Staunton Bluffs Episode II: Border Ruins

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Don Fernando »

Jarryd wakes up, inmediately and still feels the pain of Lodissios kick.
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Lodissio nods to the newcomer, but doesn't help him.

"I saw you... In my dreams. Welcome."

Still, he does seem as if he has something fairly urgent to say to you, and without further interference, walks into the southern room.

Following him, Alain and Izabela enter a room that will remind Alain in a twisted manner of the places he saw in his dreams - except that there stand no beds in the room any more, or any kind of furniture.

Alain would say that it has recently burned in this room, but how could that be?

Lodissio guides them into yet another, empty room, the one the holy symbol and the doors appeared the night before.

This room doesn't look like devastated by a fire, but more if it had rained into it for a long time - dirty brown slop cover the ground, and it stinks like if something was moldering... How can that be.

In narrow niche of the room, you can see something shimmer with a fainting silver glance and discover the remains of a small altair - obviously broken into peices and covered with mudd.

Do you want to examine the two rooms or follow Lodissio directly -through a big, iron double door...

Just like the one Alain entered in his dreams...
StuckInOrbit
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by StuckInOrbit »

Izabela will cautiously investigate the ruined altar.

I will attempt to detect any traps before hand.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana jerks upright with a half scream of panic, and looks around, breathing fast, eyes wide, assessing the area. She jerks at the sight of the corpse, and looks around for the others

[any equipment changes? have the spells I used in the dream been expended in reality?]
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

Rudely awakened from his slumber, Tavian jumps to his feet. He looks unbalanced and he looks frantically around him. His long, black hair is a tangled mess, and when he sees the new arrivals, one of them female, he attempts to fix it. Realizing he is fighting a losing battle, he quickly pulls up his hood.

It must have been a nightmare. he thinks to himself, wondering silently if the others had a similar experience. Not wanting to look foolish, he straightens his clothes and attempts to blend in to the group.
Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Don Fernando »

Jarryd walks by Lodissio, not knowing what his intentions are. He feels something strange in his behavior. A few hours ago he was almost dead, and now he´s walking and talking as if nothing had happenend. Could it be that the wound had fully healed while Jarryd and the others where sleeping? These thoughts trouble Jarryd, but is unable to ask anything to Lodissio, at least not yet..
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
Le Noir Faineant

IN THE FOUNTAIN ROOM:

Shana and Tavian finally awake, finding themselves vomitting reddish the room water and room in terrible disorder... [Read above.]

Shana will find that, instead of the golden sceptre, she is bearing a small wooden branch in her hand... The branch looks old, and bears signs of having been burned...

IN THE ALTAIR ROOM:

Izabela finds no traps when she takes a closer look to the small small idol...

A sword, a belladona, and a silver shield, all not bigger than the palm of her hand, and once made of the most delicate silver, lie there in the small niche...

Lodissio awakes her from her deep thoughts.

"Go on. This is not the weirdest thing around here. But can anyone tell me how we made it here, darn it?"

The satyr points at the rusty iron double doors.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana looks shakily at Tavian, then smiles a little uncertainly at him as she stands up, and heads after the sounds of voices, glancing nervously around. As she arrives she looks curiously at the newcomers, but stays silent for now.
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Alain continues to follow Lodissio.
"We walked here."He replies to the satyr.
"Well, you were carried in a state of high fever brought on by your wounds..."He then pauses and looks at Lodissio suspiciously, then shakes his head and moves on to open the iron double doors Lodissio points at.
StuckInOrbit
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by StuckInOrbit »

Izabela picks up the three small pieces and places them in her backpack.

She then quickly follows Alain to the double doors.

OOC: Rafael, I had thought you meant altar, not ALTAIR! haha I was under the impression something was inside an altar... hence the search! Sorry for the confusion.
Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

Adrian looks up, nods and smiles weakly to Tavian and Shana. He thinks to himself, "I'm being selfish, depending on these people too much. They're going through as much as I am. Nature dictates survival of the fittest; it's time to become stronger."

Adrian picks himself up, pulls his pack back on to his back, and offers a hand to anyone still getting up. Adrian joins the others by the rusted iron door, and as he waits on the others to suggest some form of action which he may follow, Adrian studies the door hinges, joins, etc to see if there's a relatively easy way to dismantle the door if necessary.
Le Noir Faineant

StuckInOrbit wrote: OOC: Rafael, I had thought you meant altar, not ALTAIR! haha I was under the impression something was inside an altar... hence the search! Sorry for the confusion.
[:)]
StuckInOrbit wrote:Izabela picks up the three small pieces and places them in her backpack.
The pieces of silver feel unnaturally cold when Izabela touches them...

Alain close behind him, Lodissio pushes open the iron double doors...

The short time you knew him, Nicholas always prooved to be a kind.hearted and freindly companion. Why, o why should he deserve the bitter end he seems to have met while you were sleeping?

From the roof of what appears to be the dirty, empty skeleton of an old watchtower, a long, blood-soaked rope hangs, and beneath it, his throat almost cut by a sling, hangs the body of poor young Nicholas...

Please continue HERE!