Staunton Bluffs Episode II: Border Ruins

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Staunton Bluffs Episode II: Border Ruins

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

MARRIELLE! DON'T! MARRIELLE!

Alain awakes crying Marrielle's name over and over...

His clothes are wet from his sweat, and from a reddish liquid.

His head hurts terribly, as if he had drunk all night, and it prooves difficult to keep his eyes open.

The room is lying in is the same he and the other companions made their rest the night before.

No sign of the reptillian killer, or the red paste in which he was so fatally drowning.

Yet, everywhere is blood... On the walls, on his clothes, in the fountain, and on his other comrades.

Stocker's body lies in a corner... But his head is missing...

The others lie there on the ground, or cower against the walls, still caught in their feverish dreams. Alain can hear the sleepers' deep breath and their frightful ghasps.

All seem pale, and Shana and Avra breath in an irregular rythm.

And there is absolutely no sign of Nicolas and Lodissio!
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Alain, unable to control his breath for a minute, sits in shock and horror at the scene around him, chest rising and falling rapidly. Shakily, he slowly rises up to his feet and runs his fingers through his now stained reddish hair.
"Hey!" he shouts
"Wake up! It's just a dream!" He begins to make to each member of the party and shake them.
"Sacre bleu..." He trails off as he see's the corpse of stocker.
"What has happened...what...what did this?" Alain then loses himself in the horror that possibly the events of the dream transpired in reality as well. Unable to stand any longer due to shakey limbs, alain stumbles down to a seated position.
"But...It was just a dream...wasn't it Marriell?" He mumbles, completley unaware of the name he spoke.
StuckInOrbit
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by StuckInOrbit »

I slowly walk in through the main door. I am dazed and for the most part lost.

Softly speaking as to not startle... "What is this place? Who are you?"

(Me)
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Alain slowly raises his head, eyes red from recent tears. He looks at the woman who spoke to him as if he couldn't believe she exists at all.
He takes in a deep breath and exhales slowly, saying nothing, just squinting and shaking his head in disbelief.
His mouth forms words without sound as if to say "It was a dream..."
StuckInOrbit
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by StuckInOrbit »

I examine the surroundings from where I stand... the blood, the corpse without a head and the other people in the room.

I am afraid to move from my position for I can sense that something is dreadfully wrong.

"I.. I am Izabela. What happened here? Where are we?"

Izabela is extremely confused as to how she got to this house. Her last known position was western Barovia, just west of Krezk and heading into the mists enroute to Borca. When the mists cleared she was standing outside this house.
Le Noir Faineant

Avra suddenly opens his eyes and staggers on his feet, vomitting reddish, sand-coloured water. His eyes are opened in amazement and panic.

Alan will notice that Shana is holding a wooden stick in her hand he didn't notice the night before...
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Alain's senses come barreling back to his conscious mind with a visable shudder. He looks at Isabella with troubled eyes.
"You are not in a good place Madam. I regret to inform you that Your journy has put you amongst a company of the damned."
He looks around and see's Avra waking up, vomiting the reddish liquid and amazingly a slight bit of hope spreads across his face.
"Avra!" he exclaims and rushes over to Avra, but stops as he nears the smell of the vomit.
"It was real Avra! The dream was real!"
StuckInOrbit
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by StuckInOrbit »

"Damnit" Izabela quietly mutters under her breath as she turns to look back outside. She pulls off her hood and lets her long black hair fall down her back.

She stands quietly looking out the door, frustrated knowing that she certainly is now far off her course.

"I still do not know your name, sir." She says to the man she's been trying to speak too. Izabela turns away from the door and looks back into the bloodbath.

"May we start with that? Or... do you wish to remain nameless? It is quite beautiful outside, much more so than in here, and i'd be more than happy to step back out through that door which I just came in."
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Alain pauses for a moment and for a moment regains his former composure. He looks to the woman who can see for a moment a younger, more carefree person in the eyes of a man bordering madness.
"Oh, How rude of me. My name is Alain Guischard of Port a' Lucine, Dementlieu. I am a writer by trade."
He then gives a slight smile before the look of innocence is lost again and an intense fear takes it's place.
"Please, My friends are lost in a realm of dreams, well a dream world which is also real...er...they are in great danger." He looks around to all of his companions and runs his fingers through his red-stained hair, an obvious nervous gesture.
"Avra..." He says to his companion."Avra, you must help me wake everyone else." He says on the verge of panic. He goes to try to wake Shana, then he notices Nicolas and Lodissio missing.
"Oh no...We are missing some...Lodissio is gone, as well as Nicolas." He seems to almost lose control again but snaps back into his bearings. He continues to Shana's body and attempts to shake her to consiousness.
"Shana!" he shouts. "Shana wake up!"
He then looks up to Izabella.
"Please Madame, Help me to waken my companions. We must get everyone who is alive out of this building. It is not safe in here."
CapN
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by CapN »

StuckInOrbit wrote:|It is quite beautiful outside, much more so than in here, and i'd be more than happy to step back out through that door which I just came in."
"It's your call". If she decides to stay (and she will) "What's your profession and where do you come from?".
StuckInOrbit
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by StuckInOrbit »

"Well met, Alain of Dementlieu. It is ashame we meet under these conditions."
"What's your profession and where do you come from?".
"I take it you must be Avra. Again, my name is Izabela. I'm sorry for my gestures to leave this room, but you must understand I am as shaken and disoriented as you all must be."

Izabela remains quiet for a moment, looking around.

"I am from Barovia Village, Barovia. I am a baker, whether I want to be or not, thanks to my mother. For what it's worth I am quite knowledgeable about the night sky."

She begins to approach one of the sleeping individuals.

"I'll help however I can."

She will also attempt to move anyone who does not awaken outside.
CapN
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by CapN »

I mumble "Great! An amateur!". "Actually, I'm Nathan, priest of Wee Jaz; Avra is the one with the scimitar".

OOC: do we still have the scepter or the silver sword and shield?
Le Noir Faineant

[ :evil: CapN!!! You're supposed to be trapped in that dreamscape with the others! How shall Shana, Tavian and Jarryd take that monster without your help!? - But well, since there can nothing be done to fix this any more, I wrote you an outro to explain your transition. :) ]

When Nathan awoke shortly after Avra, he found his breast terribly scared - fresh scars, as of something had eaten its way into him... Breathing hurts a bit, but apart from that, it's okay...

Shana doesn't react to Alain's attempt, but suddenly opens her eyes and her mouth. Alain will be terrified when he sees that her eyeballs and her throat have sunken into the same reddish paste he and Avra throwed out when they woke up...

From the southern room, a rumbling sound can be heard, and shortly after a human voice cursing...
Last edited by Le Noir Faineant on Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Le Noir Faineant

CapN wrote: OOC: do we still have the scepter or the silver sword and shield?
[Sorry, forgot about that in my little ranting... The seord and the shield are gone - But Shana now bears a small wooden stick in her hands she didn't have when you all went to rest...]
CapN
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by CapN »

Rafael wrote:[ :evil: CapN!!! You're supposed to be trapped in that dreamscape with the others! How shall Shana, Tavian and Jarryd take that monster without your help!? - But well, since there can nothing be done to fix this any more, I wrote you an outro to explain your transition. :) ]
Oh, I hadn't notice only Alain awake. If you want I'll go back to the dream.