Staunton Bluffs: THE SUPER SECRET THREAD!!! Don't look!

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
DamienJ
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by DamienJ »

Startled by the sudden sunlight, Erdwin takes only a moment to assess this new situation. With a yell, he raises his sword and charges the beast!

[OOC: Power Attack (+1)l and Charge. At least maybe I can distract it for a moment...]
"Listen to them, children of the night! What music they make."
- Bram Stoker, [u]Dracula[/u]
sl4
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by sl4 »

As soon as the beast is distracted I dive out of the hole, looking surprised at the newcomers charge. My "beast" leaps lithely to a flanking position as I scramble back, and I prepare to support the new arrival's attack
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Shana's valiant attempt is rewarded, the beast indeed hisses and barks towards the illusionary figure, and turns its head away from the fear-shaken monk and the sorceress. In the next moment, the beast is hit heavily from behind, as bold Erdwin launches himself against it with all power, and the hellhound staggers out of the earth-hole, fearfully howling...

[50% percent chance to get out... Wanna try your luck?]
sl4
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by sl4 »

"Quick!" I hiss at Avra, and try a dive forward roll past the creature and out to a safe(r) distance, where I spin round and begin weaving magic again

[tumble check to avoid the attack of opportunity!]

[it MIGHT work...]
DamienJ
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by DamienJ »

Erdwin smiles as his sword bites deeply into the beasts flank. Blood spatters all around, seeming to stain this beautiful day.

"Death," like a mantra, Erdwin repeats to himself, "Death to the wicked. Death to the monsters. Death. Death."

Not paying any heed to those crawling from the hole, he prepares himself to reattack.

"Belenus, guide my hand!" He cries out as he lifts his sword...

[OOC: Smite Evil]
Le Noir Faineant

Erdwin again hits the monster with all force, and buries his sword deep in the flesh of the horrible creature.

For a moment, the beast is distracted, and Shana can flee out of the hole...

However, Erdwin will be horrified to see his sword break as he tries to pull it out of this demon's body...

And Avra is stills tuck down in the earthhole...
sl4
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by sl4 »

I lift my hands in a swirling gesture again, the phantom hound still threatening from the far side of the creature to the strange warrior, and a swirl of thick smoke wreaths its head

[Silent Image of smoke to surround it's head; blinding and confusing it (I hope...)]
Le Noir Faineant

The hound hisses and barks at Shana, showing her its unnaturally deformed fangs...

And then jumps over to the earthhole again. where Avra is still trying to free himself...

[One standard action before the hound reaches Avra!]
sl4
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by sl4 »

hmm... I think I am reduced to shooting it.

Does it seem to be breathing? Its not an undead hound is it?

[ooc: I WASTE IT WITH MY CROSSBOW!
always wanted to say that...]
Boccaccio Barbarossa
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Boccaccio Barbarossa »

***at the cave***

Avra was caught off guard by Shana's ruse - he had not anticipated the effect of her spell. He keeps trying to find an opening, a chace to exit the hole... But if he becomes aware of seomone fighting the beast, he will charge it and strike with... well, if he stilll has that fighting stick he uses to practice, he'll use that. If not: fists will have to do.
Barbarossa Vineyards - Fine Brandies. The choice of true connaisseurs. (Located an hour's ride outside of Karina.)

A loose collection of writings about our (sometimes) ongoing campaign. http://ravenloft.inoveryourhead.net/
Le Noir Faineant

Although Shana and Avra do their best to kill the beast...
And Shana wastes it with her crossbow...
Their attack has nearly no effect.

The horrid one jumps over and attempts to attack Erdwin... Jumping on him and breaking the paladin's neck with the weight of his own body...

[DO something!!! Quickly!!! :shock:]

You can hear something cry in the woods nearby... A great bird? - An oliphant? - Oh gods, another one of those hellish fiends!

[I assume that Avra manages to exit the hole in the meantime...]
sl4
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by sl4 »

with a yell, Shana unleashes a colour spray in a desperate attempt to stun it, then sets the illusion hound forward to distract the beast from its current victim, preparing to fire my crossbow again
DamienJ
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by DamienJ »

[OOC: Heh, didn't expect that...sorry about the dealy. Anyways, assuming you didn't really mean "breaks his neck" when you said "breaking the paladin's neck" :roll:]

Taken aback by the loss of his weapons, Erdwin was unable to defend himself from the hound. As its overbearing weight drags him down, he desparately hacks at the creatures underbelly with his sword stub, crying out all the while!
Le Noir Faineant

DamienJ wrote:[OOC: Heh, didn't expect that...sorry about the dealy. Anyways, assuming you didn't really mean "breaks his neck" when you said "breaking the paladin's neck" :roll:]

Taken aback by the loss of his weapons, Erdwin was unable to defend himself from the hound. As its overbearing weight drags him down, he desparately hacks at the creatures underbelly with his sword stub, crying out all the while!
[ :) Of course, I wanted to imply the hound's intention, and not his action... Would be a bit unfair, wouldn't it? ... :!: ... :twisted: Update follwoing tomorrow...]
Le Noir Faineant

Another hellish hound jumps out of the forest that surrounds the crater you're standind in...

The dog attacking Erwin suddenly jumps back from him [2 DAM, btw], and, completely ignoring Avra and Shana, and attacks that newcomer!

The two beasts go down in a horrifying, brutal struggle for life or death!

Maybe Shana's illusions have finally finally provoked a reaction... But was this the one she had expected?!