Into the Mist (commentary)

Fiction about Ravenloft or Gothic Earth
Lord_Pruitt
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Into the Mist (commentary)

Post by Lord_Pruitt »

I figure this story has been sitting, unfinished, on my computer for years, and it might as well see the light from other people's eyes. Please feel free to comment and such here, but I will warn you that the story is unfinished. I can still remember that early one morning, on my way home after a long night's work, I came up with a brilliant solution to this problem. But, like a weary idiot, when I got home, I just piled into bed without jotting this idea down. And the brilliance was lost in the dream-ether...

A few things - I, of course, have modified the cannon version of Ravenloft for this short story. I greatly appreciated Ricoba and Arkendale (made by Andrew Wyatt, from the Lonesome Road website) - I think they give the dread realms a lot more flavor. I'm sure there are other sources that I need to list for credit, but they escape me right now.

EDIT - I forgot to mention a few things about the story structure. As it will be obvious, I decided to semi-mimic a Bram Stoker kind of style, ie - the story is mostly told in a journal format, with cut-scenes included. It's the first time that I've attempted such, so be gentle in constructive comments. :)

But please, read this little tale and feel free to leave comments here. I hope you enjoy the ride you're about to take.