Staunton Bluffs Episode I: To the Borderstone

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Tavian wrote:Shocked by the recent turn of events and the completely illogical happenings around him, Tavian does the only thing he can think to do. He swims over to the belladonna plant and examines it (smell, touch, etc.)
From the small belladonna blooms, a shimmering dust, like glowing pollen dust, floats into the air. Strange that Tavian didn't notice when he first saw it...
Does Tavian touch the plant?

Nathan, who had stood behind Shana when the monster began its attack, suddenly feels a terroble pain around his chest...

Crying, he slowly begins to become black and grey, and when his skin and clothes have lost all their colours, he fades into foggy cloud...

[CapN has comitted the mistake to begin posting over at Episode II. Don'tdo that please - this adventure shall keep some logical sense. Those of you who are released from the dreamscape will be PMed directly.]
CapN
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by CapN »

OOC: See how this guy is evil? I just commit a small mistake and he kilss me!
Le Noir Faineant

CapN wrote:OOC: See how this guy is evil? I just commit a small mistake and he kilss me!
[You're not dead, of course! You just awake a little bit shocked! Check the post at the other thread - I count with at Episode II. :wink: ]
CapN
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by CapN »

Rafael wrote:
CapN wrote:OOC: See how this guy is evil? I just commit a small mistake and he kilss me!
[You're not dead, of course! You just awake a little bit shocked! Check the post at the other thread - I count with at Episode II. :wink: ]
Yes I know, but they didn't. :twisted:
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana struggles desperatly to break free of the creature, shocked by the pain of the injury, and panicked by the sudden attack, hitting it desperatly with the sceptre and trying to pull away from it...
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

Rafael wrote:
Tavian wrote:Shocked by the recent turn of events and the completely illogical happenings around him, Tavian does the only thing he can think to do. He swims over to the belladonna plant and examines it (smell, touch, etc.)
From the small belladonna blooms, a shimmering dust, like glowing pollen dust, floats into the air. Strange that Tavian didn't notice when he first saw it...
Does Tavian touch the plant?

quote]

Yes.
Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

Seeing that there's nothing else that can be done except face the monster, Adrian moves forward towards the thrashing waters where the monster and Shana once were. Adrian reaches into the water, hoping to grab Shana and pull her back to the surface, but he's smacked in the midsection by the monster's thick tail, driving him backwards.

"This is ridiculous," he thinks to himself. "This is a creature that can't possibly exist, so how am I supposed to defeat it? I've got to think of a way, and quickly, as there aren't even air bubbles coming up from where Avra and Alain are... This is getting critical."

Adrian moves back in, grabbing for Shana while trying to pummel the monster. Each move is getting more and more frantic as Adrian merely feels scaly limbs as he tries to grab at the human flesh...
Le Noir Faineant

CapN wrote: Yes I know, but they didn't. :twisted:
[:twisted: You're really more evil than I thought! :azalin: Splendid!]

---------------------------------------------------------

OUCH! Did Tavian just stab himself with a thorn? - Before his eyes, the plant begins to wither away into... into ash!

For a moment, Tavian looses his orientation and then, like displaced by magic, finds himself before the monster!

Distracted from Shana for a moment, the monster slabbs Tavian, hitting him so hard the he is thrown back a few feet and nearly falls into the red water.

[Water level is as high as Tavian's shoulders now.]

Adrian manages to help Shana to get free, but only for an instant. The monster catches him and buries its fangs in his neck! [Don't worry about damage - this is still a dream...]

Shana, however, is now free to counterattack!
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

Momentarily stunned by this turn of events (and the excessive force used by the monster), Tavian shakes himself back to his senses. He turns on the monster, and all you can see is a head bobbing over the water with a cruel look in his eyes, his teeth gritted angrily.

He makes a motion with his arms, as if splashing the bloody water at those in front of him, but along with the water explodes a blue ball of blazing fire, hurtling towards the beast.

(Eldritch blast on the monster)
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana surges to her feet, thrusts out her hands towards the beast and spits out a single phrase. Instantly, a swirling hypnotic mass of clashing colours ripples out from her hands, engulfing the monster in a maelstrom of sensations

[Colour Spray the monster (trying to miss Adrian if I can, but if not... oh well)
Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

Adrian's back arches from the pain as he wrenches away from the monster. It merely chews up the torn piece of flesh, blood dripping from the corners of its mouth. Adrian hesitates, not certain what to do now, as a burst of magical energy explodes off of the monster followed closely by a flurry of colored lights. Not waiting to see the effect of the others' magics, Adrian follows with a one-two punch to the creature's jaw and face. "It seems I have no choice," he thinks, "I've got to keep its attention off of the others while they work their magics... I only hope I prove fit enough to survive..."

[Flurry of blows on the monster, which is at +0/+0]
Le Noir Faineant

Both the Eldritch blast and the colour spray primarily affect Adrian, making his attempt to hit the monster almost uneffective. - All the contrary, the monster grabs Adrian's shoulders and uses him like a shield against the blast from Tavian...

Then, a metal sound, iron against flesh, and Shana and Tavian see Adrian fall into the red water, blood springing from his throat...
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana gasps in terror and swirls her hand in a circle. A wreath of mist forms out of the air and circles the creature's head, blocking it's vision, moving as it moves. Brow furrowed in concentration she fumbles for her crossbow.

[Silent Image to block it's sight and hamper it, and prepare to shoot!]
Le Noir Faineant

- Suddenly, the monster dissapears. Not in a flash of light or something, it just ceases to exist.
Shana will almost turn a summersault!

When Shana hits the ground, something changes... The red water is gone.

Shana, Aelia and Tavian stand in the empty, dark house, still trembling from the fear and from the cold.

The house is really EMPTY... Nothing is there except the fountain... Not even dust.

And the song of a woman can be heard from behind the eastern door again...

You wake up...

Please continue HERE