykus »

Loved the entries. "The Man in Metal." <chuckle> I'll have to remember that one. Do I detect an upcoming Deadlands connection or are you just toying me with a tree of life? And it would be just like the DP's to have an ironic sense of humor--magnesium salts in a metal-poor Island of Terror.
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Not a Tree of Life, my friend. A Tree of Death. I'm still writing the next entry (Windows WordPad holds the entries nicely until I'm done with them). And actually the magnesium salts would be common on Athas as well--at least anywhere there are obsidian deposits. The two tend to occur under the same conditions. But yeah, that's a bit of irony that would fit the DP's nature.
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Heads up. The first draft of The Lost Journals Compilation is now available for download here. This is only the first draft and incorporates only the basest changes to the story. The uncut version featuring content too mature for the FOS's PG-13 limit is still being written, as is a final draft.
Last edited by High Priest Mikhal on Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tykus
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tykus »

High Priest Mikhal wrote:Heads up. The first draft of The Lost Journals Compilation is now available for download here. This is only the first draft and incorporates only the basest changes to the story. The uncut version featuring content too mature for the FOS's PG-13 limit is still being written, as is a final draft.
Is that "basest" as in "simple, basic" or "basest" as in "vulgar, crude?" :D
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Basic-basic, simple changes only. Nothing crude or vulgar. Just in case anyone wants to complain. "This has been a CMA post."
Tykus
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tykus »

High Priest Mikhal wrote:Basic-basic, simple changes only. Nothing crude or vulgar. Just in case anyone wants to complain. "This has been a CMA post."
Link's not working.
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

*!%##(*@%^#*!*@# Geocities!! :evil:

Okay, the link in the post I made is now fixed. Here it is again just to be safe.
Tykus
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tykus »

High Priest Mikhal wrote:*!%##(*@%^#*!*@# Geocities!! :evil:

Okay, the link in the post I made is now fixed. Here it is again just to be safe.
But it works in this thread. The DPs must be having fun with you.
Hindsight is, after all, caused by a lack of foresight.

Death rates exceeded 100% in some towns.

Charles V spent most of his reign aging.

This was beginning of Empire, when Europeans felt the need to reach out and smack someone
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Tykus wrote:But it works in this thread. The DPs must be having fun with you.
That's 'cause I went back and fixed the original as well. I'm a perfectionist, what can I say?
Tykus
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tykus »

High Priest Mikhal wrote:
Tykus wrote:But it works in this thread. The DPs must be having fun with you.
That's 'cause I went back and fixed the original as well. I'm a perfectionist, what can I say?
Gods, could you imagine a perfectionist DL? If so, give me some ideas, my story is headed that way.

This was beginning of Empire, when Europeans felt the need to reach out and smack someone
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

A neurotic, chronically anxious, obsessive-compulsive clinical depressive with severe social phobia and no life whatso--oh, wait. That's not a perfectionist Dark Power; that's me. :D

The next update to the Lost Journals Comp will include a change from that horrid columnal look to the full-page spread like here, justified and hyphenated to give it a cleaner look. The biggest story change will be the changing of that golem in Spiritsvale (I've always hated how that came out). I'll also be expanding several other parts and introducing a new character that will play a role in the v2 journals.
Tykus
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Tykus »

Nice entry. Granted, I don't have the map in front of me but I don't recall any mountains in Kalidnay. Nice add.

High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Actually I'm a little disappointed with it, so I may go back and redo it later. I wanted to finish the Kalidnay adventure off and that's what came out. As for mountains, it's been so long since I last saw the map of Kalidnay I barely remember a thing about it. I had to search to get the name of the town Artan-Ak.
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

The latest update to The Lost Journals Compilation is now up, including an all new character that will be showing up in v2 entries.